F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > best aftermarket exhaust for bmw f30 330i
Extreme Powerhouse

10-12-2023, 07:15 PM   #1
Crystal330i
Crystal330ii
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i

best aftermarket exhaust for bmw f30 330i

Hey all,

looking to grab an aftermarket exhaust for my bmw f30 330i. im currently in the process of doing an M-Sport conversion, and one of the last steps i wanted to do was to do a dual tip conversion to improve looks and sound.

I've seen many people install a used OEM 340i exhaust on their b46's, but I'm looking for something a little bit louder, so I was wondering if I should buy an aftermarket axleback for the b58 and get the shop to install it? I've seen many of them for sale including AWE touring and magnaflow, but they are expensive and I'm not sure if they would fit on the b46 like an OEM 340i exhaust would.

I'm between this or doing the dual conversion with a 340i exhaust, and adding a resonator delete to improve sound. Any advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 10:08 AM   #2
MagnusAG99
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal330i View Post
Hey all,

looking to grab an aftermarket exhaust for my bmw f30 330i. im currently in the process of doing an M-Sport conversion, and one of the last steps i wanted to do was to do a dual tip conversion to improve looks and sound.

I've seen many people install a used OEM 340i exhaust on their b46's, but I'm looking for something a little bit louder, so I was wondering if I should buy an aftermarket axleback for the b58 and get the shop to install it? I've seen many of them for sale including AWE touring and magnaflow, but they are expensive and I'm not sure if they would fit on the b46 like an OEM 340i exhaust would.

I'm between this or doing the dual conversion with a 340i exhaust, and adding a resonator delete to improve sound. Any advice would be appreciated.
From my experience with the 330e (which does a different rear muffler than the 320i and 330i) deleting the resonator doesnt do much as it is the rear muffler what kills all the sound. It does give it a few more pops tho from what ive seen. Since it doesnt exist any exhaust systems for the 330e because of the hybrid battery i just removed the rear muffler completely and had a shop weld a new exhaust.

Next thing im gonna do is replace the resonator with a glasspack, add a magnaflow muffler on the left pipe and a valve on the right pipe.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0