F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > JB4 G5 ISO attracts Deer?
Studio RSR

01-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive

JB4 G5 ISO attracts Deer?

Ive had the G5 sitting on my desk at work for a week. I decided Wednesday night its time to install it. Break out the tools, laptop so I can load the firmware, and out to the shop I go. Install couldnt go smoother, the car comes apart in minutes as Ive done the JB4 in the past so now its just going through the motions. The firmware installs perfectly and I expected this to be an issue. I setup the car on map5, gauge hijacks, flash when ready the whole nine yards.

On my way home a trip Ive made roughly 1800 times in the past 6 years, 44 miles a day on the same road without any mishap. I was donig 70mph with cruise on this night as the FOG was thick and theres a decent amount of construction work going on so a rogue cone or something needs a bit more attention than usual. Within a flash, a deer who couldnt have been more than 150 lbs comes out of the median from behind some equipment and takes a header to the passenger side front bumper and before I realize what happend its already over. The car kept driving straight, the tire light came on, then the engine light, then all the fluid warnings. Ahh so 10 minutes into have the ISO upgrade which I was looking forward to using the next morning on the way back to work Bambi decided no fun for me.

Im not sure why Terry would have these things attract deer, kinda seems counter productive? I will miss my baby for the next few weeks.

The good news it went under the car instead of over. Theres damage to all the cooling systems, fog lamp is gone, lots of wiring obviously. The headlight and hood are untouched. The bumper, fender, and wheel took all the damage. I cant wait to have it back.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #2
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

I'm sorry to hear that man! Bamby may have heard the sirens of your twins spooling up and thought to sneak a peak down there... *Terry should put that warning in the fine print...

Looks like your in the market now for a nice M3 bumper and an upgraded oil cooler and intercooler...
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slops View Post
I'm sorry to hear that man! Bamby may have heard the sirens of your twins spooling up and thought to sneak a peak down there... *Terry should put that warning in the fine print...

Looks like your in the market now for a nice M3 bumper and an upgraded oil cooler and intercooler...
Im sure the insurance will do all factory parts which Im fine with. I have the sport oil cooler and Ive run my car hard a few times and never seen temps peak.

The turbos werent under any stress, I was running 70mph cruise on. I was driving home under the fog so no need to get hurt, and see what happens when Im careful. I was looking forward to the next morning.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #4
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

act of god act of god...tell the insurance company only a 1M will make you happy
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
act of god act of god...tell the insurance company only a 1M will make you happy
Ha! No Im not that guy. One of they guys I work with was hit a few days ago on the expressway. To give you an idea it did no damage to anything but the front fender, the wheel bumper hood all of it clean, heck even the mirror. Hes claiming anything he can. Im not interested in raising the rates of Florida even more becuase I got in natures way.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Looks like we need to put a ban on jb4s.

Assault tunes are not acceptable.

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I hate deer
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0