F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > 2016 340i Coding Questions
proTUNING Freaks

10-19-2015, 07:56 PM   #1
TophrHwk
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport

2016 340i Coding Questions

First, I'd like to thank Shawn, TokenMaster, and PandaNL. You guys have helped make a complicated task possible and relatively easy provided you

A couple of questions come to mind following my earlier coding adventure:

1) If I wish to completely revert all coding changes, what is the easiest way to do that? I have multiple backups of my original FA, SVT, and CAFD files. I also saved a separate set every time I made another change. Since this was my first time coding, I was paranoid.

2) Has anyone else noticed the ENT_MIRACAST entry under HU_NBT2\3000 HMI folder? I changed it from nicht_aktiv to aktiv, but it does not appear to have done anything. I had a fleeting moment where I thought I might actually be able to mirror an Android device.

3) Map updates on the 2016 3-series are supposedly included and occur OTA. Just for grins, I tried exporting my FSC to try the NBT tool, but the Application Number and Upgrade Index do not appear valid as my HU type is the latest NBT2 not NBT. Has anyone else experimented with this?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 08:18 PM   #2
TophrHwk
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TophrHwk View Post
1) If I wish to completely revert all coding changes, what is the easiest way to do that? I have multiple backups of my original FA, SVT, and CAFD files. I also saved a separate set every time I made another change. Since this was my first time coding, I was paranoid.
Just found this in another thread: VO Code the ECU (Right-Click on ECU => Code)
Appreciate 0