F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW i Vision Dynamics unveiled at Frankfurt IAA!
Extreme Powerhouse
Closed Thread

09-29-2017, 12:44 PM   #133
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
People are already making educated decisions for what's right for them. Then there are those who think what's right for them is right for everyone else. Here in CA, the EV infrastructure is growing and it's working and the advantages to the consumer are real and tangible. Given how big the CA market is, and the almost industry wide embrace of EV and Hybrid technology, all I see is progress. Keep complaining about range, and the market will find ways to increase range to entice you to spend a dollar. Complain about charging time, weight, battery disposal, do all of that and you will see improvements. That's how the market works. What's the alternative? Stop trying?
How about complaining that every ev owner in Calif costs the US taxpayer, me, you, $10k. I'd like $10k for my car purchase please. Take away this government intervention and ev is dead.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 01:23 PM   #134
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
How about complaining that every ev owner in Calif costs the US taxpayer, me, you, $10k. I'd like $10k for my car purchase please. Take away this government intervention and ev is dead.
First of all, you are in Florida, so my state rebate has nothing to do with you. You don't even pay a personal tax.

Second of all, the fed tax credit is $7500, not $10k.

Third of all, it's a tax CREDIT. None of your tax money is going to me. You're a "fundguy" don't you know how a tax credit works?

Fourth of all, if you don't like it, call your legislature.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
Imola.ZHP128.50
      09-29-2017, 02:07 PM   #135
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
First of all, you are in Florida, so my state rebate has nothing to do with you. You don't even pay a personal tax.

Second of all, the fed tax credit is $7500, not $10k.

Third of all, it's a tax CREDIT. None of your tax money is going to me. You're a "fundguy" don't you know how a tax credit works?

Fourth of all, if you don't like it, call your legislature.
First, Florida subsidizes California taxes. Yes, I am. High tax states get money from low tax states. So Calif, NY, etc are sucking up tax money from The rest of us. The new tax plan eliminates this which is why high tax blue states are against it. We don't have state income tax. Why? Because we didn't elect tools who feel obligated to use tax money to buy votes with welfare money. Instead, they make jobs.
Second, the $2500 is available in part through my subsidizing.
Third, the federal part is a tax credit lowering your taxes, not mine. So who pays for what you don't pay for? Everyone else including me.
Forth, I have when I voted last November.

And fifth, the point was without the $10k, EVs wouldn't be selling like they are in Calif or anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 02:51 PM   #136
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
I thought this wasn't the political forum? But since you INSIST on injecting your political agenda into the EV discussion:

Quote:
First, Florida subsidizes California taxes. Yes, I am. High tax states get money from low tax states. So Calif, NY, etc are sucking up tax money from The rest of us.
Yet Florida is more of a drain on the federal government per return on taxpayer investment:

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/

Quote:
We don't have state income tax. Why?
Because you rely more on federal aid.

Quote:
Because we didn't elect tools who feel obligated to use tax money to buy votes with welfare money. Instead, they make jobs.
CA has 1 million more people on food stamps than FL... BUT 20 million more people. Your per capita on food stamps is much much higher.

https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites...SNAPcurrPP.pdf

Quote:
Second, the $2500 is available in part through my subsidizing.
Third, the federal part is a tax credit lowering your taxes, not mine. So who pays for what you don't pay for? Everyone else including me.
Again, Florida is more federally dependent than CA. Seems hypocritical, or maybe you want more federal handouts for yourself rather than to the liberal hippies?

Quote:
Forth, I have when I voted last November.
LOL

This discussion is coming of the rails. Lets get back on track:

Quote:
And fifth, the point was without the $10k, EVs wouldn't be selling like they are in Calif or anywhere.
Good thing we have it then. While it's here, we should be taking advantage and help boost this market so that it can benefit the most amount of people. Subsidies work, but obviously your political viewpoint is not comparable with the idea of this type of government intervention and we are NOT going to come to an agreement other than agreeing to disagree. You are against it, fine. But pointing fingers at me or other who are taking advantage of the tax credits and state rebates gets you what exactly?

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 2
Closed Thread