F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > ASIA > HK F30 Driver
proTUNING Freaks

09-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #309
CrankyMan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325Ci Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
No la, the unladen weight is the same regardless of place of manufacture - 1530kg for standard 328i w/8AT built to EU-spec and German standard equipment. From day one the 328i is eligible for EFV rebate.
Wht I've heard from a rival German brand in HK is that the EPD have sole discretion regarding applications & there's no appeal process in case of disputes.
There are quite a number of European cars that are eligible for EFV rebate but got their application turned down by the EPD.

Sorry, you are wrong in saying it is the same all throughout! It depends on the follows:
1/. The parts used in assembling the cars. i.e., for the same model, some production plants use similar or alternate approved parts made locally (to satisfy some countries' requirement). (e.g., Chinese plant vs. German)
2/. Depending on the options selected. (Like the 8 AT gearbox added)
That is why in the catalogue, they just specify a range rather than an exact figure.
As for what you mentioned "From day one the 328i is eligible for EFV rebate', it may be just your own interpretation of the policy! As regards to the other European cars failed to get the allowances, I heard they failed either in the gas emission aspect or insufficient supporting documents submitted by the local importers!
In fact, you are correct in saying that EPD has the sole discretion in these applications. But, I truly believe that our civil servants are a group of fairly efficient officers in dealing with normal, standard or routine tasks (just like issuing driving licence etc.). But, when faced with non-routine tasks or controversial issues, they become very bureaucratic, procedure-driven and dogmatic! I sympathise with your case as I also failed to get a Germany assembled 328i with EPV allowance!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #310
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyMan View Post

Sorry, you are wrong in saying it is the same all throughout! It depends on the follows:
1/. The parts used in assembling the cars. i.e., for the same model, some production plants use similar or alternate approved parts made locally (to satisfy some countries' requirement). (e.g., Chinese plant vs. German)
2/. Depending on the options selected. (Like the 8 AT gearbox added)
That is why in the catalogue, they just specify a range rather than an exact figure.
As for what you mentioned "From day one the 328i is eligible for EFV rebate', it may be just your own interpretation of the policy! As regards to the other European cars failed to get the allowances, I heard they failed either in the gas emission aspect or insufficient supporting documents submitted by the local importers!
In fact, you are correct in saying that EPD has the sole discretion in these applications. But, I truly believe that our civil servants are a group of fairly efficient officers in dealing with normal, standard or routine tasks (just like issuing driving licence etc.). But, when faced with non-routine tasks or controversial issues, they become very bureaucratic, procedure-driven and dogmatic! I sympathise with your case as I also failed to get a Germany assembled 328i with EPV allowance!
If u read carefully the brochure, it states the unladen weight of a 328i w/8AT is homologated with a weight of 1530kg. The homologation is done on a car equipped to basic spec for the German market, which in other words meaning barebones. HK-spec weighs much more than 1530kg due to the additional standard equipment (e.g. automatic a/c, electric seats, etc. etc.). If u read off the table from HKEPD u'll see it falls in the 1516kg-1766kg group. This is the absolute minimum weight for a 328iA.
SA made cars are no different to German cars in terms of weight if built to German equipment spec, as a large proportion of the components are of the same source & spec as German cars. HK-bound SA cars are also homologated to EU-spec. In actual fact, SA-made SA-spec cars also have a homologated weight of 1530kg, measured to the same standard & having very similar standard equipment spec to German-spec cars.
True, the weight may be different between plants but it's not true for SA-made cars to EU-spec. It is also not true for SA-made cars for US markets - they have the same homologated weight in US. The Chinese plant is different cos they make LWB version which is heavier.
The fact that the 328i is eligible since day one is not my interpretation, u just need to read off the HKEPD table to know it's eligible (it's fuel consumption is way lower than the requirement under 1516-1766 group). Emissions of the N20 is no problem cos if the 528i is eligible then the 328i will also be due to the same drivetrain & lighter weight.
There's no way the importer will make mistakes in submitting the required documents, cos part of the type approval process in HK requires emissions measurement documents from the factory. Due to mutual recognition the factory will always submit all EU-type approval documents to the relevant authorities in HK to facilitate the process.
Even if some documents are missing they can submit them again, which means a delay in approval & not just outright refusal. There are a few cases which I can list out being rather suspicious.
Btw, I'm not one of the victims of the arbitrariness of the HK govt.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #311
ernest_ccc
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by oedipol View Post
wow your car is not even run in yet! the setup sounds promising ! might give it a try! did u order online or bought from a local dealer?
I used it on my previous car, and sent back to TMC for free reprogramming to F30 328, just bought the new connecting wire from them which cost GBP65 plus postage fee.

You can order online or via some local garage. To my understanding, no dealer in HK so far.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #312
hinzb
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30-328i Sport

Hello Everyone...I picked up my 328i Sport Line(Alpine White + Black Interior) for about one mth...Nice to meet you all ~

btw...I m suffering all the typical F30 problems...rusting chair base, can't stop auto wiper function (+jumpy!) & the wind noisy in high speed

Anyway... I 'm going back to service centre to fix them in Thursday....other than these "minor'' problems....F30 is really a nice one ..haha !
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 03:48 AM   #313
F30 M-sport
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
I used it on my previous car, and sent back to TMC for free reprogramming to F30 328, just bought the new connecting wire from them which cost GBP65 plus postage fee.

You can order online or via some local garage. To my understanding, no dealer in HK so far.
After tuning your 328i with TMC, do you feel increase in turbo lag (or less throttle response) from the engine?
Also, any increase in oil or coolant temperatures?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #314
vincent813
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328i (White), Jag XF, E39

almost 1/10 ? still up for the gathering or not ?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #315
ernest_ccc
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30 M-sport View Post
After tuning your 328i with TMC, do you feel increase in turbo lag (or less throttle response) from the engine?
Also, any increase in oil or coolant temperatures?
Actually, the low torque still strong, no significant turbo lag. I am currently setting level 6/9. Feel completely different car in Sport mode.

Haven't compare the coolant temperature as not keep running Fast for long distance.

The fuel consumption is almost the same or even less than before. Still staying in around 12.6-12.8L/100km.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #316
F30 M-sport
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi Ernie,
That's good to know, as I will also consider the TMC for my car when it arrives. By the way, what is your next modification? sport exhaust? or air intake?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #317
KCL
Rep
Drives: E36 E46 E90 F30 C63 CLA45

Anyone can help, what is the exact arrival date for Aug production ?
I am waiting for my 328 Msport.
Many Thks !!!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #318
mmroland
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Hi All, Will anyone with interest to coming out for garther as to share the information, i.e. Modification, problem..... Surely it will be a joyful meet up for F30 Owners.

As didn't found Oct 01 gather be succeed.....
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 03:36 AM   #319
francis_william
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmroland View Post
Hi All, Will anyone with interest to coming out for garther as to share the information, i.e. Modification, problem..... Surely it will be a joyful meet up for F30 Owners.

As didn't found Oct 01 gather be succeed.....
Yea, i am interested, just throw out some location and time, and see how others respond
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #320
vincent813
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328i (White), Jag XF, E39

Sounds good to me . but mine is still original stock .... LOL only some outlooks
Any Ching park in Telford today ? Number plate LH 88_ in white
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #321
Tigermow
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328i mSport/ POR 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCL View Post
Anyone can help, what is the exact arrival date for Aug production ?
I am waiting for my 328 Msport.
Many Thks !!!
Heard no shipment lately. May be later in the month. So more wait for Aug production cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #322
mmroland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_william View Post
Yea, i am interested, just throw out some location and time, and see how others respond

Hi William and other HK F30 owner in this forum,

How about this Sunday afternoon around 2:30pm in Kowloon Bay Interntional exhibition outside ? Just simple gather and discuss shortly to get to know each other ??

Anyone interest then list down as below of Name, Model & Colour ?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #323
mmroland
Rep

Quote:

How about this Sunday afternoon around 2:30pm in Kowloon Bay Interntional exhibition outside ? Just simple gather and discuss shortly to get to know each other ??

So, after my post with no Ching interest to meet up. Event closed.

Thanks to All.

Hope sometimes then you all have interest.....

Happy Driving !
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #324
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigermow View Post
Heard no shipment lately. May be later in the month. So more wait for Aug production cars.
Aug production is now on their way to Singapore for transshipment. ETA in HK around 24/10, if it's on the Marvelous Ace.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #325
hinzb
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30-328i Sport

Quote:
So, after my post with no Ching interest to meet up. Event closed.

Thanks to All.

Hope sometimes then you all have interest.....

Happy Driving !
Hi guys....I've joined a F20 & F30 owners meeting in yesterday morning...(5 F30s...all Alphine white! + more than 20 F20s). Actually the meeting was created by F20 118i owners FB group...ts pretty cool as many of them have really strong tech skills & also they have invited K&N to intro their air filter during the meeting...you guys should join in & we can go mthly gathering & tech. sharing together~

Go Search FB group BMW F20 118i HK owners club...

Lemme know if you want to have the FB link...hope to see u guys soon
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #326
francis_william
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i sport

Quote:

opps... sorry.... just read your post >.<

I was there in kowloon bay exhibition last Saturday with my friend shopping for a estate type of car!

Yea.... not much F30s here!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #327
ernest_ccc
Rep

I would like to know some more F30 owners too. I couldn't join the last F20/F30 gathering last weekend as out of town.

See if any upcoming meetings for blow blow water lar.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #328
F30 Black Sapphire
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Black Sapphire

I want to have these meeting also.

But I'm not always in HK. Anyway can organize?

Previous : BMW E30 325i/BMW E36 328i/E46 330i/BMW E90 335i (AW) MB SLK200
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #329
makonto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ///M

test
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 03:51 AM   #330
j.c
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhk View Post
Hello guys!

Just ordered a white 328i M sport with red interior, plus the following options: Harman Kardon, Reverse Camera, Surround View and Comfort Access.

Hopefully will retrofit Navigation professional, internet, apps, etc. locally after delivery in November.
awhk ching, has ur car arrived yet? or know when will it arrive?
Appreciate 0