F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N55 HPFP problems
proTUNING Freaks

08-27-2022, 07:44 AM   #1
Kdebraux
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw 335i

Exclamation N55 HPFP problems

So I've been in the process of building my car for about the last year it is a 2014 f30 with a 2013 build date(this is important). My oem hpfp failed years ago and I replaced it with another oem hpfp at the time. Well as some point mid 2014 bmw changed the connector for the hpfp so when I got my new oem pump and saw that it had a different connector I went to the dealership and they said that they no longer sell pumps with the pre2014 connection on it but they would sell me the harness side connection and I would just have to cut the old one off and replace it with the new one. Cool. So now fast forward to 2022 I picked up a spool fx180 used off of someone that also had a 2014 fx. The problem now is that the fx180 has the old style plug. I went to the dealership to order one I gave them my Vin number and a few days and $10 later it showed up but it was the newer style. So I went back brought the fx180 with me to show them the problem and explain the situation, and they said that when a product is updated in their system that it is updated across the board regardless of what equipment the car was originally produced with. Meaning that the only way for me to order the original connector that was on the car is if I have the part number. So if anyone has a pre 2014 Fx n55 car and could get me the part number for the harness side HPFP connection I would greatly appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 08:05 AM   #2
SuperLomi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

Try Realoem.com
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 08:43 AM   #3
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdebraux View Post
So I've been in the process of building my car for about the last year it is a 2014 f30 with a 2013 build date(this is important). My oem hpfp failed years ago and I replaced it with another oem hpfp at the time. Well as some point mid 2014 bmw changed the connector for the hpfp so when I got my new oem pump and saw that it had a different connector I went to the dealership and they said that they no longer sell pumps with the pre2014 connection on it but they would sell me the harness side connection and I would just have to cut the old one off and replace it with the new one. Cool. So now fast forward to 2022 I picked up a spool fx180 used off of someone that also had a 2014 fx. The problem now is that the fx180 has the old style plug. I went to the dealership to order one I gave them my Vin number and a few days and $10 later it showed up but it was the newer style. So I went back brought the fx180 with me to show them the problem and explain the situation, and they said that when a product is updated in their system that it is updated across the board regardless of what equipment the car was originally produced with. Meaning that the only way for me to order the original connector that was on the car is if I have the part number. So if anyone has a pre 2014 Fx n55 car and could get me the part number for the harness side HPFP connection I would greatly appreciate it.
Realoem website typically shows the whole history of previous part numbers and new part numbers that replaced them. Sometimes you need to drill down on a number to find that information
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 08:51 PM   #4
zinner
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: `17 X5 35d/`15 335i/`18 M550IX

Call the dealer and give them the part number and with a little help from the friendly parts guy you can get the updated numbers. I have instances where the realoem part # is out of date, I am talking the most recent number is out of date.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 03:15 PM   #5
Kdebraux
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
Call the dealer and give them the part number and with a little help from the friendly parts guy you can get the updated numbers. I have instances where the realoem part # is out of date, I am talking the most recent number is out of date.
That's the problem, I need the out of date part number, and the dealership said they can't help with that due to how their systems get updated. I searched realoem and can't seem to find any part number for the connector
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 04:30 PM   #6
LA1Z24
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M Sport

Dorch HPFP's come with an adapter harness. Maybe you can contact them and buy some parts from them
Appreciate 0