F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Mayweather vs. Ortiz
ARMA SPEED

09-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
BMCoupe_782
Bavarian Fever
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 328xi TiAg

Mayweather vs. Ortiz

Who do you have for this fight? It's next week in Vegas. I'm a huge "money" Mayweather fan and this should be no contest. I'm flying to Vegas to watch it!!!

Now Mayweather vs Pacman is the fight we all want. Who knows if that's going to happen. I'd even pay good money to see Amir Khan go up against pretty boy...
| ESS n52 Tune | BMW Performance Intake/Exhaust | LUX H8 v3 AE | GP Thunder 8500K fogs/corners | LED: signals/interior | V1 hardwired | debadge | AC pedals | Performance shift knob/boot | CF e-brake | Aero lip | m3 side skirts/spoiler | MB kidneys | Strut brace | Painted reflectors | Painted Calipers/Hubs | 35% 3M tint | Smoked tails | CF Roundels | 19" Miro 942 | Conti DWS | H&R Springs for xi | Bilstein Shocks| Nxt: Alpine Subs/Amps
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Mayweather has fans? ... Hope Ortiz cleans his clock.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCoupe_782 View Post
Who do you have for this fight? It's next week in Vegas. I'm a huge "money" Mayweather fan and this should be no contest. I'm flying to Vegas to watch it!!!

Now Mayweather vs Pacman is the fight we all want. Who knows if that's going to happen. I'd even pay good money to see Amir Khan go up against pretty boy...
You're a huge Mayweather fan? All of my friends who are into boxing that used to be fan's of his aren't anymore. I thought they went the way of the dodo.

When is he going to fight someone worth his time? He has been ducking Pacquiao forever. Don't even try and say it is the other way around because it isn't. The quality of fighter's Pacman has been going up against are much better than Mayweathers.

Mayweather thinks he can finish his career undefeated and proclaim himself the greatest fighter that ever lived. However, boxing fans will never give him the credit because he spent the last 4 years ducking the only fight that anyone ever wanted to see..

It's too bad too.. Mayweather vs. Pacquiao had the opportunity to bring boxing back into the spotlight and keep it there with a series of fights people actually cared about.. But with the UFC purchasing strikeforce, it might be the last big push MMA needed to start ushering in a new era of entertainment through fighting.
      09-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
fercho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4 2.5

hope Ortiz finish mayweather like chavez defeated mayweather!! I really want to see a fight like that!!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fercho View Post
hope Ortiz finish mayweather like chavez defeated mayweather!! I really want to see a fight like that!!

09-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
fercho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 z4 2.5

I am talking about the fight in 1985 between Roger mayweather and julio cesar chavez, look for it on youtube that was a good fight
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #8
BMCoupe_782
Bavarian Fever
United_States
Rep

I won't even begin to counter the Mayweather haters - but I will say you can't knock his talent and his undefeated record. He's pure entertainment as well....love him or hate him... he knows how to put on a show.

I've noticed he's acting more like a punk lately - making quesitonable decisions and pulling stupid stunts like burning money and getting into trouble with the law. The recent 24/7 episode where he goes head to head with Mayweather Sr. was just outrageous. I just hope for his sake he calms down because Karma is a bi*ch!

And yes, watching him fight Pacquiao is the fight we all want to see. I'll leave it at that!
| ESS n52 Tune | BMW Performance Intake/Exhaust | LUX H8 v3 AE | GP Thunder 8500K fogs/corners | LED: signals/interior | V1 hardwired | debadge | AC pedals | Performance shift knob/boot | CF e-brake | Aero lip | m3 side skirts/spoiler | MB kidneys | Strut brace | Painted reflectors | Painted Calipers/Hubs | 35% 3M tint | Smoked tails | CF Roundels | 19" Miro 942 | Conti DWS | H&R Springs for xi | Bilstein Shocks| Nxt: Alpine Subs/Amps
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
dryan81
Sh!t happens, cough it up.
United_States
Rep
Drives: daily

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
There is no doubt Mayweather has skills...and is probablly one of the most arrogant sports figures ever. But, with an undefeated record, can you blame him ? He has backed up the garbage that comes out of his mouth 41 times!

Now, if Pac-Man would only agree to the olympic style testing (really not a big deal), we would have an epic fight.

Neither Pac-Man nor Mayweather can be considered the best until they fight one another. It's that simple.
      09-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #10
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryan81 View Post
There is no doubt Mayweather has skills...and is probablly one of the most arrogant sports figures ever. But, with an undefeated record, can you blame him ? He has backed up the garbage that comes out of his mouth 41 times!

Now, if Pac-Man would only agree to the olympic style testing (really not a big deal), we would have an epic fight.

Neither Pac-Man nor Mayweather can be considered the best until they fight one another. It's that simple.
Do some reading into the situation about testing. They both agreed to testing. Then after the agreement was made the Mayweather camp negotiated in bad faith (changed the deal after the terms were made agreeable).

Mayweather AND Pacquiao have both fought chumps for the last 3 years. At least Pacquiao hasn't fought washed up has-beens though.
      09-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #11
BMCoupe_782
Bavarian Fever
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Do some reading into the situation about testing. They both agreed to testing. Then after the agreement was made the Mayweather camp negotiated in bad faith (changed the deal after the terms were made agreeable).

Mayweather AND Pacquiao have both fought chumps for the last 3 years. At least Pacquiao hasn't fought washed up has-beens though.
What are we defining as "chumps?" and "has-beens?" I dunno, I hear folks using that argument and it might not be valid one. UNLESS, we are defining credible fighters as those with a perfect or near perfect record....
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #12
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

more interested in the Klitschko vs. Adamek fight actually, since I'm a bit klitchko fan
      09-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #13
dryan81
Sh!t happens, cough it up.
United_States
Rep
Drives: daily

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post

....what is all boils down to, is drawing blood within 7 days of the fight. Pac-man says no, Mayweather says yes. That is the one stipulation that has prevented the fight from happening. At one point or another, Pac-Man, is going to have to bite the bullet and give in. What Mayweather is asking for is not crazy, as a matter of fact, it is how olympic style boxing operates(so it can't be that absurd). No doubt Mayweather is being difficult by requesting this test, but Pac-Man thinks he'll lose his strength/energy and other b/s by drawing blood so close to a fight.

As far as you stating Pacquiao has not fought washed up has-beens, lol...the definition of "has-been" is Shane Mosely. Seriously.

Last edited by dryan81; 09-08-2011 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #14
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
BMCoupe_782
Bavarian Fever
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryan81 View Post
....what is all boils down to, is drawing blood within 7 days of the fight. Pac-man says no, Mayweather says yes. That is the one stipulation that has prevented the fight from happening. At one point or another, Pac-Man, is going to have to bite the bullet and give in. What Mayweather is asking for is not crazy, as a matter of fact, it is how olympic style boxing operates(so it can't be that absurd). No doubt Mayweather is being difficult by requesting this test, but Pac-Man thinks he'll lose his strength/energy and other b/s by drawing blood so close to a fight.

As far as you stating Pacquiao has not fought washed up has-beens, lol...the definition of "has-been" is Shane Mosely. Seriously.
boom.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #16
texasmojo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i automatic

Ortiz should put up a good fight. Young, fast, hungry, power in both hands, and aggressive. I could see pbf picking him apart with counters when ortiz gets wreckless. Pbf does not posses the power to put ortiz out. Pbf is getting old and should have some ring rust. Ortiz has a legit shot.
      09-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #17
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

24/7 mayweather ortiz has been fun.

i will be rooting for pac man to get a chance to knock mayweather out.

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #18
BMCoupe_782
Bavarian Fever
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post
24/7 mayweather ortiz has been fun.

i will be rooting for pac man to get a chance to knock mayweather out.
Root extra hard, because if that fight happens Pacquiao will need it!!

24/7 has been fun to watch. Of course, Mayweather is portrayed as the brash, arrogant, out-of-control "oldie" with everything to lose...and Ortiz is the young, hungry, well spoken talent from a humble albeit troubled background. Pretty sure the third and final episodes are going to get intense.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #19
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCoupe_782 View Post
Pacquiao will need it!!

as for Ortiz vs Mayweather... I hope Ortiz beats him.

oh and, training here in the 805 FTW
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #20
etc335i
Trainee
El Salvador
Rep
Drives: BUS PASS

enough about pac man vs mayweather that fight isn't tonights fight....

and mayweather is going to get the W
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #21
Tranic335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Money going to be whooping some ass tonight
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #22
purpl3ish
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Velvet Orchid M3

Mayweather will win tonight; I had a random dream earlier this week he knocks him out in the 5th.

Ortiz is a good fighter I just think he jumped to Floyd way too early after he had one good fight against Berto.

As far as Manny, they should and eventually will fight..

But how can people say Manny fights "better" opponents than Floyd?

He fought De La Hoya after Floyd, Mosley after Floyd, Hatton after Floyd.

Floyd easily beat Marquez who at the time was rated #2 P4P only to Manny

I think their fight will happen if both can take care of business in their next fights..Manny has to man up and just take the tests..he's looking at a $40 million pay day if not more, for both fighters