F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > AWE Tuning exhaust review for my F31
ARMA SPEED

03-24-2015, 10:15 AM   #1
Jimminez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M-Sport

AWE Tuning exhaust review for my F31

Last month, the guys at AWE Tuning announced their venture in to the BMW world with some new exhaust systems. I was excited to hear as I had an AWE Tuning Touring System on my 2012 Audi S4 and it sounded awesome.

I contacted AWE and was able to get my hands on one of the first systems for the 328i, and the very first for the F31 Touring, a AWE Tuning BMW F3X N26 328i/428i Touring Edition Exhaust + F3X N26 Performance Mid Pipe, Single Side -- Diamond Black Tips (80mm). Made arrangements for installation at my local shop, Bryan at Rodgers Performance, who has taken care of all my aftermarket installations for my last few vehicles.

Package arrived on Feb 17th and was in the shop on Feb 19th. As you can see, system can well packaged to ensure no damage during shipping.

All the instructions need necessary hardware and supporting items included.

Looking at the details of the system, from the clean welding work to the hanger supports with the AWE logo, everything looked as one would expect for a top quality product. I was and am impressed with what I got.

D

After checking to make sure we had everything, the tear down started. Took a couple hours to get everything off and new system on in it’s final state.

Everything fit well. Since I was the first system to hit the market for my car, AWE and Rodgers worked through some tweaks that are now standard on the full production systems (there was a small section of the mid pipe that was a little short and the hanger was sitting a little high, which meant the system sat low).

AWE swiftly got their 328i development car (the wagon) in their shop and quickly had a new midpipe section on the way, which resolved both concerns I had. Thumbs up to great service. I could have left out discussing this small issue, but felt that the service for getting it resolved required mentioning. These guys took care of it quickly being in constant communication and replying quickly.

Here’s what the two midpipes looked like. They made a two piece pipe that could be adjusted to center the hanger and lowered the hanger as well to raise it up a bit.

Here is what the stock system looks like compared to the new AWE Tuning system.

D

This thing sounds awesome and really brings a whole new life to the 328i engine.

Here are clips from the very first time we started it up after installing the system from the outside and inside.

Then turned the car over to Bryan so I could get some clips of how it sounds being driven.

Having two kids (ages 4 and 9) and using the car as a daily driver, this system is a perfect combination of being a perfectly docile cruiser but then really coming alive when the gas pedal is pushed. Which is exactly what I wanted.

For anyone looking for a system, I highly recommend considering the options from AWE Tuning. They may be new to the BMW scene but have been around for a while with other cars and is a preferred choice with other cars for a reason.

Feel free to pm or ask any questions.

Past - F31 M Sport Estoril Blue - Thread - Pic

Current - 2021 Audi RS6 Avant
Appreciate 5
      03-24-2015, 12:41 PM   #2
MisterPhilip
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '15 328xi F31

I think I know what's going on my wagon next

Thanks for the write-up and vids!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #3
Jimminez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPhilip View Post
I think I know what's going on my wagon next

Thanks for the write-up and vids!
Glad I could help.

Past - F31 M Sport Estoril Blue - Thread - Pic

Current - 2021 Audi RS6 Avant
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
Josh/AWE
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F80 M3 Comp

Thank you so much for your thorough review and the great videos!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 07:30 AM   #5
goon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i AW

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [10.00]
Fantastic review, great pics and videos

Looking forward to my AWE on order
      05-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #6
Andrew/AWE
United_States
Rep

Drives: AWE M4, AWE 328

See more of Jimminez's car on our website in his own #aweinthewild gallery!

Check it out here. http://www.awe-tuning.com/unlocked/i...nkos-f31-328it
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2015, 10:44 PM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Thanks for the review

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1