F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > B48/B46 F & G series are now supported by MG Flasher
ARMA SPEED

03-22-2022, 07:31 PM   #67
hEllberg
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 330E F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdub View Post
Feels like MG are neglecting the F30 330e. They haven't even implemented custom code. One of the key features of the MG platform!
It's a shame honestly, got MG Flasher mainly because of you and some others I saw in a group from Ireland, seemed a little bit safer than BM3 in terms of cracking pistons, but the support on BM3 seems ALOT better for the 330E..
Appreciate 1
330ed4.50
      03-23-2022, 03:29 AM   #68
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

As many people as possible need to start leaving the appropriate feedback on their social media pages. 330e owners are paying full price. But not receiving all the benefits of the MG flasher platform, it's disappointing. I purchased MG flasher for two reasons. First being, it was convenient to be able to flash the car myself. The second was on the fly to map changes. I now have MG flasher on my 330e for 2 years and still no on the fly options are available. And they're not even working on it!

Last edited by jcdub; 03-23-2022 at 06:40 PM..
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2022, 11:26 AM   #69
330ed
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

I had asked for a discount in December on the basis of the following:

Quote:
I note hybrid b48/58s are missing a lot of key features such as Switchable Maps On-The-Fly, Dynamic Exhaust Burble On-The-Fly, Max Cooling On-The-Fly, Torque Limit Adjustability and anti-lag.

The hybrids seem to be on v1.2 of the software whereas everything else is on a much higher version with better features. It sounds like it will be like that for a while.

When the software was at v1.2 I believe the license cost was circa 200 dollars and the maps were under 100, whereas the same features for a hybrid customer would cost 299 and 125.
I have an email from Jacob from December stating:

Quote:
Unfortunately we do not offer a price adjustment for this reason. We are currently developing all these features for hybrids in order to bring a larger array of features to those cars

I went ahead and bought the software on this basis (the expectation being that it would be delivered soon if it was being actively "worked on")

Still nothing 4 months later
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2022, 05:10 PM   #70
Dajoyz
Registered
Ireland
Rep
Drives: F30 330e

I have also been keen on getting some more updates on our poor neglected hybrids or I may consider moving to bootmode for a change if they don’t come through soon with on the fly maps🤔
Appreciate 1
330ed4.50
      04-15-2022, 06:38 PM   #71
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajoyz View Post
I have also been keen on getting some more updates on our poor neglected hybrids or I may consider moving to bootmode for a change if they don’t come through soon with on the fly maps🤔
I believe they are working on it. Plus updated maps. Hopefully they'll deliver both soon🤞🏻
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 07:47 AM   #72
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

𝗚𝗲𝗻 𝟭 𝗧𝗼𝗿𝗾𝘂𝗲 𝗟𝗶𝗺𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗕𝘆𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘀

Name:  1-1_PhoneScreen.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  175.2 KB

With our most recent update to the MG Flasher App v340, we are announcing the ability to adjust the TCU Torque Limiter (effectively, bypassing it) on Generation 1 B48 and B58 engines. Using an adjustment slider, torque limits can be adjusted anywhere between 250 and 1000 Nm. MG Flasher’s Stage 1 OTS map on the B58 platform already surpasses the stock TCU limiter (550 Nm). Without bypassing or removing the limiter, the full potential from the tune is not achieved. This update will allow you to bypass the stock TCU limiter. If you already have aftermarket TCU software that removes or raises this limiter, such as xHP, then this update will work in tandem, without conflicts. To ensure everything works smoothly, in the MG Flasher App’s flashing options raise the limiter to a higher value than your xHP settings. Setting the limit to something lower than stock is helpful when lending your car to a driver who you don’t want to have access to all the power.

Please note that the feature will only work on cars that had Custom Code previously available. Unfortunately, this means that some Gen 1 G-series cars, along with select F-series hybrids, will not have this feature, but will be added soon. Stay tuned for new features for those cars!

The latest update also corrects the inversed manual exhaust flap switches (available in the diagnostic menu) and fixes miscellaneous bugs with flashing and app debug log sharing.

We would like to thank all the testers that helped us during development, we appreciate all the support and feedback.

Sincerely,
The MG Flasher Team
www.mgflasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 05-19-2022 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: Title Change
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 08:26 AM   #73
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Feels like MG are neglecting the F30 330e. They haven't even implemented custom code. One of the key features of the MG platform!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hEllberg View Post
It's a shame honestly, got MG Flasher mainly because of you and some others I saw in a group from Ireland, seemed a little bit safer than BM3 in terms of cracking pistons, but the support on BM3 seems ALOT better for the 330E..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dajoyz View Post
Quote:
As many people as possible need to start leaving the appropriate feedback on their social media pages. 330e owners are paying full price. But not receiving all the benefits of the MG flasher platform, it's disappointing. I purchased MG flasher for two reasons. First being, it was convenient to be able to flash the car myself. The second was on the fly to map changes. I now have MG flasher on my 330e for 2 years and still no on the fly options are available. And they're not even working on it!
Rest assured we are listening to your feedback, and we are developing new features specifically for the F30 330e. We appreciate all of your support. Unfortunately, the wait is long because of the differences between regular and hybrid software, so we are building all the features from the ground up. Furthermore, we are building this all with automation as the main focus, so that we can provide updates and new features more effectively in the future.
Appreciate 1
330ed4.50
      07-05-2022, 02:04 PM   #74
330eF30
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
Rest assured we are listening to your feedback, and we are developing new features specifically for the F30 330e. We appreciate all of your support. Unfortunately, the wait is long because of the differences between regular and hybrid software, so we are building all the features from the ground up. Furthermore, we are building this all with automation as the main focus, so that we can provide updates and new features more effectively in the future.
Like many others, I too chose MG Flasher over its peers but have been very disappointed with the lack of updates and features for the F30 330e.

A failure to plan, is a plan to fail. At the very least a timeline for release would be helpful instead of keeping us in the dark.
Appreciate 1
330ed4.50
      02-15-2023, 02:46 PM   #75
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Custom Code v7.0 for F-Series B48 Hybrids, B46, B48 and B58

Custom Code v7.0 for F-Series B48 Hybrids, B46, B48 and B58
MG Flasher update v358

MG Flasher is pleased to announce the release of the latest Custom Code, v7.0. This update brings support for the long-awaited F-Series B48 Hybrids! Hybrid owners will now be able to make use of all Custom Code features including Switchable Maps, Dynamic Burbles, Max Cooling and more On-The-Fly (OTF) options. Antilag is also available for B48 custom tuners who will be working on built engines. Majority of these hybrids have software version SWFL 3076-050.006.002 (R1C9I562B), however, all F-Series B48/B58 software will now be supported! More information about which software versions have Custom Code available can be found here. To gain access to the new Custom Code update, ensure you’re using MG Flasher app version 358 or newer. You can now also flash OTS and custom maps without any Custom Code, by selecting v0.0. This is useful for troubleshooting, or if you prefer full OEM functionality. In addition to the added support for Hybrids, Custom Code v7.0 also brings the following features:
  • Long term storage of On-The-Fly feature settings:
    - OTF settings will be preserved between flashes, battery changes, other maintenance tasks.
    - Requires an ignition cycle to initiate saving. Data storage is triggered when ignition is turned on. For example, set Max Cooling status, turn ignition off, wait 5 seconds, turn ignition on and it will be stored to the ECU’s long-term storage.
    - OTF settings include Switchable Map slot selection, Burble aggression level, Max Cooling status and Antilag standstill RPM setpoint.
  • Logging ethanol content when using a CAN based sensor (PT-CAN2 & ID 0x0EC)
  • Safety protocol from switching into empty slots:
    - Switchable maps and burbles OTF will prevent invalid selection, defaulting to slot 0.

The ability to save On-The-Fly settings will eliminate the need for their adjustment after flashing, providing a more user friendly and seamless integration of our On-The-Fly options. Users will no longer need to spend time adjusting their settings after every flash and will be able to enjoy their favourite setup even after flashes.

The added ethanol content logging parameter will provide users (who have CAN based sensors) the ability to monitor their ethanol content through the MG Flasher app. Any CAN based sensor connected on PT-CAN2 which uses ID 0x0EC and follows the same data format of Zeitronix’s ECA-2 CAN Bus module. You can find more details about Zeitronix’s sensor on their website: https://zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA2CAN.shtml. This feature works with majority of CAN based ethanol sensors already available on the market and paves the way for the integration of our own Flex Fuel implementation.

MG Flasher is also releasing updated OTS maps for the F-Series B48 Hybrid platform: v2.2 package 91 ACN, 95 RON, 98 RON, 100 RON, E30, E40 with Switchable Map support. These maps include fueling, ignition timing and boost improvements that provide optimized results with more safe power! Refer to our Confluence based User Manual for OTS maps slot adjustment infographics here. Please note, although Custom Code support for all F-Series B48 and B58 is now available, not all OTS maps have been prepared with Switchable Map slots! Check the release notes for the OTS map you’re flashing to see if it includes populated Switchable Map slots. Eventually, all OTS maps will be released with Switchable Map support. Until then, please sit tight, we are working as hard as we can to make them available for everyone. If you cannot wait for the official release of OTS maps with Switchable Map support, you can reach out to Authorized Tuners to have them prepare it for you.

The engineering team at MG Flasher realized very early on that with the vast variety of different software versions being released, they would not be able to keep up with manually creating Custom Code for individual software versions. For this reason, we decided to move towards automating majority of the building process. This allows for a single code base for the main functionality of Custom Code, while automating the heavy lifting of applying that code to all the different software versions. When new software versions are released by OE manufacturers, we’ll be able to release Custom Code support shortly after! Furthermore, we’ve moved Custom Code to the cloud, which will allow users to download update whenever syncing their app. No need to release a new app and wait for Apple or Google to review app changes and approve the releases. For end users, this means new features, bug fixes, and updates will be released at a significantly faster rate!

With the release of Custom Code support for all F-Series B48 & B58 vehicles complete, our team has split up into two: finalizing Custom Code testing on generation 1 G-Series support for B48 & B58 and developing flex fuel support for all generation 1 vehicles. This means that once flex fuel support is released, generation 2 Custom Code will be our primary focus. With the new automation tools available at our disposal, Custom Code for generation 2 will be available even sooner! Be on the lookout for our social media stories where we’ll be looking for generation 2 beta testers!

A big thanks goes out to all the beta testers who helped in the troubleshooting and testing of the new Custom Code ecosystem! They are a fundamental part of the development process. We greatly appreciate the time these testers spent, the effort they provided and the feedback they gave to make a better experience for you. We thank everyone for their hard work and dedication in helping us provide a finished product that we are very proud to share with you today!

Happy Flashing!
The MG Flasher Team

Stage 1 OTS v2.2 Switchable Map Slots for Gen 1 F-Series B48 Hybrid

Stage 2 OTS v2.2 Switchable Map Slots for Gen 1 F-Series B48 Hybrid
Appreciate 1
330ed4.50
      02-15-2023, 11:44 PM   #76
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Great news. Looking forward to trying the new on the fly features and updated maps!
      03-02-2023, 04:24 PM   #77
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

In App On-The-Fly Options and Shift Up Burbles

In App On-The-Fly Options and Shift Up Burbles
MG Flasher update v362

New features are now available from the MG Flasher app! This update brings the ability to adjust Custom Code On-The-Fly (OTF) options directly from the app and shift up burbles in three different flavours: OEM, Soft and Hard. To get burbles on-shift working, users may require enabling the feature on the TCU as well, via TCU software solutions like xHP’s flashing tool. This feature is also known as “torque reduction” during shift.

With the recent release of Custom Code v7.0, a few users found that long term storage of OTF features (EEPROM saving) wasn’t working properly. The settings were reverting to defaults. There were also reports of Antilag getting “stuck” on. We resolved both issues in Custom Code v7.0.1 but it is necessary to update the app to v362 to access this patch. MG Flasher is now working on finalizing the shift of Custom Code app dependency to the cloud which will allow bug fixes like this to be resolved without requiring a newer app.

While investigating this issue with EEPROM storage, we found it would be a perfect time to release a ”back-burner” project: in-app adjustment of Custom Code On-The-Fly options. This new feature is available from the Diagnostics menu under “Custom Code Diagnostics”. From there, users with supported Custom Code versions (v6.9.x and newer) can set their active Switchable Map Slot, Burble Aggression Slot, Max Cooling Status, or Antilag Standing RPM setpoint DIRECTLY from the MG Flasher app! Adjustment of Antilag RPM requires Custom Code v7.0 or newer. Users can also read or save their active settings with a press of a button. Pressing “Read All EEPROM” will show the active OTF settings for all available features on your current Custom Code version, where newer version may have more options shown. When pressing “Save EEPROM”, the app will mimic our instructions for saving OTF settings: key cycle with a brief wait period. These options are intended for diagnostic purposes in the current layout as we are working on a redesign of the User Interface (UI). Once complete, the interface will look polished and easier to use.

Custom Code update v7.1 is also right around the corner (currently in beta testing). The update will bring a new experience to the OTF setting selection process through the in car (on the dash) Custom Code Menu (CCM). While users get familiar with the new method of selecting OTF options, the in-app OTF settings interface should make it easier to transition. More on this will be available soon!

Android 13 with ENET cable users will be happy to hear that we have adjusted how the app searches for and connects to your vehicle. To take advantage of these changes, look at the updated user manual section for our “Connection Guide” where we adjusted which Static IP settings should be used.

MG Flasher’s support staff has noticed a large influx of questions/comments on our recent posts asking about support for G-Series vehicles and Gen 2 vehicles. We hear you! You will be happy to know that we are in the midst of beta testing gen 1 G-Series Custom Code. Progress is underway and we can’t wait to share it with everyone. We really appreciate everyone’s patience and their support!

Happy Flashing!
The MG Flasher Team
Appreciate 1
330ed4.50
      11-06-2023, 04:55 PM   #78
Cpt_Zheng
Italy
Rep
Drives: bmw 430i f32

Garage List
2018 Bmw 430i  [10.00]
Hi guys, i try to post here too, im having a lot of troubles connecting to my car with cabled e-net.
I tried different adapters and 4 different phones, none works anymore.
App says ‘please connect obd to port’ something like that, my phone (iphone) detected lan10/100 but my app doesn’t.
Tried with 2 android phones too but none works.
Help?
Appreciate 0