F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Does anyone have pictures of M sport replica body kit installed? and Does it include
Extreme Powerhouse

03-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #45
FanboyBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328xi

Do you guys think this will look stupid if you put an m sport bumper on a luxury line but kept the stock oem luxury line wheels on it? I just really cant see myself wasting money ($4000) on rims when my next car is most likely not going to be another 3 series let alone another bmw. What do u guys think
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #46
DXL XLR8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30

I just received my retrofit kit today and it seems like all the parts are here except the white bar on the bottom of the image shown. Does anyone know what that piece is called and if it's needed
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #47
Sherhart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Vert & 2015 RR Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyBMW View Post
If anyone takes this post the wrong way; remember, criticism is what they can work on and hence make the car better. Please don't take it the wrong way.
I am also unhappy I've got the luxury line, I don't know if I really want the car anymore... I was expecting to mod it, so I stand out from the crowd of mom and dads 3 series and leasers. For my car I did thorough research about putting on the m sport aero kit, changing the wheels, eisserman exhaust, blacking the chrome, replacing grill, changing suspension, etc. But I quickly realized it's not worth the money IMO.

What most people on here don't understand that a lot of people cannot just order one online because most people don't have that much money. People like me, I just bought one at the lot and saved myself 15 grand rather than buying it online. I wouldn't be able to get anything other than a bare bones 320i with a 10k down payment if i ordered online...THEY DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE SPORT LINE ANYWHERE IN MY WHOLE PROVINCE. I didn't want to complain but my next car sure will not be a BMW. I think they really F-ED up for the customer with these stupid 3 lines (modern, luxury, sport). At first I thought it was a great idea to have the three lines; but the more I researched, the grimmer things got. People were complaining how they couldn't get things like saddle brown in their sport line, or how in Australia they bundled the bi xenons in some kind of largely expensive options that forced most people to go without, or how you couldn't get mineral white on a m sport (correct me if I'm wrong), etc.
Now I am singled out and don't have the sport suspension, don't have sport +, don't have sport wheels, don't have sport seats, don't have sport speedometer gauges, don't have contrast stitching with piping, don't have sport steering wheel, and don't have blacked out accents; and if i installed an m sport aero kit IMO it would be a waste of money and would be impractical and look tacky to a real enthusiast like me.

Honestly if i wanted anything "luxury" i would have just bought a used 5series or 7series, or just gone with mercedes or audi instead.

At the time of purchase I didn't know they singled the customer out like that and I didn't know they wouldn't include things like sport + and sport suspension in luxury and modern lines, even though they are all relatively the same price...

Why would it be only (correct me if I'm wrong) $1900 extra on the invoice online to get M sport package??? If you wanted to retrofit m sport its either going to not fully work and fit properly(suspension) you can void the warranty if you do certain things, or its going to cost $7000 - $9000 extra dollars?.... Am I dreaming?

website says: BAREBONES(no options yet, and without fees and taxes added) 328xi = $46,200... thats how much i paid for a NEW fully loaded luxury 328xi on a lot... how does that make any sense?

Maybe at the very least, I wouldn't expect it on a 320i or a base line 328i....

This is the rhythm of a company that doesn't know how to operate and keep prestige, the same rhythm that is releasing a so called "x4, 4 series gran coupe, 2 series, 4 series, ect.); the same rhythm that dropped the modern line 3 series even though having 3 lines of the 3 series was the whole point... I've gone through two 3 series already and have had about 4 recalls already and I just got the second car... One of the recalls was the infamous mis-manufactured cam shaft, which nearly led me to a collision..
Honestly what makes this brand so great? Financially I really do not know if they can just release this many lines so quickly and not go bankrupt. Quite a few models are to just fill "niches'" example, the 5series GT is apparently the worst selling BMW on the market. On a side note

I'm getting an impression from everyone who has a sport line or m sport; people who bought any thing other than screwed up and wasted their money, and that there is "always next time"

I already bought stuff for my mods but haven't installed them; I think I'm just going to leave the car stock and make the best of it.
Not sure I understand the point of your post or was it just to vent
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 10:45 PM   #48
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXL XLR8 View Post
I just received my retrofit kit today and it seems like all the parts are here except the white bar on the bottom of the image shown. Does anyone know what that piece is called and if it's needed

Thats the foam behind the bumper. Forgot the exact name but it is for safety and keeping the bumper from pressing in. I have not done this kit yet but I would think you could use your stock one still. I would still contact them though and let them know they are not including everything in the picture and see what they say. Worst case scenario that part is not a lot of money.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 11:18 PM   #49
DXL XLR8
Private First Class
Rep

Oh if it is foam then I got it. I thought it was just to protect the bumper during shipping.

Anyways I am missing part 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 in the diagram attached. Does anyone know if I need these parts or if I can use an existing part on my sportline.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #50
DXL XLR8
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXL XLR8
Oh if it is foam then I got it. I thought it was just to protect the bumper during shipping.

Anyways I am missing part 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 in the diagram attached. Does anyone know if I need these parts or if I can use an existing part on my sportline.
Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 02:24 AM   #51
FanboyBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328xi

How much was the exact cost? and where is the exact link please?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #52
miretni
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 28i

Just wondering, link please
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 06:23 PM   #53
sirhawes
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 328i Imperial Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyBMW
Do you guys think this will look stupid if you put an m sport bumper on a luxury line but kept the stock oem luxury line wheels on it? I just really cant see myself wasting money ($4000) on rims when my next car is most likely not going to be another 3 series let alone another bmw. What do u guys think
I have a 2012 modern line with an m sport front bumper, so i think its a good decision. Looks more sporty with still a look of luxury to it. I like
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 01:40 PM   #54
Blackstone
Rep
Drives: Audi A4/ BMW F30

Well
That's the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131065516485
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 02:17 PM   #55
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Or this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171235991683. Which is where I purchased my rear first, then did the front about 10 days later.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #56
ohmymayo24
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 / F30 328i

does anyone know around how much it would cost to get this painted and installed?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #57
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep

Paint/Install

For front and rear, paint and install I paid about $800 total from my local body shop and the work they did was perfect.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #58
ohmymayo24
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 / F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkancel View Post
For front and rear, paint and install I paid about $800 total from my local body shop and the work they did was perfect.
oh okay thanks, im not to familiar with body shops so i dont want to get robbed
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 04:25 PM   #59
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep

Body Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmymayo24 View Post
oh okay thanks, im not to familiar with body shops so i dont want to get robbed
Yes, I hadn't either which is why I only did the rear initially. First I didn't know the quality of the bumpers so I didn't want to drop a bunch of money to find out they didn't fit well or the product was crap. As soon as it arrived, I could tell it was high quality and the primer finish was nearly paint ready.

Secondly, I have never used a body shop here in CA since living here as of 1999 so I was worried the body shop would mess it up, do a crappy job of painting or any number of other issues. Fortunately they were amazing. Price was fair and work was excellent. After that, I immediately ordered the font and did that one. Just check around, forum is good as a lot of Cali people on here will have recommendations in your area.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #60
vip
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Alpine White M5

Anyone know where to find the similar replica m sport front bumper with PDC and fog lights?
      04-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #61
Demetrius Joel
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BSM/CR M235i

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Can you send me the link as we'll.
Appreciate 0