F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 2012 328i Speaker Static?
proTUNING Freaks

10-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Abspara
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

2012 328i Speaker Static?

Last month I purchased my first BMW, and so far it's been a wonderful experience up until last week. Out of the clear blue I started to hear static type noise which appears to be coming out of the passenger tweeter. The static isn't always there, but it seems that once my car goes over bumpy roads or gets up to 60+ MPH on the freeway, it rears it's ugly head. It seems to be only coming from one speaker and is present whether when the volume is turned down or sound system is off.

The car has the standard HiFI 9 speaker system. If anyone has any thoughts of what else it could be or how I can go about fixing / addressing it with the dealership that would be great. I've got an appointment coming up with the dealer and I've emailed them a longer version of the video as well. Thanks much.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
dc_bmw
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Interesting. I heard kind of the same a few days ago, although not continuous as in the video.
It was during bluetooth playback and noticed it after i picked up my iphone 3gs from the cupholder cover.
Could not reproduce since.
I have the hifi too.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
Abspara
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Well I have a bit of an update. Dealer called today to tell me that after they did an extended road test they felt it was the A pillar causing the noise, so they removed the pillar and then noticed a rivet was loose on the car. So tomorrow they're going to weld the rivet to see if that fixes the noise. Well see...
Appreciate 0