F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > New to detailing,, any suggestions please?
Extreme Powerhouse

06-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #23
335i_4D
Now in the dark side !
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 911S 997.2 Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiry View Post
335i_4D, which product from manzerna did you use, is it the SF4000/4500?
Older products (in order from most cut to sealant):

- Power Gloss compound S34A
- Power Finnish PO203
- Polish PO85RD
- Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant
2010 X5 35d Black fully loaded (Sold)
2007 335i sedan Antracite (Sold and missed !)
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 06:35 PM   #24
drGK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335 xi

if you guys could expand on this topic a little more, i have done wash and wax by hand several times, and would like to take it up a notch.
i want to dedicate a day and bring the paint (black sapphire) to best possible to me condition.
Problems include: Brutal past winter, minor marks from the automated carwash and birdpoop stains.
Id like to borrow a machine from a friend to apply wax. wanted to do the clay bar with sealents and stuff, could anybody explain what comes after what and recommend some products. I read about chemical guys and checked out their website, just dont know what i really need. any advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #25
XenaBimmer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 328i, '14 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drGK View Post
if you guys could expand on this topic a little more, i have done wash and wax by hand several times, and would like to take it up a notch.
i want to dedicate a day and bring the paint (black sapphire) to best possible to me condition.
Problems include: Brutal past winter, minor marks from the automated carwash and birdpoop stains.
Id like to borrow a machine from a friend to apply wax. wanted to do the clay bar with sealents and stuff, could anybody explain what comes after what and recommend some products. I read about chemical guys and checked out their website, just dont know what i really need. any advice would be appreciated.
This chart lists the proper order of a full detail. Note the amount of compounding depends upon he condition of your paint
http://www.chemicalguys.com/v/vspfil...ngflowchat.jpg
      07-30-2014, 07:00 AM   #26
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

Quote:
i am looking to detail my F32 BS car, i have some paint imperfections from the dealer due to transportation, and parking at dealer's lot.
i have been reading through the internet for the last 10 days and came to very simple conclusion since there are plenty for products out there and its confusing ,, start by washing the car with Meguiar's ultimate wash, clay bar with whatever brand (meguiar's clay for example) ,, since paint is not that old so i believe the polish/compound isn't so necessary to be used,, now to the next step (wax),, for waxing i saw so many products and reviews, finally 2 products everyone agreed to be best,, P21S and Meguiar's Ultimate wax (liquid or paste),, (there are many good other wax, i just made it simple to compare 2 not 15 products)

any experience with these 2 products on BMW Black sapphire color?

Finally after wax i am thinking of a sealant for example CM V7 sealant after 12 hours of wax on car...

is all these steps correct? any suggestions?

thank you.
If you want to get rid of the imperfections you will need to compound and polish with an orbital polisher then seal/wax the paint.

You can do this yourself by picking up an orbital polisher or finding a good detailer in your area to properly correct the paint. Once this is done you can maintain from there.

Here is a kit we sell that should get the job done.

Griot's Orbital Polisher with Menzerna Compound, Polish, Sealant
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 05:03 PM   #27
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black 335i

Don't borrow a buddies polisher...get your own! Get a polisher, pads and some polish/sealant for yourself. Check out Phil's suggestion above. It is a great investment to make. Not only will you be really impressed with how good your car looks but it will be easier then you expect. The other key is if it is your own equipment you will use it more often! If you keep the paint in good shape it is easier to maintain. I do a 3 step polish/clay/sealant once a year then at the 6 month mark I look for swirls and do a light polish if required and reseal. My paint looks great. Trust me...it is money well spent.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 06:56 PM   #28
XenaBimmer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 328i, '14 320i

I'd suggest the Porter Cable DA polisher as its really the best bang for the buck. You can sometimes find them in Amazon for under $100
      07-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #29
blackf30n55
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Msport

It took me a while to get this down but I love the depth and pop on the jet black finish.

Pressure spray water only.

CG foam gun with honeydew.

Sonax wheel cleaner.

2 bucket method with meguirs gold class and 2 mitts.

Clay then polish with griots polisher and machine polish 3 then sonax paint cleaner. Top with sonax nps.

rim wax and sonax tire gel.

Stoner invisible glass and grab the shades cuz she smiles and shines!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 04:46 AM   #30
messiry
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 35, E60 530

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
If you want to get rid of the imperfections you will need to compound and polish with an orbital polisher then seal/wax the paint.

You can do this yourself by picking up an orbital polisher or finding a good detailer in your area to properly correct the paint. Once this is done you can maintain from there.

Here is a kit we sell that should get the job done.

Griot's Orbital Polisher with Menzerna Compound, Polish, Sealant
Thanks for the help,, i follow your forum and its impressing to see your work,,
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 09:27 AM   #31
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

Quote:
Thanks for the help,, i follow your forum and its impressing to see your work,,
let me know if I can assist you, there is a forum discount code for our site etc.

Phil
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #32
goalie39
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
The AmmoNYC YouTube channel has a lot of great info about detailing technique and less on which product. He's generally pretty good about not pushing his own products and just talking about the best way to do things. Larry seems to genuinely care about showing people the right way to do things.
Appreciate 0