F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > The F32 Wish List
proTUNING Freaks

12-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMC Pro Machine  [10.00]
The F32 Wish List

Yeah, I know... the car hasn't even been moved into production, but what better time than before it goes on sale to tell BMW what we enthusiasts want? Here's my personal wish list for the F32.

Colors - Please, please, PLEASE give this car some interesting exterior colors. The highways are drowning in a tsunami of white, black, silver, and grey. I'm talking about mile-deep blues, jewel-toned metallic reds, bronze-y oranges, and let's just hurry up and bring back Techno Violet, shall we? As to the interior, the F30's palette is good as long as we can mix and match. Just so you know... if I can't get Saddle Brown or a similar hue with sport seats, I plan to send the "Occupy" people to BMW Welt. You don't want that.

Customization - Good job getting BMW Individual involved in the concept. Things like the suede headliner, contrasting seat piping, and natural-grain wood are totally awesome and add welcome touches of luxury and exclusivity. We yanks sure would appreciate the opportunity to have some of those Individual bits available when the car goes into production. You want to move the 4-series upmarket? We want a car that reflects our individual tastes, and we're willing to pay for it.

Driving Dynamics - I anticipate that you'll carry over the N20 and N55 to keep development costs and regulatory certification in check. But how about doing what you've done with past 3-series coupe iterations and making the sport suspension standard? Additionally, given the anticipated price differential to the F30, making the M-Sport brakes and M-Performance exhaust standard would be a great way to further distinguish the coupe from the sedan and provide a compelling reason for enthusiasts to pick the 2-door.

Lines - Whilst I think most of us would prefer a world without lines, if you're gonna do it then take a page from Audi's playbook (you seem fond of that lately). Provide lines with an increasing amount of equipment, rather than arbitrary trim bits. Also note that Audi's Sport and S-Line packages are PACKAGES, not lines.

Oh yeah... make M-sport available from the start of production. We don't want to wait 6 months. K, thx bye!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMM_OMG View Post
Yeah, I know... the car hasn't even been moved into production, but what better time than before it goes on sale to tell BMW what we enthusiasts want? Here's my personal wish list for the F32.

Colors - Please, please, PLEASE give this car some interesting exterior colors. The highways are drowning in a tsunami of white, black, silver, and grey. I'm talking about mile-deep blues, jewel-toned metallic reds, bronze-y oranges, and let's just hurry up and bring back Techno Violet, shall we? As to the interior, the F30's palette is good as long as we can mix and match. Just so you know... if I can't get Saddle Brown or a similar hue with sport seats, I plan to send the "Occupy" people to BMW Welt. You don't want that.

Customization - Good job getting BMW Individual involved in the concept. Things like the suede headliner, contrasting seat piping, and natural-grain wood are totally awesome and add welcome touches of luxury and exclusivity. We yanks sure would appreciate the opportunity to have some of those Individual bits available when the car goes into production. You want to move the 4-series upmarket? We want a car that reflects our individual tastes, and we're willing to pay for it.

Driving Dynamics - I anticipate that you'll carry over the N20 and N55 to keep development costs and regulatory certification in check. But how about doing what you've done with past 3-series coupe iterations and making the sport suspension standard? Additionally, given the anticipated price differential to the F30, making the M-Sport brakes and M-Performance exhaust standard would be a great way to further distinguish the coupe from the sedan and provide a compelling reason for enthusiasts to pick the 2-door.

Lines - Whilst I think most of us would prefer a world without lines, if you're gonna do it then take a page from Audi's playbook (you seem fond of that lately). Provide lines with an increasing amount of equipment, rather than arbitrary trim bits. Also note that Audi's Sport and S-Line packages are PACKAGES, not lines.

Oh yeah... make M-sport available from the start of production. We don't want to wait 6 months. K, thx bye!
YESSSS this part ^^^
      12-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
BMWFanatic2008
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 6MT

Quote:
IMO, "Individual" doesn't make sense on lower end models, such as 3/4-er. Who wants a 3/4-series for 60k+?
      12-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
aceking4u
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi & BMW

Quote:
+1

+LED Headlights + LED DRL
+Carbon Fiber Trim (reserved for only the 435i model, exclusivity)
+Please give customers bigger incentive to purchase a Technology Package because theres a lot of shit we dont need. Everytime I build a BMW, i rather just add Nav only.
+If LED Headlights are not available, please make Xenons standard on all cars (even if this drives the car prices up). A coupe should not be seen with freakin Halogen lights. God that looks so ugly.
+Folding Mirrors when locked
+As mentioned, M line releasing the same time.

...will edit as I think of more.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
Monkeycmonkeydo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFanatic2008 View Post
IMO, "Individual" doesn't make sense on lower end models, such as 3/4-er. Who wants a 3/4-series for 60k+?
Those of us that think the 5 and 7 feel too damn big but still want the luxury attached to it.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
Antares
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: dark-blue coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeycmonkeydo View Post
Those of us that think the 5 and 7 feel too damn big but still want the luxury attached to it.

what about a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceking4u View Post
+1

+LED Headlights + LED DRL
+Carbon Fiber Trim (reserved for only the 435i model, exclusivity)
+Please give customers bigger incentive to purchase a Technology Package because theres a lot of shit we dont need. Everytime I build a BMW, i rather just add Nav only.
+If LED Headlights are not available, please make Xenons standard on all cars (even if this drives the car prices up). A coupe should not be seen with freakin Halogen lights. God that looks so ugly.
+Folding Mirrors when locked
+As mentioned, M line releasing the same time.

...will edit as I think of more.
I am pretty confident that LED DRL + Xenons will be standard, and the full adaptive LED headlights will be optional.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
aceking4u
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi & BMW

Sam: Since the 435 will be compared to the S5...I would really love the carbon fiber add on option =p

I miss the carbon interior from my S5.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeycmonkeydo View Post

This. Exactly this.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #10
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceking4u View Post
Sam: Since the 435 will be compared to the S5...I would really love the carbon fiber add on option =p

I miss the carbon interior from my S5.
They may save carbon for the M4, or let you order a version of it via M Performance Accessories catalog like they do now for the F30.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
G3333
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M

Quote:

nicely said
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #12
fndrsn
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Nothing...yet!

Totally agree with the colors, I really wanna see BMW start offering green on more of their models. I saw the post of the Oxfordgrün (I believe it was something like this) Individual M6 and it was the best one I've ever seen yet, I think this car is good looking enough to pull it off too.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #13
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Colors - Please, please, PLEASE give this car some interesting exterior colors. The highways are drowning in a tsunami of white, black, silver, and grey. I'm talking about mile-deep blues, jewel-toned metallic reds, bronze-y oranges, and let's just hurry up and bring back Techno Violet, shall we?
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!! It amazes me the total lack of colors on the roads and at the dealers lot! I went to the LA Auto show Monday night and save for one Yellow Cayman, EVERY Porsche on display was silver or grey! So boring!

Bring back Techno Violet!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #14
CE750Jockey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M240 'vert 6MT

Good post, ZMM_OMG. I like it. But, "whilst"? Who says "whilst" in America?!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #15
ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fndrsn View Post
Totally agree with the colors, I really wanna see BMW start offering green on more of their models. I saw the post of the Oxfordgrün (I believe it was something like this) Individual M6 and it was the best one I've ever seen yet, I think this car is good looking enough to pull it off too.
+1. I miss green cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
Bring back Techno Violet!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take a peek at this Techno Violet e92 M3. Interior aside, it's a stunner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CE750Jockey View Post
Good post, ZMM_OMG. I like it. But, "whilst"? Who says "whilst" in America?!
Thanks (I mean "Cheers")! I prepare a lot of correspondence for Europe. I hardly even notice it anymore.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #16
Monkeycmonkeydo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares

what about a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta?
If you can find me it for 60k I will take it. Think a car seat would be easy to put in the back?
Appreciate 0