F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > TPMS E90 to F30
Extreme Powerhouse

10-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
sknobs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 SO/Extended Black 200

TPMS E90 to F30

So, I have an E90 LCI now and will be placing an order for an F30 for sping delivery. I want to get some M5 replica wheels/tires for the E90, and transfer them to the F30 when delivered. I know that the TPMS sensors are different but don't want to have to redo the sensors when I take delivery of the F30.

Can I just order the wheels/tires with the F30 TPSM sensors and install them to my E90? What are the consequences? They will be on the E90 for 6 months tops, maybe not even that long as I will swap the all-seasons back on when the snow flies.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Yes you can do that but I assume you are ordering the correct offset and tire size that will fit both cars? Something kind of neutral to them both? As for TPMS, if you put the F30 TPMS in the E90, then the only issue you should have is that you will get the TPMS warning light on the E90 since not compatible.

Not sure how many wheel/tire sets you have done on cars before but any time you are working with a new model, like this F30, there is trial and error. Just be careful, read what is definitely working on the F30 and then make sure you wont be tearing them up on the E90 if they were to rub by chance. Truthfully, you would be better off waiting until the F30 comes in. Already a bunch of guys are buying 18s, 19s and 20s so in 6 months, you benefit from seeing what has worked and not and what looks good and doesnt based on your likes. What you buy today may be just a quick buy out of being antsy and then when the F30 comes in, wishing you would have waited. Oh how many times I have made that mistake. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
sknobs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 SO/Extended Black 200

Very true. I did research the offsets and have found that the 35f on 8.5s and 38r on 9.5s should work on both cars. I have also seen some members that are running the same setup on their F30s with no issues. I know it is a waste because the snow can come any day now and the rims will be put away for the winter anyway.......so I may only get a month or two of real time on the new wheels

Maybe I will just upgrade the AEs and do some light coding to get my by while I wait. Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0