F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > How to keep using expired E-Sys Launcher Premium by reverting system date (hack)
GetBMWParts

02-06-2018, 09:56 AM   #199
HZX540e
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post
A lot of us were surprised to find that E-Sys Launcher Premium stopped working after 30 December 2017 because the E-sys .est token it creates is not valid after that date. Reverting the system time results in an error 'Date manipulation detected' and using older versions results in endless loops where the Launcher keeps asking for a pin.

Until now.....

I wrote a script that rearms/resets the Launcher and predates several important Windows system folders, so that the system time CAN be reverted. This also unlocks the possibility to switch car models whenever you like, so no need to wait for 3 days anymore. Simply extract the package to a folder on your Desktop and run the batch-file as Admin (elevated). The package can be found here:

https://mega.nz/#F!DRFxVTRS!ufLV3tJ5c5JfCpftR4H5nw

Tested on Launcher 2.7.1, 2.6.2 and 2.5.3. Older versions might also work. No need for Virtual Machines anymore! (In fact when installed on a virtual machine, V2.7.1 needs an activationcode, which Tokenmaster no longer supplies).

Tokenmaster is probably going to hate me for this, but I think this action is justified by the fact that there are a lot of honest coding enthusiasts like myself that were victomized by his obsession about some people abusing his Launcher and his sudden decision to end it all. Leaving the coding community with nothing, not even a working last version of the Launcher, wasn't a very nice thing to do. The way he handled that, in my opinion, doesn't do justice to the hard work the same community put in with feedback and new cheat codes for Tokenmaster to improve the Launcher. The latest Pro version of the Launcher still contains these cheat codes, which is fine by me. I'm just saying that the success of Tokenmaster's Launcher AND of the community works both ways. The free Premium Launcher offered a very low threshold for people to become interested in coding, learning new stuff, and contributing new ideas and cheat sheets and I think it's a real shame that that has now been lost. Without the Launcher the community wouldn't have been as great, but without the community I don't think the Launcher would have been as great either.

Happy coding everyone! Please donate to a charity if you like the software!

--------
Tony Twoclicks

UPDATE 21/01/2018:
Version 1.5.4 is out! Fixed bug for 32-bit OS support. Changed self-test to no longer be dependent on RearmLauncher.cfg Modified date. Possible fix for 'Syntax error' some users were getting.

UPDATE 22/01/2018:
Version 1.5.5 is out! Added RSA-key deletion again as it turned out to be a necessary step.

UPDATE 26-01-2018:
Tokenmaster released E-sys Launcher Premium 2.8.0 with extended token validity. No need for this script anymore!
Thanks for your feedback in this thread and thank Tokenmaster for his update!

UPDATE 29/01/2018:
Version 1.5.6 is out! I've discovered that the Launcher keeps track of the selected chassis in temporary .dat files. These .dat files are now deleted by the script.

Worked like a charm, thank you. I am also miffed that the tokens stopped working. I love charities and I donate generously, but it is none of the TM’s business nor should I proof to him/her that I do.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 10:07 AM   #200
speedometer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Cool! So here is a weird occurrence:

I went to my computer after a week last night and opened esys launcher on the old account without changing the date (it was on Dec 22nd 2017, a week or so has passed) and everything worked just fine. No error. Nothing. Likely I had messed with something last week but couldn't remember.

But I needed the error to reappear, so I changed the date to current and ran Esys Launcher (EL). Got the token loop. Changed the date back, ran EL. Got date manipulation error. Closed EL and ran your script. Then ran EL again and this time I got the error (It is crucial to get the date manipulation error, otherwise the error may not appear, I think it logs it or something).

I started experimenting:

1. I looked at the new account to see which folders/files related to EL are present that are the same as my old account.
2. C:\Users\<my account>\AppData\LocalLow and C:\Users\<my account>\AppData\Roaming had nothing.
3. So I focused on C:\Users\<my account>\AppData\Local
4. I changed the date and ran EL to see which folder/files get modified.
5. In C:\Users\<my account>\AppData\Local\, three items get modified.
-->A file named GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT.
-->TokenMaster folder, which your script removes.
-->Temp folder.
6. GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT and TokenMaster folder were useless as removing them did nothing.
7. Temp folder is interesting. EL creates a few files/folders there:
-->Cache folder
-->hsperfdata_<MYACCOUNTNAME>
-->DE06FD405F4BD6B926A82D46D651B199.dat
Removed them all. Still had no luck
8. Puzzled, I went back to C:\Users\<my account>, I noticed that when I run EL two files and a folder get modified:
-->ntuser.dat >Couldn't remove/rename to test.
-->ntuser.dat.LOG1 >Couldn't remove/rename to test.

AND

-->A folder named Esys which has EsysUser.properties file in it.

I went ahead and removed that folder. AND GUESS WHAT????? The error went away I tested it a few times and it worked every time. Removing it defaults your Esys window/pane size setting. I guess it contains some basic user settings.

So... Add C:\Users\<my account>\Esys folder to your script!

Hopefully more people can test and report back.

Last edited by speedometer; 02-06-2018 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 2
      02-06-2018, 04:35 PM   #201
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterp65 View Post
Cool! So here is a weird occurrence:

I went to my computer after a week last night and opened esys launcher on the old account without changing the date (it was on Dec 22nd 2017, a week or so has passed) and everything worked just fine. No error. Nothing. Likely I had messed with something last week but couldn't remember.

But I needed the error to reappear, so I changed the date to current and ran Esys Launcher (EL). Got the token loop. Changed the date back, ran EL. Got date manipulation error. Closed EL and ran your script. Then ran EL again and this time I got the error (It is crucial to get the date manipulation error, otherwise the error may not appear, I think it logs it or something).

I started experimenting:

1. I looked at the new account to see which folders/files related to EL are present that are the same as my old account.
2. C:\Users\<my account>\AppData\LocalLow and C:\Users\<my account>\AppData\Roaming had nothing.
3. So I focused on C:\Users\<my account>\AppData\Local
4. I changed the date and ran EL to see which folder/files get modified.
5. In C:\Users\<my account>\AppData\Local\, three items get modified.
-->A file named GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT.
-->TokenMaster folder, which your script removes.
-->Temp folder.
6. GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT and TokenMaster folder were useless as removing them did nothing.
7. Temp folder is interesting. EL creates a few files/folders there:
-->Cache folder
-->hsperfdata_<MYACCOUNTNAME>
-->DE06FD405F4BD6B926A82D46D651B199.dat
Removed them all. Still had no luck
8. Puzzled, I went back to C:\Users\<my account>, I noticed that when I run EL two files and a folder get modified:
-->ntuser.dat >Couldn't remove/rename to test.
-->ntuser.dat.LOG1 >Couldn't remove/rename to test.

AND

-->A folder named Esys which has EsysUser.properties file in it.

I went ahead and removed that folder. AND GUESS WHAT????? The error went away I tested it a few times and it worked every time. Removing it defaults your Esys window/pane size setting. I guess it contains some basic user settings.

So... Add C:\Users\<my account>\Esys folder to your script!

Hopefully more people can test and report back.

Peterp65, this really is a great result! Thanks very much for testing this! When I first developed my script I started out the same way as you did by observing what files/folders were modified and deleting them to see what happened. Nice to see that great minds think alike
In fact....... I hate to break this to you... I actually assumed you had already tried deleting that %UserProfile%\Esys folder ages ago. I mentioned it before in post #175... Guess you missed that.... Sorry mate, could have saved you a lot of time.

However, it's still an important find and I will update my script tomorrow (it's a bit late now). The "EsysUser.properties"-file actually contains a timestamp inside, and given your results it seems likely that E-sys uses this to verify the token.

As an ultimate test before I change the script, can I ask two more things of you:
1. If deleting the "%UserProfile\Esys"-folder removes the token error, I expect the token error to re-appear when you copy the "Esys"-folder back to "%UserProfile%". Can you test this? That would definately confirm that the Esys-folder is the culprit.
2. Producerlawson confirmed earlier that the lowest accepted date for psdzdata V63.3 is December 9th, 2017. I'm curious whether you can revert the date further after deleting the "%UserProfile\Esys"-folder. Can you test this as well? I think the accepted date is actually encoded in the data (most likely the license file inside the "Security"-folder), but who knows, maybe we're lucky....

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 10:31 PM   #202
speedometer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Nice to see that great minds think alike

Quote:
In fact....... I hate to break this to you... I actually assumed you had already tried deleting that %UserProfile%\Esys folder ages ago. I mentioned it before in post #175... Guess you missed that.... Sorry mate, could have saved you a lot of time.
You're right. And I had, the very first time. But I guess it was somehow re-created throughout my initial experiments with the expired token and it did not occur to me to delete it again! Rookie mistake

For the rest, I'd have to report back in a few weeks as I have already stored my coding laptop away thinking we are done with this It is an old slow dedicated coding laptop which is used approx twice a year, except for the last two months! Using it causes a lot of stress for me
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 05:32 AM   #203
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterp65 View Post
For the rest, I'd have to report back in a few weeks as I have already stored my coding laptop away thinking we are done with this It is an old slow dedicated coding laptop which is used approx twice a year, except for the last two months! Using it causes a lot of stress for me
No problem, in anticipation of a confirmation I think I'll update my script anyway . Probably won't hurt. Thanks for all your feedback the last couple of weeks, it was very helpful!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 05:33 AM   #204
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Perhaps in the meantime some of the others that reported the token-error can provide some feedback on their results of removing and copying back the 'Esys' folder in "C:\Users\<your account>"...?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 08:29 AM   #205
tomsab0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48

Thank your for your script; after running it, esys will start again and VO coding ist possible again. BUT: When trying to do FDL coding, an error message appears and I am asked to enter the PIN... But the previously entered Pin won't work... Do you have any solution for this?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 04:02 PM   #206
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsab0 View Post
Thank your for your script; after running it, esys will start again and VO coding ist possible again. BUT: When trying to do FDL coding, an error message appears and I am asked to enter the PIN... But the previously entered Pin won't work... Do you have any solution for this?
What's the error message exactly, including details (but without the entire string of java modules)?
What Launcher, E-sys, and Psdzdata version are you using?

Last edited by Tony Twoclicks; 02-13-2018 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: additional questions
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 12:47 PM   #207
zobov
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 320dx

My PRO token expired and i can not extend it... May be someone know any solution?

Anybody knows how to extend expired token? If i reinstall windows my code will change or not?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 04:32 AM   #208
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobov View Post
My PRO token expired and i can not extend it... May be someone know any solution?

Anybody knows how to extend expired token? If i reinstall windows my code will change or not?

My script is for the free Premium edition of the Launcher. For the Pro version, you should contact Tokenmaster to renew your license.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #209
Dr43469
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xdrive F31

@ Tony Twoclicks, here is some feedback regarding the last few posts.

PC = Win10 / x64
Launcher Premium = v2.6.2.124
E-Sys = v3.28.1
psdzdata = 62.3.001

This was a working stable solution until the timeout so I didn't want to try any different versions just yet. I started with minimal changes and built up to a final solution. I cant say what steps I could have skipped but I'll cut through all the iterations of what I tried and just list what actually worked.
  1. Turn off the PC automatic clock update. Set the clock to Sept 21, 2017 (my original install date but Im assuming Jan 4 would work to). Disable my wireless adapter just to be sure nothing was updating in the background.
  2. Remove / Install E-Sys
  3. Remove / Install Launcher
  4. Run re-arm .bat file
  5. Start the launcher and proceed with documented initial install process.
Result = C157 error when attempting "edit FDL".
  1. Delete "C:\Users\<your account>\Esys" folder.
  2. Run re-arm .bat file.
  3. Start the launcher.
Result = My CAFD took off like a raped ape!

I was able to make changes to my HU_NBT and "code" it. This was a great thing since I have to take the car into the stealer tomorrow morning and I didnt want them to see Christmas in February playing on the splash screen.

It looks like this additional user file is causing issues for some but not others? It was certainly my issue (among others). Maybe a note in your readme file about deleting that extra file would help since others had success without touching it? Thanks for the help everyone!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 01:24 AM   #210
Verner
Rep
Drives: E91 2007

On Windows XP, this not work, I think that folders are different.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #211
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr43469 View Post
@ Tony Twoclicks, here is some feedback regarding the last few posts.

PC = Win10 / x64
Launcher Premium = v2.6.2.124
E-Sys = v3.28.1
psdzdata = 62.3.001

This was a working stable solution until the timeout so I didn't want to try any different versions just yet. I started with minimal changes and built up to a final solution. I cant say what steps I could have skipped but I'll cut through all the iterations of what I tried and just list what actually worked.
  1. Turn off the PC automatic clock update. Set the clock to Sept 21, 2017 (my original install date but Im assuming Jan 4 would work to). Disable my wireless adapter just to be sure nothing was updating in the background.
  2. Remove / Install E-Sys
  3. Remove / Install Launcher
  4. Run re-arm .bat file
  5. Start the launcher and proceed with documented initial install process.
Result = C157 error when attempting "edit FDL".
  1. Delete "C:\Users\<your account>\Esys" folder.
  2. Run re-arm .bat file.
  3. Start the launcher.

I was able to make changes to my HU_NBT and "code" it. This was a great thing since I have to take the car into the stealer tomorrow morning and I didnt want them to see Christmas in February playing on the splash screen.

It looks like this additional user file is causing issues for some but not others? It was certainly my issue (among others). Maybe a note in your readme file about deleting that extra file would help since others had success without touching it? Thanks for the help everyone!

Thanks very much for testing this! I hadn't changed my script yet as I was waiting to hear some more feedback from others. It seems the C157 token error only appears in some specific cases, but I will update my script none the less.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 01:28 PM   #212
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr43469 View Post
I can't even imagine what that looks like!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 01:31 PM   #213
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Updated version

Version 1.5.7 is out! The E-sys properties-folder is now also deleted to prevent token-error C157 during FDL-coding in E-sys.

Thanks to Peterp65 and Dr43469 for testing and confirming this!

Cheers,

-----------
Tony Twoclicks
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 01:44 PM   #214
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verner View Post
On Windows XP, this not work, I think that folders are different.
PM sent...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 04:36 AM   #215
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _bdiddyb_ View Post
@shawnsheridan, Hi, any of you guys know why after activating FA/calculate FP, the VO pane on the right doesn't show any descriptive text?

[1957] used to show "SPBR_18_ZOLL_SPORTBRAKE" along with other numbers in the above and below brackets.
Hi, I'm not sure this question belongs here. This thread is about reusing Tokenmaster's E-sys Launcher Premium after its token expired by turning back the clock on your system. There are probably other threads more suited for your question about coding in E-sys.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 01:31 AM   #216
Dual_01
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 4er

Script and Windows XP

I tried it with Windows XP but the script does not seem to work. Probably, the user and program directories are different in XP. Does someone has an idea what has to be changed in the script?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 03:57 AM   #217
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual_01 View Post
I tried it with Windows XP but the script does not seem to work. Probably, the user and program directories are different in XP. Does someone has an idea what has to be changed in the script?
Correct, the system folders of Windows XP differ quite a lot from those of the later Windows versions. To make the script XP-compatible would require a lot of changes, which would also have to be maintained in the future. As I don't have an XP image to test on, that would be very impractical to say the least. Furthermore, XP has been obsolete for quite a few years now and only few people are still using it. Also, as I've understood the last versions of the Launcher don't even support XP, so any changes to the script would benefit old Launchers only. For these reasons I decided not to support XP. My recommendation would be to upgrade to Windows 10 to be more future-proof.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 12:53 AM   #218
madf30
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

hello,
can anyone give me a link to 2.6.2?
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 10:25 PM   #219
tpaxadpom
Private
Rep
Drives: 550i

Thank you Tony. I had to download the latest version as when I switched the cars I was getting dreaded error 157. Awesome work!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 10:29 AM   #220
pankarim
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

https://imageshack.com/a/img922/7754/3s17VI.jpg

What should I do or what I did wrong?
Appreciate 0