F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > GODZILLA 2014: Full Trailer
proTUNING Freaks

05-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #45
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhmund View Post
I thought it was a 5/10 movie. Godzilla had probably 20 min of screen time during the whole 2 hours. I understand the build up was intentional, but I felt cheated. The human characters were dull and pointless. Too many plot holes for my taste. Overall, a waste of a movie.
"For all the work that went into creating lifelike dinosaurs, the lizards got just 15 minutes of screen time in the 127-minute movie."
This is for Jurassic Park and I've seen time quotes of 14min. Anyway that's a typical thing in movies.

I like to focus on the amazing CG that was in the film. It was very well done and considering what Godzilla came from any fan will accept this as a big win in getting a big budget.
Agreed, they did well on creating Godzilla. I read that they are doing a sequel, which worried me because that means there will be a third movie as well, meaning that the second one will have a cliffhanger ending which tend to ruin movies for me. It's all speculation either way though.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #46
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder
Quote:
I thought it was a 5/10 movie. Godzilla had probably 20 min of screen time during the whole 2 hours. I understand the build up was intentional, but I felt cheated. The human characters were dull and pointless. Too many plot holes for my taste. Overall, a waste of a movie.
"For all the work that went into creating lifelike dinosaurs, the lizards got just 15 minutes of screen time in the 127-minute movie."
This is for Jurassic Park and I've seen time quotes of 14min. Anyway that's a typical thing in movies.

I like to focus on the amazing CG that was in the film. It was very well done and considering what Godzilla came from any fan will accept this as a big win in getting a big budget.
Actually now that I think about it, you are right about J Park and the screen time. However, unlike Godzilla, it's human characters were very interesting and kept me curious throughout the whole movie. I loved Dr. Grant and Malcolm!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #47
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB

Quote:
Actually now that I think about it, you are right about J Park and the screen time. However, unlike Godzilla, it's human characters were very interesting and kept me curious throughout the whole movie. I loved Dr. Grant and Malcolm!
True and here is where the difference between that and typical godzilla movies. Godzilla is the center of all the movies, the characters in the older godzilla movies are laughably forgettable.
Appreciate 0