F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > [Official] Post Your Deals! / Feedback On Your Quotes
VIBE Motorsports

Yesterday, 12:38 PM   #2135
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by userjorts View Post
I currently lease a 2016 228...I have 5 payments left totalling around 2,700. The dealer offered me a 2018 320i xdrive with premium and convenience packages plus PDC and heated steering wheel....MSRP IS $44,635 new...the car was the service loaner and has about 3500 miles on it. They worked my remaining lease payments into the new lease.

36m/15k monthly payment is about $490 with nothing down, I'm also over the miles on the 228 but only by about 1300 so they are waiving the $260.

Am I making a mistake on the lease? Payments would've been around $410 if I didn't have payments left on my 228.
That deal is atrocious. A previous loaner vehicle should be heavily discounted, and a 320i only should be ~$300/month with nothing down.

For $500/month I would expect a 340i!!
Appreciate 1
kern417493.50

Yesterday, 01:55 PM   #2136
KLNLQIm
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarecrowBoat View Post
That deal is atrocious. A previous loaner vehicle should be heavily discounted, and a 320i only should be ~$300/month with nothing down.

For $500/month I would expect a 340i!!
he rolled in a few current car payments + doing 15k a year. personally i wouldn't do it, but i'm not sure how to factor all of that other stuff in
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:58 PM   #2137
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Still need to review the full breakdown of the deal to know if the dealer "covering" any lease payments is legit. In the absence of an official pull ahead program from BMW the dealer isn't going to do the customer any "favors" it is possible there was money left on the table in the deal to allow them to cover remaining payments. for example if you have $600 in payments left they may be charging $600 more than fair market sale price for the car...
When there is an official pull ahead there will be specific terms ie"BMWFS will waive 3 months" meaning the cost of the payments never hits the dealer, BMW financial just writes them off in favor of the new vehicle.
What I'm saying is that is the kind of deal that would put me in a new car early. i would not make payments to lease a car for months that I'm not leasing it. Otherwise you're just throwing the money away.

A lease is pretty simple compared to financing because the cost is fixed. If you signed a contract to pay $20k to drive it 3 years, why would you pay the same price to only drive it 2.5?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #2138
xlover
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 440 xdrive MPPSK

Garage List
2018 440 xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Still need to review the full breakdown of the deal to know if the dealer "covering" any lease payments is legit. In the absence of an official pull ahead program from BMW the dealer isn't going to do the customer any "favors" it is possible there was money left on the table in the deal to allow them to cover remaining payments. for example if you have $600 in payments left they may be charging $600 more than fair market sale price for the car...
When there is an official pull ahead there will be specific terms ie"BMWFS will waive 3 months" meaning the cost of the payments never hits the dealer, BMW financial just writes them off in favor of the new vehicle.
What I'm saying is that is the kind of deal that would put me in a new car early. i would not make payments to lease a car for months that I'm not leasing it. Otherwise you're just throwing the money away.

A lease is pretty simple compared to financing because the cost is fixed. If you signed a contract to pay $20k to drive it 3 years, why would you pay the same price to only drive it 2.5?
Right fully agree on that point, my comments were more on the concept of a dealer waiving payments to pull ahead.... only bmwfs can do that... so even though someone thinks they are getting payments waived in reality what is happening is exactly what you called out above, payments being rolled into the next deal
Appreciate 1
kern417493.50

Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #2139
userjorts
Rep
Drives: 228i

So I had an awful experience at the dealership. I negotiated the 320 down to $470/month...I still felt like I could've gotten a better deal especially for a car that had 3500 miles on it already. I think I'm gonna renegotiate for a 330 xdrive...what I'd like and built had an MSRP of $50,260. What kind of numbers should I look for including them taking my current 228 with about $2,700 due on it?
Appreciate 0