F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > How often...
ARMA SPEED

11-20-2012, 04:59 AM   #23
UK_
Captain
Rep
Drives: 911

[QUOTE=johnbmw6;13024614]Waste of money IMO.[/

Did you try it before your ordered it?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #24
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

[QUOTE=Rb79;13024773]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Waste of money IMO.[/

Did you try it before your ordered it?
I first had it on the M6 no cost, so no did not try it just turned it on.....................then off.
      11-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #25
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

I think this feature was invented because of the number of BMW drivers who clearly don't know where the indicators are Make the steering wheel vibrate every time they "forget" to use them and maybe they'll learn
      11-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #26
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Rang BMW on 0800325600 (freephone). Gave them both my order numbers. Came up as a 120d and a 2008 330d! They are contacting the dealer to clarify.
      11-20-2012, 05:30 AM   #27
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Rang BMW on 0800325600 (freephone). Gave them both my order numbers. Came up as a 120d and a 2008 330d! They are contacting the dealer to clarify.
I just phoned them on that number as well, but my order number did come up with my car.

The car was ordered by the dealership on 14th Nov, and the final spec was added to the car yesterday. I apparently have a build week of week 49 (w/c 3rd Dec) and "delivery week" of week 52. I wonder if that week 52 is when it will arrive in the UK, at the dealer, or actually when I'll be able to collect it?
      11-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #28
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
I think this feature was invented because of the number of BMW drivers who clearly don't know where the indicators are Make the steering wheel vibrate every time they "forget" to use them and maybe they'll learn
Indicators!!!!!!!!! What are they?>
      11-20-2012, 06:01 AM   #29
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
I just phoned them on that number as well, but my order number did come up with my car.

The car was ordered by the dealership on 14th Nov, and the final spec was added to the car yesterday. I apparently have a build week of week 49 (w/c 3rd Dec) and "delivery week" of week 52. I wonder if that week 52 is when it will arrive in the UK, at the dealer, or actually when I'll be able to collect it?
Why do dealers provide 'incorrect' order numbers that don't tally with those at BMW? If they provided the correct order numbers, then we'd call BMW UK and not bother them. It's a win-win situation for everyone.

I wonder when the lady from BMW will call me.
      11-20-2012, 06:02 AM   #30
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Why do dealers provide 'incorrect' order numbers that don't tally with those at BMW? If they provided the correct order numbers, then we'd call BMW UK and not bother them. It's a win-win situation for everyone.

It is strange that the order numbers don't match up, hopefully the lady will phone back and clarify; in my experience BMW CS themselves are usually pretty good and helpful!
      11-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #31
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

One thing I've noticed in your spec is that you have the Hexagon trim. I think I read in some other threads that the Hexagon trim in both the F30 and F20 has been causing some delays over the past few weeks, and some have changed their orders to Brushed Alu to try and avoid any delays because of the trim. If you're not too fussed about the Hexagon (personally I prefer the brushed alu), perhaps it might be an idea to see if you can change?
      11-20-2012, 06:10 AM   #32
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It is strange that the order numbers don't match up, hopefully the lady will phone back and clarify; in my experience BMW CS themselves are usually pretty good and helpful!
Have you asked her for a return call? My cars are BW44 and BW48. The former should/could be in this country by now. However, judging by MaestroAl's BW43 car, which will arrive at the dealership this coming Friday, I am not very optimistic.

Quote:
One thing I've noticed in your spec is that you have the Hexagon trim. I think I read in some other threads that the Hexagon trim in both the F30 and F20 has been causing some delays over the past few weeks, and some have changed their orders to Brushed Alu to try and avoid any delays because of the trim. If you're not too fussed about the Hexagon (personally I prefer the brushed alu), perhaps it might be an idea to see if you can change?
Thanks. I'll check on this once I find out about the car's status. I prefer the hexagon trim but if it means huge delays, then I might have no choice but change.
      11-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #33
UK_
Captain
Rep

Quote:

I had this issue and only found out from phoning BMW CS. My dealer ordered two cars in my name, one my spec and one for showroom but used my name to try and get showroom one quicker (factory apparently prioritises customer cars). He gave me build week info for car one W45 but order number for car 2 (W51). When the order number threw up W51 I queried it with him. He said he didn't
think I would check and explained what had happened. I wasn't too
bothered but since then I have always stayed one step ahead.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #34
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Have you asked her for a return call? My cars are BW44 and BW48. The former should/could be in this country by now. However, judging by MaestroAl's BW43 car, which will arrive at the dealership this coming Friday, I am not very optimistic.
My order numbers did match up, I was meaning that I hope she phones you back to clarify :-) Probably down to the dealer, sadly many are a bit rubbish (to say the least)! Nice that we have a direct line to BMW though, cuts out all the potential BS!

At least your BW48 should have the new Nav. My feeling and understanding is that many of the long delays that people are experiencing are for e.g. 330d and/or M Sports which haven't been out/available for very long at all; so I'm hoping that, with the cars ordered more recently, that with the car being out for a bit longer, the supply limitations won't be as bad.

Out of interest, when did you order your car?
      11-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #35
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My order numbers did match up, I was meaning that I hope she phones you back to clarify :-) Probably down to the dealer, sadly many are a bit rubbish (to say the least)! Nice that we have a direct line to BMW though, cuts out all the potential BS!

At least your BW48 should have the new Nav. My feeling and understanding is that many of the long delays that people are experiencing are for e.g. 330d and/or M Sports which haven't been out/available for very long at all; so I'm hoping that, with the cars ordered more recently, that with the car being out for a bit longer, the supply limitations won't be as bad.

Out of interest, when did you order your car?
Finally ordered 28th August and 3rd September with M Sport Adaptive Suspension. A week earlier with Standard Suspension.
      11-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #36
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Well I'm glad I phoned them today, and just out of interest decided to check the final spec - which was wrong! They'd missed off HK, Internet, Grey Shade Band and some more things, and the guy said it's now getting very close to not being able to change the spec. Phoned the dealer straight away, he said they'd had some problems with their internal system so they had to do the spec amend (last week) via email; and it doesn't look like it's been received/amended at BMW. Just waiting to hear now whether we can change the spec!
      11-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #37
UK_
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Well I'm glad I phoned them today, and just out of interest decided to check the final spec - which was wrong! They'd missed off HK, Internet, Grey Shade Band and some more things, and the guy said it's now getting very close to not being able to change the spec. Phoned the dealer straight away, he said they'd had some problems with their internal system so they had to do the spec amend (last week) via email; and it doesn't look like it's been received/amended at BMW. Just waiting to hear now whether we can change the spec!
Wow, good job you for check Mark. Your dealer needs a kick up the arse!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #38
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -

Quote:
What a nightmare, imagine picking your car up on the day.. to find its not what you've ordered!! I would think compensation would be in order.

I have just double checked with BMW CS and they have re-confirmed my F30 spec and have said it is scheduled to be with the dealer in week 49, which is better then I expected as I thought the car would arrive in the UK week 49!!

However the code they gave me was 5290, a confirmation from Munich the order was brought forward. I also have the HEX trim with the Estirol Blue ..

Looks promising ..still wont be holding my breath just yet...

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108

Last edited by F30FAN; 11-20-2012 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #39
matx1982
M Performance
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 + F90 M5 + G80 M3

Garage List
2021 X5  [0.00]
2021 M5 Competition  [9.17]
2022 M4 CSL  [10.00]
2022 M3 Xdrive Comp ...  [10.00]
Well rang them as well... confused mind you!

I think he was saying mine is due at the dealers 3rd December ... was originally due 12th Nov.

It was 8200 released to carrier last Wednesday.

Mat

Instagram - @matfireworks
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #40
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30FAN View Post
What a nightmare, imagine picking your car up on the day.. to find its not what you've ordered!! I would think compensation would be in order.

I have just double checked with BMW CS and they have re-confirmed my F30 spec and have said it is scheduled to be with the dealer in week 49, which is better then I expected as I thought the car would arrive in the UK week 49!!

However the code they gave me was 5290, a confirmation from Munich the order was brought forward. I also have the HEX trim with the Estirol Blue ..

Looks promising ..still wont be holding my breath just yet...
Definitely, and I would have been reluctant for them tearing out the interior to retrofit the HK system as well, so I'm glad I checked!

Good news on your update; week 49 is only a week on Monday, so the car should have been finished by now (takes about 2 weeks to reach the UK I think), so fingers crossed there won't be any delays with the shipping. I think the "delivery" dates and "delivery weeks" BMW CS quotes are when it actually arrives at the dealer. Definitely does look promising considering your car will likely have already been built so no potential production delays. Chap on the phone at BMW CS says when it arrives in the UK it stays in storage for up to a week while it's registered etc. and they sort out all the deliveries, then it goes on up to the dealers; so going on that your car may be already on its way and landing in the UK next week!
      11-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #41
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

All fine!

BMW Customer Service were brilliant.
Dealer called me.
BW44 car will be with them Friday.
BW48 car will be with them Dec 10.
Spec on both as it should be.

I am happy!
      11-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #42
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
All fine!

BMW Customer Service were brilliant.
Dealer called me.
BW44 car will be with them Friday.
BW48 car will be with them Dec 10.
Spec on both as it should be.

I am happy!
Great news! As mine has a build week already, and the 2-3 weeks from build to dealer seems to be consistent, I should hopefully have mine by year end as well
      11-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #43
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Great news! As mine has a build week already, and the 2-3 weeks from build to dealer seems to be consistent, I should hopefully have mine by year end as well
We are good to go!!
      11-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #44
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -

Quote:
Definitely, and I would have been reluctant for them tearing out the interior to retrofit the HK system as well, so I'm glad I checked!

Good news on your update; week 49 is only a week on Monday, so the car should have been finished by now (takes about 2 weeks to reach the UK I think), so fingers crossed there won't be any delays with the shipping. I think the "delivery" dates and "delivery weeks" BMW CS quotes are when it actually arrives at the dealer. Definitely does look promising considering your car will likely have already been built so no potential production delays. Chap on the phone at BMW CS says when it arrives in the UK it stays in storage for up to a week while it's registered etc. and they sort out all the deliveries, then it goes on up to the dealers; so going on that your car may be already on its way and landing in the UK next week!
Cheers dude, fingers crossed...

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
Appreciate 0