F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > What stage is "transfered into the port of exit"
GetBMWParts

03-31-2015, 10:30 AM   #1
bobbydigital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BWM 435GC

What stage is "transfered into the port of exit"

My 435 GC was on stage 152 (painting) when I called day before yesterday. Called the BMW 1-800 line today and it was stated as "transfered into the port of exit".

Looking up various blogs on production stages this doesn't exactly match any stated stage.

Can someone clarify what stage this is?

Also, I'm new to obsessively tracking bmw car production, so once it's awaiting shipment, how do I determine when it will be shipped to the U.S.? Are there set shipping intervals?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

anything from on a train leaving the factory to waiting at the port for a boat
      03-31-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
bobbydigital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1
anything from on a train leaving the factory to waiting at the port for a boat
Thanks! So basically everything is done on the car assembly then... That was damn quick since it was just in painting. The marvel of modern car assembly
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
abhibrandy1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Gran Coupe

Can take upto a week for the car to be on a ship and then a 3-4 week long wait for it to make it to the US. Mine was on a boat on Feb 19th..reached LA on March 17th and I took delivery here in SF on Mar 24th....Once you know whats ship it is on...track it on marinetraffic.com... The below website will give you an expected schedule for the ship..

http://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?url=...ppSchedules%2F
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2015, 04:56 PM   #5
bobbydigital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibrandy1
Can take upto a week for the car to be on a ship and then a 3-4 week long wait for it to make it to the US. Mine was on a boat on Feb 19th..reached LA on March 17th and I took delivery here in SF on Mar 24th....Once you know whats ship it is on...track it on marinetraffic.com... The below website will give you an expected schedule for the ship..

http://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?url=...ppSchedules%2F
How do I determine what ship it's on once it finally does make it on one? Is it indicated either on bmwusa.com or through the BMW 1-800?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 05:27 PM   #6
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydigital View Post
How do I determine what ship it's on once it finally does make it on one? Is it indicated either on bmwusa.com or through the BMW 1-800?
not easy, but you can get a schedule of shipping from the boats, i think its wilhenus or something, there is another boat company too tho. its possible but you need to do some searching..

I just ordered mine today, i will probably start looking into boats in 2weeks to see what boat i will probably be on. new boat picks up cars usually once or twice a week, but some boats dont go to all us ports.
      03-31-2015, 05:56 PM   #7
Craibat
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i X-Drive

Quote:
First, do you know where your car is being built-Germany or South Africa?. You can tell by the VIN. If you don't have the VIN, contact your advisor at your dealer and ask him what it is.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 06:00 PM   #8
abhibrandy1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Gran Coupe

For me my sales guy gave me the name of the ship and the VIN....once you have the VIN you can confirm if your car is actually on that ship or not...google it..I forgot the website.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 12:38 AM   #9
Northcar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e93

Here is where your car is now

Quote:
My 435 GC was on stage 152 (painting) when I called day before yesterday. Called the BMW 1-800 line today and it was stated as "transfered into the port of exit".

Looking up various blogs on production stages this doesn't exactly match any stated stage.

Can someone clarify what stage this is?

Also, I'm new to obsessively tracking bmw car production, so once it's awaiting shipment, how do I determine when it will be shipped to the U.S.? Are there set shipping intervals?

Assuming your car was manufactured at one of the BMW plants in Germany, "transferred into the port of exit" most likely means it is here at the Bremerhaven Port:

And if you are lucky you might actually get to see it drive over this bridge on the port's live webcam. (It is my understanding that the BMW staging area is on the other side of the train tracks as seen in the webcam and each car is individually driven over this bridge and onto the RoRo (Roll on Roll off) ship that will be transporting it to the United States. (Here is a screen shot from the webcam that I captured last week when the ship now transporting my BMW across the Atlantic was in port being loaded with my car) :

If you are interested in more details regarding the process here is a link that gives the account of my vehicle's progress to date and includes links to the live Bremerhaven Port Webcam:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=834585
Appreciate 1