F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Track your BMW...wrong info.
proTUNING Freaks

01-22-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
kenswift
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i GC xDrive M Sport

Track your BMW...wrong info.

Hi all. So i'm tracking my 435i GC online which finally went into production today! 2 questions:

1. - Are the wheels supposed to show in the configuration? I ordered it with the 19" Wheels, but its not showing anywhere.

2. - I ordered the Ash Grey Trim but its showing Dark Burl Walnut wood trim. Website mistake?

I contacted my sales guy but haven't heard back from him yet..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 07:05 PM   #2
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Sometimes it takes a while to update. If its still wrong in 2-3 days though, its possible the order went in wrong. Do you have your VIN yet? You can run it and find out exactly what will be on the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 01:28 PM   #3
kenswift
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Dealer said it got put in wrong...they have to order a new one now...gotta wait another 8 weeks now
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 04:06 PM   #4
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenswift View Post
Dealer said it got put in wrong...they have to order a new one now...gotta wait another 8 weeks now
I feel your pain... after waiting 10 weeks for my car to go into production, I found out that they messed up my build. I'm waiting for a production slot in February because they agreed to order me another one with the correct options; it's been 4 months since I've ordered this car...

Does your build have M Sport Brakes by any chance? My dealer told me an M Sport Brake shortage may delay my production in February but not many people are saying if there's still a shortage for these brakes or not... I know there was a shortage back in September - October though, I feel like they must have sorted this out by now.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #5
kenswift
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterX View Post
I feel your pain... after waiting 10 weeks for my car to go into production, I found out that they messed up my build. I'm waiting for a production slot in February because they agreed to order me another one with the correct options; it's been 4 months since I've ordered this car...

Does your build have M Sport Brakes by any chance? My dealer told me an M Sport Brake shortage may delay my production in February but not many people are saying if there's still a shortage for these brakes or not... I know there was a shortage back in September - October though, I feel like they must have sorted this out by now.
Wow! 10 weeks I waited about 5 weeks to go into production. I don't understand how they messup the order especially knowing its going to take weeks just to get into production. I didn't order mine with the M Sport Brakes...hopefully they stocked up by now so you can get it quicker.

If the brown trim went nice with the black I wouldve just taken it, o well, another 8 weeks Good thing is it will be spring by then
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 10:51 PM   #6
DocB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Wow! 10 weeks I waited about 5 weeks to go into production. I don't understand how they messup the order especially knowing its going to take weeks just to get into production. I didn't order mine with the M Sport Brakes...hopefully they stocked up by now so you can get it quicker.

If the brown trim went nice with the black I wouldve just taken it, o well, another 8 weeks Good thing is it will be spring by then
5 weeks, 10 weeks. Try 5 months. Ordered August 23rd. Entered production January 15th.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 05:57 PM   #7
kenswift
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
5 weeks, 10 weeks. Try 5 months. Ordered August 23rd. Entered production January 15th.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 01:22 PM   #8
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
Quote:

Good news, looks like production of my car is slated for next week with the M Sport Brakes so it seems like there is no shortage

And yes, definitely nice that we'll get our cars close to spring... especially since they're coming with performance tires lol
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 09:09 PM   #9
Tomahawk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328I MSport

Sometimes it can show the wrong thing on the customers end but be correct in reality. Wish it was the case for OP, but looks like its not. But if dealer has a car they have built a certain way for general inventory, but hasnt started they can modify that car. Usually the only thing that wont show the change s the color.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 11:33 AM   #10
325bim
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330l;2006 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
Wow! I placed my GC order jan 13th, rcvd vin on the 20th, and production has finished as of yesterday(jan 29th). My order has m-sport brakes, so i don't think thats the issue for you guys. I think it has to do with dealer production slots. Here in Phoenix, we have 3 dealers, combined they have a total of 11 GC's...they cannot keep stock, so i assume they keep getting production slots, dealers with a lot of stock have their slots pushed out...just guessing