F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Freshly Detailed/Washed Mineral Grey F30 & F32 Photo Request
proTUNING Freaks

04-28-2014, 01:52 AM   #1
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

Freshly Detailed/Washed Mineral Grey F30 & F32 Photo Request

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey Guys

This is my first post on this particular forum. Was trying to get some help from some of you MG F30 & F32 owners

I'm torn between MW and MG for my F82 order

I've looked at hundreds of MG pictures, and seen the color in person several times. I got an understanding now of the particular tone the color displays.

However, in person on some cars I've seen, and in some picture, the color appears flat. I believe the flatness of color I've seen in person has to do with the owners neglect of the car.

I would like too see, clean, freshly waxed, or well maintained pictures of various cars, just to get on idea of how the color shines when properly maintained.

I appreciate any feedback

Thank you guys.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:04 AM   #2
m2michael23
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition

I would go for MW.
      04-28-2014, 03:09 AM   #3
M3ryder55
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2michael23 View Post
I would go for MW.
did a comprehensive search through this section of F30 post after I made this post initially, looked at even more pics and yes I am starting to lean even more towards MW

MG just seems to dark, and i like dark cars, but it seems dull at the same time if that makes sense... in sunlight i actually like the metallic pop, even when the blue hue shows under various lighting situations

the cars that i saw w/ the m performance parts, such as the CF trunk lid, from pics its hard to distinguish the carbon fiber accent w/ the MG.. i know this isn't as bad in person that you can tell them apart, but can more owners chime in... lol

unless someone convinces me otherwise w/ a pic I'll lean back towards MG.. it was a 5050 toss up for me, pulled the trigger on MG first, than switched back to MW... MW was my gut pick initially, but i drifted away due to the fact that everyone here in LA drives a white car, white bmw's account for 1/10 cars I see on the road, literally, but grey isn't far off that at all, so justifying picking grey over white due to popularity issues didn't make sense.. but i still like a little color, not a fan on white cars really, but i feel like its the best choice available in the for the first year production F8X generation
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:12 AM   #4
m2michael23
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55
Quote:
I would go for MW.
did a comprehensive search through this section of F30 post after I made this post initially, looked at even more pics and yes I am starting to lean even more towards MW

MG just seems to dark, and i like dark cars, but it seems dull at the same time if that makes sense... in sunlight i actually like the metallic pop, even when the blue hue shows under various lighting situations

the cars that i saw w/ the m performance parts, such as the CF trunk lid, from pics its hard to distinguish the carbon fiber accent w/ the MG.. i know this isn't as bad in person that you can tell them apart, but can more owners chime in... lol

unless someone convinces me otherwise w/ a pic I'll lean back towards MG.. it was a 5050 toss up for me, pulled the trigger on MG first, than switched back to MW... MW was my gut pick initially, but i drifted away due to the fact that everyone here in LA drives a white car, white bmw's account for 1/10 cars I see on the road, literally, but grey isn't far off that at all, so justifying picking grey over white due to popularity issues didn't make sense.. but i still like a little color, not a fan on white cars really, but i feel like its the best choice available in the for the first year production F8X generation
You can put opti coat and other similar product to make to more shine. And also more aftermarket parts like aerodynamic parts will make your white car more unique. So... A car can be a special one of kind car my friend. Not even mention the wheels
      04-28-2014, 03:33 AM   #5
seamasters
seamasters
Australia
Rep
Drives: M5 F90 COMP , M4 Mineral White

Both are great colours. the 4er looks great in MG and looks way better in flesh . have a look at my car.
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971344
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:42 AM   #6
M3ryder55
Major
Rep

Gorgeous.. Now that made my decision harder.. Some pics some light conditions i don't like it at all.. Other pics I love it. One thing is for certain, the cf roof will be hidden from a pic stand point, however I agree pics don't do the color justice and it does look better in the flesh.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 03:52 AM   #7
M3ryder55
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2michael23
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55
Quote:
I would go for MW.

You can put opti coat and other similar product to make to more shine. And also more aftermarket parts like aerodynamic parts will make your white car more unique. So... A car can be a special one of kind car my friend. Not even mention the wheels
I agree with u and I lve always realized that. Starting to be happy with my final choice. There's nothing special about it over all.. Over used in models I feel like.. When I saw Singapore I was drooling.. Mg is just like a reg dark grey to me with no pop unless in person (which matters most I know) and well maintained.. At least mw isn't offered on the f32, not as many bmw models, and is a little cooler than the mg IMO because the color looks amazing in person and under different lighting conditions.. Like mw and metallic colors in general they change throughout the day some more drastic than others.. Mw is one of those which is pretty cool cause u don't see that often with a white car. It has a silverish hue unlike the ugly yellow hue on Lexus metallic white. Mg has it's moments where it looks incredible but also has those moments where not so much. I would love to see one with a proper set of wheels.. Finding the right wheel finish on this color will be challenging. Needs like a brushed aluminum finish def not dark wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 07:37 AM   #8
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Attached Images

04-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #9
M3ryder55
Major
Rep

gorgeous pics guys.. still think I've finally settled fully on mw
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #10
seamasters
seamasters
Australia
Rep
Drives: M5 F90 COMP , M4 Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
gorgeous pics guys.. still think I've finally settled fully on mw
Are you sure? Coz when you see the MG in flesh man u gonna love it. Lol im just muckin around.
Get what u like bro doesn't matter what colour they all look good on the 4, at the end of the day ur gonna be driving a beautiful car.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #11
CK335iMSport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

I say go for the MG, think it shows the lines of the F30 beautifully. These pics were taken in low light settings, but the color only gets better as it gets more light. My top two choices were MG and MW, but in the end I chose MG, and I'm glad I did.
Attached Images

2014 335i M Sport - Mineral Grey/Coral Red, Nav., Premium, HK, MPE, 8AT. Mods: Macht Schnell Spacers (12mm-front, 15mm-rear) with 403M's, Bilstein B8 Struts/H&R Sport Spring combo, M-Performance black kidney grilles, IND Distribution color-matched reflector inserts and key hole cover.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #12
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Me in different lighting...

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #13
Glassy
E36, E46, E90, E92, F32
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

MG all the way!
Attached Images