F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > 🚗 **Seeking Advice for My BMW 330i F30 (2015, B48B20O0 248hp) Troubles** 🛠️
ARMA SPEED

04-06-2024, 06:50 AM   #1
Sb1000
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i F30 2015

Red face 🚗 **Seeking Advice for My BMW 330i F30 (2015, B48B20O0 248hp) Troubles** 🛠️

Hey everyone,

I'm facing some challenges with my BMW 330i F30 I ve bought 1 month ago, engine model B48B20O0 from 2015, and hoping to gather insights or advice from this knowledgeable community.

Here are the symptoms I'm experiencing:
- **Vapor Release**: There's vapor coming out from the cap of the expansion tank, alongside leaks in several places around the hoses.
- **Thermostat Issue**: The thermostat seems not to be functioning correctly. It's worth noting that the thermostat has been replaced, but this did not resolve the issues.
- **Overheating**: The car overheats without any error messages indicating this issue. Additionally, the hood becomes extremely hot, almost boiling to the touch.
- **Oil Leaks**: Noticed oil leaks around the oil filter housing.
- **ABS and Driving Stabilization Error**: The error message related to ABS and driving stabilization is consistently present, indicating a persistent issue.
- **Sport Mode Issue**: The car recently started having issues with staying in sport mode. I can switch to sport or sport plus mode while stopped, but it switches back to comfort mode a few seconds after I start moving.
- **Coolant Consumption**: It's consuming a lot of coolant, requiring refills after every drive, even short ones like 5 minutes. Haven't checked the water pump yet.
- **Driving Performance**: When driving, everything seems normal in terms of power, and there's no white or blue smoke coming from the exhaust.
- **Starting Issues**: Starting the engine has recently become difficult, necessitating the connection of a second battery but on this I think it is the battery.

Given all these symptoms, I'm really concerned about the health of my car. Do you think the engine might be blown? Any advice on what could be causing these issues or recommendations on what to check next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help and insights! 🙏

Last edited by Sb1000; 04-06-2024 at 06:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 07:41 AM   #2
AlmondJayRoM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Only a guess but head gasket issues. This needs to go to a shop and not be driven until diagnosed. If the engine isn’t toast already it will be if you keep driving it in this condition.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 07:45 AM   #3
scubajim
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F33

Unfortunately, if there are no obvious coolant leaks and you are losing coolant your problems might start with a blown head gasket. Driving it would not be advisable. You really need to take it to a professional for an evaluation. Good luck.