F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Cabin Air Filter Reminder?
ARMA SPEED

04-01-2018, 12:39 AM   #1
BMWinAZ
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i, ‘08 328i, ‘03 316ti

Garage List
Cabin Air Filter Reminder?

Does the 2013 335i have a reminder for Cabin Air Filter replacement? I scrolled thru the service reminders in reset mode and did not find one for the cabin air filter.

By the way, mine had been replaced last by the dealer about 20k miles ago with the arrow indicating flow direction in the WRONG orientation! Thanks to the Bentley manual I put the new one in the right way.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 02:33 AM   #2
tjlees
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 Chav Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWinAZ View Post
Does the 2013 335i have a reminder for Cabin Air Filter replacement? I scrolled thru the service reminders in reset mode and did not find one for the cabin air filter.

By the way, mine had been replaced last by the dealer about 20k miles ago with the arrow indicating flow direction in the WRONG orientation! Thanks to the Bentley manual I put the new one in the right way.
Nope there is no separate service reminder - normally part of the oil change, but in the uk outside the service pack, it’s an optional extra. Mine, as recommended by BMW, is changed every service, which is fine for me since I suffer from hay fever.

If you open up the service in Idrive, it will indicate if it’s been changed - iirc it’s called a microfilter.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 02:56 AM   #3
BMWinAZ
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i, ‘08 328i, ‘03 316ti

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlees View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWinAZ View Post

Nope there is no separate service reminder - normally part of the oil change, but in the uk outside the service pack, it's an optional extra. Mine, as recommended by BMW, is changed every service, which is fine for me since I suffer from hay fever.

If you open up the service in Idrive, it will indicate if it's been changed - iirc it's called a microfilter.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0