F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Have we got many "coders" in the UK?
ARMA SPEED

03-24-2013, 05:00 AM   #155
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
Aye, did that and enabled the Internet, but no connection...
For BMW Live I kept on getting this message "Current mobile communication network is not supported by BMW Live". I just gave up in the end.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #156
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

The message I get is different. Something along the lines if please enable Bluetooth data connection

But in iDrive settings its a little hit and miss. When I manage to get the car to show the data transfer option i can then see the globe that is greyed out next to the phones. When i enable the option, not only do the globes disappear but the option disappears too.

Take away the phone the car shows 3G symbol in the browser. But no Internet and error messages. All other BMW live services like news, weather etc work fine on the cars own 3G

Tried on my iPhone 5 and the wife's s3 galaxy. Tethering enabled on both.

I know tethering works as have other devices that use the phones as hotspots... Bit stuck
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #157
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Is BMW Live just BMW Online for basic/Business Nav?

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #158
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Adjusting the boot to auto close via the key fob is great on the touring.
Do you have location for that change? Having to hold the button is a pain.
Took me a while to find it again. I should really keep a note of what I've changed

To enable it from the keyfob change:
HKFM 3010 SCH_FBD aktiv (from nicht_aktiv)
HKFM 3010 TASTER_FBD aktiv (from nicht_aktiv)

To also enable it from the button on the drivers side
HKFM 3010 SCH_TOEHKI aktiv (from nicht_aktiv)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #159
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Will servicing reset any changes you made?
I'll find out next week about the service reset, my car is going in to have the software updated to resolve a few issues.
Well my car has been in the dealer for 2 days and they said they have updated all of the software modules and none of my modifications were lost, nor did they say anything even though some of my changes are quite obvious like the mirrors folding straight away and the M logo on the display.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #160
derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Well my car has been in the dealer for 2 days and they said they have updated all of the software modules and none of my modifications were lost, nor did they say anything even though some of my changes are quite obvious like the mirrors folding straight away and the M logo on the display.
Thanks Richard that's god to know , they probably getting used to it them selves is there any improvements I will ask them to update on PDI if any updates or puma etc
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #161
Rhino707
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
With a Sept 12 build, I'm sure you do not need to buy the token. You can use the older version of E-Sys 46.x and "obtain" a generic token.

The newer build post Jan 13 require ver 48.3 and that requires the token to be purchased.... Mine is a Feb 13, so had to buy it, but it's been worth it as would have had to pay £100 for video in motion...

PM Frogman or Shawnsheridan details under coding section for details. They are really helpful
Did you have any problems in getting the "Activate FA" step to work when coding? I've tried a few times now and cannot get the green active legend to appear which then results in the "please activate an FA first" error message.

Any help would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #162
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino707

Did you have any problems in getting the "Activate FA" step to work when coding? I've tried a few times now and cannot get the green active legend to appear which then results in the "please activate an FA first" error message.

Any help would be appreciated!
Under FA List, did you right click FA then choose Activate?
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #163
Rhino707
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Under FA List, did you right click FA then choose Activate?
I did, and no error was reported .... it just didn't show the green "activate" legend and therefore wouldn't let me code the module.

I'm following the getting started guide for E-Sys v3.18.4, although I'm using the later version with a token and patch that I bought. I'm assuming that this version is still the one to use?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #164
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino707 View Post
I did, and no error was reported .... it just didn't show the green "activate" legend and therefore wouldn't let me code the module.

I'm following the getting started guide for E-Sys v3.18.4, although I'm using the later version with a token and patch that I bought. I'm assuming that this version is still the one to use?
The guide should be fine. The only thing missing was to ensure the engine was running... But the fact you got to this stage, I presume the engine is running?

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #165
Rhino707
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The guide should be fine. The only thing missing was to ensure the engine was running... But the fact you got to this stage, I presume the engine is running?
Well, no! I had the ignition on though. Is that not sufficient?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #166
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Well, no! I had the ignition on though. Is that not sufficient?
No, that's where I also ran into issues, but even before I could get to the activation.. Engine has to be running...

If I remember correctly, it would let me read only one part, but could not read the other sections....

Once I started the car not just ignition on, hey presto!!!!

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #167
Rhino707
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No, that's where I also ran into issues, but even before I could get to the activation.. Engine has to be running...

If I remember correctly, it would let me read only one part, but could not read the other sections....

OK, that's interesting. I'll give it a go. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #168
Rhino707
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

You are a star

That did the trick .... auto start-stop now only when I want it!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #169
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

You are a star

That did the trick .... auto start-stop now only when I want it!
Excellent!

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #170
six
Captain
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50e

Hi All,

First post here! Enjoying my F31 330d but looking to tweak a few functions. Don't suppose there is anybody in the Bristol area who would be kind enough to help me with some coding?!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 05:35 AM   #171
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:

I haven't ever had to start the engine, as you know the 'how to' states ignition only and that is all I have ever done. Having the ECU reboot with the engine running can't be good.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #172
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by flc1962 View Post
Well spin my nipple nuts... superb thanks.

Is there a way to keep the info bar white, ie day running at night while the speedo and rev counter are the orange colour ?
Yep take the setting OFF auto, and it remains White.
      04-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #173
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I haven't ever had to start the engine, as you know the 'how to' states ignition only and that is all I have ever done. Having the ECU reboot with the engine running can't be good.
Could be the newer 2013 cars maybe??? That's the advice found on the coding sub forum, that you must have the engine running to provide sufficient power as ignition only didn't. Don't understand myself, but everytime i code it seems to work fine having the engine running...

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #174
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Can the DRL's be coded to have the dash/instrument lights on as well as rear lights ?

Previous : 2019 F31 340i : 2017 F31 335D M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #175
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Guys
Excellent work going on. I had the relevant files, token and cable long time ago. But never got time and a car to play with it.
I guess my files will be out of date by now.

However I had recently bought ICOM which gives me facility to retrofit anything which dealers provide.

So if somebody wishes to have any retrofit coded, feel free to give me a shout.
I'm usually on E90 forum, so feel free to send me a pm.

Thanks.
      11-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #176
Tuffty
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335d xDrive M Sport

New to Coding

Hi,

I'm from Buckinghamshire and looking to code my 335d F30. Happy to buy a cable and pay for software/licences but I can't seem to find anywhere to download software - I don't have a great internet connection and I have no idea what version of E-Sys I need.

Anyone able to assist?

Cheers,

Tuffty
Appreciate 0