F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > trouble getting Bm3 registered
proTUNING Freaks

10-11-2023, 07:41 PM   #1
Neidthebeamer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i x drive

Garage List
trouble getting Bm3 registered

I’ve got my bm3 tuner and license but can’t seem to get a connection to register the vehicle. I’ve bought all the adapters possible, prob should’ve done research first. But from my understand from the start i thought you could register your vehicles vin and throw the license on and tune all through a ios device. Not sure if I’m doing it all wrong or what but I bought the wifi adapter, the Ethernet adapter with the phone adapter as well. And ive been trying to get it registered and get my license on there all through the iOS app. Not sure if that’s how it’s done or what I’ve done wrong. My last test will be to just through the obd agent on a computer and use the Ethernet port and try that way.

Any advice or suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2023, 09:04 AM   #2
rhenier99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

An E-Net cable is probably the way to go, although I've heard of success through the app, but the enet adapter will definitely work (personal experience) and a useful tool to have for stuff like Ista+.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2023, 09:43 AM   #3
Neidthebeamer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i x drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenier99 View Post
An E-Net cable is probably the way to go, although I've heard of success through the app, but the enet adapter will definitely work (personal experience) and a useful tool to have for stuff like Ista+.
I got it all working just took a little bit of patience
Appreciate 0