F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Your worst experience with friends, acquaintances, or family members
Studio RSR

06-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #23
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Ha! What a loser! You got Duplo's! I would have totally made fun of you in school.
My mom said i wasn't ready for a Lego set.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 12:35 PM   #24
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
My mom said i wasn't ready for a Lego set.
That's probably a fair assumption. I enjoyed the taste of lego's over Duplo's at a very young age.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 01:25 PM   #25
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Ha! What a loser! You got Duplo's! I would have totally made fun of you in school.
I didn't know we were in school still
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 01:34 PM   #26
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I didn't know we were in school still
Key words: Would have.

TLDR: Billup failed elementary school
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #27
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANGRKE70 View Post
I can see his side of things and you look shady for hanging out with his ex. Looks like you want to slip in for sloppy seconds. Perception is everything.
Yeah, I totally get that and get how it looks from an outside point of view, and I've accepted the shit I get for it from people who don't know the whole story (trust me, I get a lot of shit from people assuming). First, let me just start off by saying that she really is my absolute best friend in the world. Her and I are actually planning on getting an apartment together pretty soon. I had actually lived with them last summer, from May to August, and moved out because I couldn't stand living with him anymore. Her and I had became exceptionally close in the year and a half or so before their break-up, especially so in the few months beforehand. I came over, and her and I hungout just about every weekend while he was at work (I had weekends off, he worked every weekend) and went hiking, out to eat, chilled and watched Netflix, etc. Then they had a pretty nasty break-up around the beginning of February this year, and she moved back to her hometown about an hour or so away. He just became more and more irritated that I wouldn't take his side on the whole ordeal. They had broken up because he found out that she had been cheating on him, but on the other hand, he had also cheated on her numerous times and treated her like garbage throughout the relationship (physically, emotionally, and mentally abusive, manipulative, etc.), all of which I witnessed personally. That, coupled with the fact that her and I still talk every day, and her and I make trips to visit each other for the whole weekend every 3-4 weeks or so, just made him suspicious (along with just about everybody else we know) that her and I had been fooling around before they broke up and still were, and he finally demanded that I choose between the two of them. I told him that I wasn't going to do that so he "chose for me". He and I had been growing more and more distant lately (before all of this) anyways, mostly due to the fact that he was such a toxic influence on my life, so I didn't really take it too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
But what happened to the girl "friend" that you plowed and then gave you the cold shoulder?
Oh, her and I are all good/chill and back to normal again, haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #28
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

^ that sounds like a very complicated relationship/situation to be in. Either one of you is interested in the other or both of you guys are and have not gone full steam ahead with it.

Yes, a guy and a girl can be really good friends but it is rare. It is weird to me that you guys make an effort to see and hang out with each other...
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 05:35 PM   #29
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

^I really want to make some presumptuous comment but this situation is undeniably screwy in many ways
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2015, 06:32 PM   #30
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr View Post
Yeah, I totally get that and get how it looks from an outside point of view, and I've accepted the shit I get for it from people who don't know the whole story (trust me, I get a lot of shit from people assuming). First, let me just start off by saying that she really is my absolute best friend in the world. Her and I are actually planning on getting an apartment together pretty soon. I had actually lived with them last summer, from May to August, and moved out because I couldn't stand living with him anymore. Her and I had became exceptionally close in the year and a half or so before their break-up, especially so in the few months beforehand. I came over, and her and I hungout just about every weekend while he was at work (I had weekends off, he worked every weekend) and went hiking, out to eat, chilled and watched Netflix, etc. Then they had a pretty nasty break-up around the beginning of February this year, and she moved back to her hometown about an hour or so away. He just became more and more irritated that I wouldn't take his side on the whole ordeal. They had broken up because he found out that she had been cheating on him, but on the other hand, he had also cheated on her numerous times and treated her like garbage throughout the relationship (physically, emotionally, and mentally abusive, manipulative, etc.), all of which I witnessed personally. That, coupled with the fact that her and I still talk every day, and her and I make trips to visit each other for the whole weekend every 3-4 weeks or so, just made him suspicious (along with just about everybody else we know) that her and I had been fooling around before they broke up and still were, and he finally demanded that I choose between the two of them. I told him that I wasn't going to do that so he "chose for me". He and I had been growing more and more distant lately (before all of this) anyways, mostly due to the fact that he was such a toxic influence on my life, so I didn't really take it too hard.

Appreciate 5
      06-09-2015, 08:07 AM   #31
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Quote:

Dude, what you wrote TOTALLY doesn't help your case. If anything you were the anti-friend. Totally snaked in on your best friend's girl...living together? Unless you're full on gay (nothing wrong with that) then you pulled a bitch move and stole your bf's gf and will be fucking her within a week of moving in together if it hasn't happened already. Sorry man, I definitely wouldn't have you around as a friend as you broke almost every guy code in the book.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #32
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
^I really want to make some presumptuous comment but this situation is undeniably screwy in many ways
Don't worry, I got you covered.
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #33
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude, what you wrote TOTALLY doesn't help your case. If anything you were the anti-friend. Totally snaked in on your best friend's girl...living together? Unless you're full on gay (nothing wrong with that) then you pulled a bitch move and stole your bf's gf and will be fucking her within a week of moving in together if it hasn't happened already. Sorry man, I definitely wouldn't have you around as a friend as you broke almost every guy code in the book.
I didn't "snake in" on his girl, and that definitely wasn't my intent. He also wasn't my best friend. I still hungout with both of them around, though it was usually after he got off of work on the weekends. The fact is that my friendship with him had been deteriorating for awhile. He's an extremely toxic person, and being around him was actually starting to have a negative impact on my life. There's a reason why several of our mutual friends have been pushing him out of their lives recently as well. But unlike him, I actually still enjoyed hanging out with her and being around her, and I saw no reason why that should change just because of something between them. I hungout with her just about every weekend, and when they broke up, I just treated them as completely separate friendships. There was and is no malintent there. I just genuinely enjoy spending time with her, and I really can honestly call her my best friend. She's not selfish, she's not manipulative, and she actually treats me the way a good friend should. We just click really well and never really get bored around each other, and that's why we're getting a place together, not because I "stole my bf's gf". And no, I'm not gay. But a lot of my closest friends are female, and I can keep it in my pants.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #34
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

LOL, One of my favorite scene.

Here is my story. Similar to OP, but more douche.

I wanna make it short.
-Gave him a job about 10yrs ago, he was late over 70% of time
-He wanted to get into a global name company, and I gave him a tip to get in to the company. He fucking stop contacting me afterward.
-This dousche wears shoe insole to make himself taller.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
      06-09-2015, 12:02 PM   #35
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I didn't "snake in" on his girl, and that definitely wasn't my intent. He also wasn't my best friend. I still hungout with both of them around, though it was usually after he got off of work on the weekends. The fact is that my friendship with him had been deteriorating for awhile. He's an extremely toxic person, and being around him was actually starting to have a negative impact on my life. There's a reason why several of our mutual friends have been pushing him out of their lives recently as well. But unlike him, I actually still enjoyed hanging out with her and being around her, and I saw no reason why that should change just because of something between them. I hungout with her just about every weekend, and when they broke up, I just treated them as completely separate friendships. There was and is no malintent there. I just genuinely enjoy spending time with her, and I really can honestly call her my best friend. She's not selfish, she's not manipulative, and she actually treats me the way a good friend should. We just click really well and never really get bored around each other, and that's why we're getting a place together, not because I "stole my bf's gf". And no, I'm not gay. But a lot of my closest friends are female, and I can keep it in my pants.
Perception is everything, and this looks really bad to pretty much everyone, despite what you might think.

So you're telling me if she comes up to one night in the place that you're living in and says "hey skewer me with your dong like a pig on a spit" you're going to say no?

Or if you're such "platonic" friends, you're not going to be jealous when she brings a guy home? Are you going to be ok with that?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 12:19 PM   #36
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
We have a very sticky situation here!

It's ok to have female friends but you two are too close. You're an adult. This isn't High school anymore.
In life you can do whatever you want and it's no ones business BUT in return you'll be sacrificing something else.

The world is not a Win-Win. This world we live in is a Win-Loose or Loose-Win.

So what the hell am i saying: Having very close female friend(s) is good. Have fun do whatever you like, it's your life BUT what you are sacrificing is respect. No Woman respects that shit! No Man respects that shit either! You'll probably have a tough time finding a date.
You're seen as a clown, a goof off, a nice guy, a dummy. You have no swag, wit or Power.

You can have female friends but not to an excessive amount.

I barely have any female friends. Whenever you see me with a Woman, she's either family member or a girl that i'm dating/messing/sleeping with.
I tell every Woman this when i first meet them.

Please prove me wrong if i miss judged you.
      06-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #37
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
LOL, One of my favorite scene.

Here is my story. Similar to OP, but more douche.

I wanna make it short.
-Gave him a job about 10yrs ago, he was late over 70% of time
-He wanted to get into a global name company, and I gave him a tip to get in to the company. He fucking stop contacting me afterward.
-This dousche wears shoe insole to make himself taller.....
Some people hate criticism, even when they ask for your advice. I found out first hand when a buddy of mine asked me for my opinion of him. He said to be honest. We didn't speak for over a year after that. Lol
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #38
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Perception is everything, and this looks really bad to pretty much everyone, despite what you might think.

So you're telling me if she comes up to one night in the place that you're living in and says "hey skewer me with your dong like a pig on a spit" you're going to say no?

Or if you're such "platonic" friends, you're not going to be jealous when she brings a guy home? Are you going to be ok with that?
This and what WHOSTHEBOSS said. It's a very weird situation...

Flip the table for a second. My last gf has a lot of "close friends." In her mind they are just friends and she treats them as such. But being a guy, I know what other guys think. I knew that the only reason nothing happened was because she only treats them as friends. But if she was to go up to them and wanna hit the sack I am certain they would be in. There is such a thing as being too close with the opposite sex. Not saying it can't ever happen; just that it is extremely rare and usually one person ends up falling for the other.
Appreciate 2
      06-09-2015, 12:33 PM   #39
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

When my wife packs the backpack for a "short hike".
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 01:04 PM   #40
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
And no, I'm not gay. But a lot of my closest friends are female, and I can keep it in my pants.
Technically, not true - if you were a female that would make you lesbian.
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 01:09 PM   #41
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
We have a very sticky situation here!

It's ok to have female friends but you two are too close. You're an adult. This isn't High school anymore.
In life you can do whatever you want and it's no ones business BUT in return you'll be sacrificing something else.

The world is not a Win-Win. This world we live in is a Win-Loose or Loose-Win.

So what the hell am i saying: Having very close female friend(s) is good. Have fun do whatever you like, it's your life BUT what you are sacrificing is respect. No Woman respects that shit! No Man respects that shit either! You'll probably have a tough time finding a date.
You're seen as a clown, a goof off, a nice guy, a dummy. You have no swag, wit or Power.

You can have female friends but not to an excessive amount.

I barely have any female friends. Whenever you see me with a Woman, she's either family member or a girl that i'm dating/messing/sleeping with.
I tell every Woman this when i first meet them.

Please prove me wrong if i miss judged you.

I understand where you're coming from, and I'm well aware that world is never really a win-win, which is why I almost always carefully weigh my decisions before making them. However, I thoroughly do not believe that I am sacrificing any amount of respect in any way, shape, or form, by having such a close female friend. I've always had a good mix of close male and female friends, the slight majority of which being female (some of whom I've ended up hooking up with, one example of which was discussed in another thread not too long ago), but it has never affected my chances of dating/hooking up with other girls. I can thoroughly enjoy the company of a girl in a completely platonic manner, just the same as I can enjoy the company of a girl in a completely intimate manner if I'm interested in her like that. If I just wanted to hook up with or date my best friend, I would've played it completely differently. But that's not what I was after, and those weren't my intentions. Don't get me wrong, I am a nice guy, but I'm not a pushover, and I'm a confident bastard. I still have my fair share of hook-ups and have never had a problem finding a date, but I still have plenty of close female friends. Sometimes those end up interlapping, but in this case her and I are just friends.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 01:38 PM   #42
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I can thoroughly enjoy the company of a girl in a completely platonic manner
Lying to self, even if unconsciously
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #43
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Lying to self, even if unconsciously
in addition to.. he didn't say only platonically..

hey, I don't mind lying naked with attractive girls in the same bed and not doing anything.. just not sure how long I could stay still for
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #44
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

I'm still stuck on the win-loose deal. I prefer the tight-win.
Appreciate 0