F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F36 Glass Housing Headlights
ARMA SPEED

07-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
OchoChino
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21' M8 Competition Gran Coupe

F36 Glass Housing Headlights

Someone scratched up my left headlights and now the glass is scratched up.

I was just wondering if they sold just the glass housing part of the headlights for the F36?

I wouldn't want to replace the whole headlight because of the scratches on my headlights.

Thank you in advance,
Jay.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 06:46 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

They should polish out, using the same kit as used to clean up yellowed lenses.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 07:12 PM   #3
Sanelko
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Jet Black 328i

I bought a (supposedly OEM) headlight lens cover off eBay as well as a special adhesive to go with it. Drivers side headlight cover was cracked from an accident so going to try and replace it. Will see how it is once it arrives...

Be careful sanding and polishing your current headlight. The polycarbonate has UV film over it to prevent it from yellowing - sanding and/or polishing is a sure way to remove this film and cause those sections to haze out in the sun very quickly.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 08:44 PM   #4
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanelko View Post
I bought a (supposedly OEM) headlight lens cover off eBay as well as a special adhesive to go with it. Drivers side headlight cover was cracked from an accident so going to try and replace it. Will see how it is once it arrives...

Be careful sanding and polishing your current headlight. The polycarbonate has UV film over it to prevent it from yellowing - sanding and/or polishing is a sure way to remove this film and cause those sections to haze out in the sun very quickly.
If you polish the headlights it's best to cover them with clear laminx or a sealant protectant.
      07-18-2017, 07:55 AM   #5
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
If you polish the headlights it's best to cover them with clear laminx or a sealant protectant.
I've never had the need to polish them but I still coat mine with the same sealant as I do the rest of the car, Menzerna PL.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 09:40 AM   #6
OchoChino
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21' M8 Competition Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanelko View Post

Please keep me informed!

I had this car brought over from California and I've should've known the consequences of not being able to have nice cars in NYC..

Now, the far left sensor of the front bumper is in a little bit as well, how could I push that back out? I don't know if that's the reason why but my PDC sound is delayed now (i.e. the red danger warning in the rear is playing the sound of a yellow danger warning sound and the front bumper sensors are really slow and won't make a sound until I'm yellow/red danger close) and this did not occur before someone had scraped my car. My left driver side reflector is also loose, and I can push it in which I'm going to remove the four safety screws to secure it back into place, but what would I do with the PDC? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0