F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > F36 Mod Recommendations?
Studio RSR

06-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #1
OchoChino
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21' M8 Competition Gran Coupe

F36 Mod Recommendations?

Will be taking delivery of my F36 in about a week or so!

I want to prepare for the lovely car as soon as possible.

So far, I know for a fact that I need the car coded, especially the Video in Motion.

Other than that, I don't know much about coding but is there anything that my fellow bimmerpost members can recommend me?

As well as the exhaust, is it better off to do a Resignator/Muffler delete or purchase a exhaust system itself? Unfortunately, I didn't opt in for the M Performance exhaust or the Power Kit.

Other than that, is there anything that my fellow F36 members can also assist me with? Anything to make my F36 stand out when compared to other F36's in my neighborhood? (So far, I've noticed about 2-3 of them in different color, as mine is Estroil Blue).

Thank you in advance!
Jay.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 01:45 PM   #2
Sayzar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i GC 2020 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoChino View Post
Will be taking delivery of my F36 in about a week or so!

I want to prepare for the lovely car as soon as possible.

So far, I know for a fact that I need the car coded, especially the Video in Motion.

Other than that, I don't know much about coding but is there anything that my fellow bimmerpost members can recommend me?

As well as the exhaust, is it better off to do a Resignator/Muffler delete or purchase a exhaust system itself? Unfortunately, I didn't opt in for the M Performance exhaust or the Power Kit.

Other than that, is there anything that my fellow F36 members can also assist me with? Anything to make my F36 stand out when compared to other F36's in my neighborhood? (So far, I've noticed about 2-3 of them in different color, as mine is Estroil Blue).

Thank you in advance!
Jay.
First congrats on a great car that you don't see many on the roads
for sure have the car coded.
here are my list of mods so you get an idea
1. Front lip by Light Weight
2. M performance rear diffuser (painted to match r=the car)
3. M performance exhaust with burger turner tips
4. KW Variant 1 coil overs
5. 19' BBS CI-R
6. Bridgestone PP04 Summer performance tires
7. Custom painted Calipers in Sukuda grey
8. Custom painted engine cover in Nardo grey
9. AFE power cold air intake
10. Color body matching reflectors all around
11. 35% tint sides and rear
12. Motorized hidden plate from show & go
13. fully coded
14. IND 435 badge in black
15. Custom BMW front and rear decals in Black & white

Last edited by Sayzar; 06-15-2017 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2017, 08:58 PM   #3
OchoChino
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayzar View Post
First congrats on a great car that you don't see many on the roads
for sure have the car coded.
here are my list of mods so you get an idea
1. Front lip by Light Weight
2. M performance rear diffuser (painted to match r=the car)
3. M performance exhaust with burger turner tips
4. KW Variant 1 coil overs
5. 19' BBS CI-R
6. Bridgestone PP04 Summer performance tires
7. Custom painted Calipers in Sukuda grey
8. Custom painted engine cover in Nardo grey
9. AFE power cold air intake
10. Color body matching reflectors all around
11. 35% tint sides and rear
12. Motorized hidden plate from show & go
13. fully coded
14. IND 435 badge in black
15. Custom BMW front and rear decals in Black & white

Looks stunning

I've already begun and started research on the front lip, rear diffuser and the iND 435i badge.

Unfortunately, I do not have the M-Performance Exhaust..

If you don't mind me asking, do you know any shops you can recommend me in the NY area? I wouldn't mind taking a drive out to NJ but I have a pending warrant because I failed to respond to my speeding ticket I received a few months back.

I really love and dig your taste on this F36, tastefully modded and was wondering, since mine was Estroil Blue, was wondering what color combination would be great for the car? I was thinking Electric Yellow for the brake callipers.

I do believe I need something to cover my plates, but had seen bad reviews with the show & go motorized hidden plates, seeing as they break? I was thinking of going with ghost plates with AutoSportsBX. The ones that slide down instead of flipping up and down.

As far as coding-wise, what do you mean fully coded?

Thank you for your help!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 09:33 AM   #4
Sayzar
Major
Rep

Quote:
Looks stunning

I've already begun and started research on the front lip, rear diffuser and the iND 435i badge.

Unfortunately, I do not have the M-Performance Exhaust..

If you don't mind me asking, do you know any shops you can recommend me in the NY area? I wouldn't mind taking a drive out to NJ but I have a pending warrant because I failed to respond to my speeding ticket I received a few months back.

I really love and dig your taste on this F36, tastefully modded and was wondering, since mine was Estroil Blue, was wondering what color combination would be great for the car? I was thinking Electric Yellow for the brake callipers.

I do believe I need something to cover my plates, but had seen bad reviews with the show & go motorized hidden plates, seeing as they break? I was thinking of going with ghost plates with AutoSportsBX. The ones that slide down instead of flipping up and down.

As far as coding-wise, what do you mean fully coded?

Thank you for your help!
Thank you
fully coded meaning my car has all the codes possible to many to list
as for the brakes calipers yellow would look good depending on what wheels you have or getting, my boy has the same car and color as you and he's doing copper wheels. It really depends on your taste for me i really don't like to over kill it

I do most of the stuff my self, below is the 2 places I've gone to get work done
Auto Couture - Coil Overs ( see Alex )
Great Neck Collision - Calipers, engine cover and rear diffuser painted (see Matt)

good shop would be The Custom Shop in Long Island City ( see Brett ) good people they wont jerk you, my brother had them do all the work on his M4
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #5
OchoChino
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayzar View Post
Thank you
fully coded meaning my car has all the codes possible to many to list
as for the brakes calipers yellow would look good depending on what wheels you have or getting, my boy has the same car and color as you and he's doing copper wheels. It really depends on your taste for me i really don't like to over kill it

I do most of the stuff my self, below is the 2 places I've gone to get work done
Auto Couture - Coil Overs ( see Alex )
Great Neck Collision - Calipers, engine cover and rear diffuser painted (see Matt)

good shop would be The Custom Shop in Long Island City ( see Brett ) good people they wont jerk you, my brother had them do all the work on his M4
I was actually going for the 19" Vorsteiner V-FF 106 Flow Forged Carbon Graphite Rims!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 08:30 AM   #6
Sayzar
Major
Rep

Quote:
I was actually going for the 19" Vorsteiner V-FF 106 Flow Forged Carbon Graphite Rims!
those are nice, i was looking at those just was not a fan to the rear size they offer.

if you are looking for a set call EAS in La and speak with Kevin Scott
he'll give you a good deal on them
Appreciate 0