F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > gts style taillights from bavgruppe?
proTUNING Freaks

09-06-2022, 08:37 AM   #1
Dvtchmxn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 440ix, '16 228ix (Sold)

Garage List
gts style taillights from bavgruppe?

I was going to get the ones for my f32 from kies but then I saw one on bavgruppe for about $150 cheaper. its just that I don't want to sacrifice quality for price. Anyone have any experience with bavgruppe?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 08:52 AM   #2
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvtchmxn View Post
I was going to get the ones for my f32 from kies but then I saw one on bavgruppe for about $150 cheaper. its just that I don't want to sacrifice quality for price. Anyone have any experience with bavgruppe?
theyre the same taillights made by the same place in china.

if the vendor doesn't have bad reviews in terms of customer service/return policy, then it's perfectly fine to buy from them.

i do like to buy from kies if they're selling something i need, they have good customer service and i appreciate their support for bmw community. but most people don't care about stuff like that.
Appreciate 2
johnung4528.00
      09-08-2022, 02:51 PM   #3
chhappy7
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxik View Post
theyre the same taillights made by the same place in china.

if the vendor doesn't have bad reviews in terms of customer service/return policy, then it's perfectly fine to buy from them.

i do like to buy from kies if they're selling something i need, they have good customer service and i appreciate their support for bmw community. but most people don't care about stuff like that.
It's not that people don't care about stuff like that. It's rather that people care, but not enough to pay hundreds more than what you can get it for elsewhere for the exact same stuff. GTS tail light, for example, is like 600 or so on Kies vs 390 (I got it for 250 but I guess it's gone up a lot since then) on Amazon.

Kies does provide the customer service, but at least for me, it's not worth paying 2x for the exact same parts.
      09-08-2022, 03:00 PM   #4
DrBall
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

i just ordered a set from bayoptiks, arrived in a Vland box that i could have bought on amazon for $150 cheaper.. bayoptiks has a no return policy so i learned my lesson the hard way.

just buy the vland version and save some coin.. learn from my mistake
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 03:33 PM   #5
toxik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhappy7 View Post
It's not that people don't care about stuff like that. It's rather that people care, but not enough to pay hundreds more than what you can get it for elsewhere for the exact same stuff. GTS tail light, for example, is like 600 or so on Kies vs 390 (I got it for 250 but I guess it's gone up a lot since then) on Amazon.

Kies does provide the customer service, but at least for me, it's not worth paying 2x for the exact same parts.
i agree to an extent. but there are other aspects to it too, for example quality control, or even packaging. i ordered a part from a vendor that sells replica body parts, very well known. the packaging was terrible, no padding, box was ripped and as thin as it gets. i returned it due to damage. ordered same part from kies and it came with do not stack stickers, thicker box, etc. both parts were from the same taiwanese company that the vendors just resell in the US.

is it always worth the extra money? no, of course not. and that's why i say, just buy from the cheaper option if you're looking to save money. nothing wrong with that. I just don't see anything wrong with willing to pay more money, like if it comes out to $100 more than a cheaper alternative on amazon or ebay. I got a lot of good info from brian's videos on youtube, and I like the annual charity meet they do and stuff. In this day and age, plenty of people support creators with merch purchases or patreon, I see this as one of the same tbh.

Last edited by toxik; 09-08-2022 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0