F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Air conditioner noise drives me crazy
Extreme Powerhouse

09-07-2022, 10:51 AM   #1
BITELCHUS_1980
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Air conditioner noise drives me crazy

Hi guys. I have a noise in the air conditioner of my f30 that is driving me crazy. No workshop I've been to is able to help me. Although I have seen in the 5 series forum that it is a problem that exists, I have not seen anything in the f30. The noise can be heard very well in the attached video. It is a video of an f10 but it is identical. It happens the same to me. Is very annoying. It only happens when the compressor is activated so that the air conditioning works. The lower the intensity of air required by the cabin, the more noticeable it is. At first I thought it was a lack of coolant, but even if I filled it up because it was half full, it didn't take long to do it again. There are people who have it and have no leaks in the system. But they also don't give them a known solution in bmw. It is clear that the problem exists but I don't know what it is... I am writing in case someone has had the same experience as me and can help me, or if he is an expert and can lend me a charitable hand. Thanks.

https://youtu.be/ebQRfvlh4Wk
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 01:45 PM   #2
Jelly_Belly
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i

Mmm funny enough my GF's fiat is making the same AC noises.

Assuming the AC still blows ice cold. Maybe it's air bubbles in the system? You could ask a shop to do a flush and refill the system
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 01:58 PM   #3
Jweise26
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BITELCHUS_1980 View Post
Hi guys. I have a noise in the air conditioner of my f30 that is driving me crazy. No workshop I've been to is able to help me. Although I have seen in the 5 series forum that it is a problem that exists, I have not seen anything in the f30. The noise can be heard very well in the attached video. It is a video of an f10 but it is identical. It happens the same to me. Is very annoying. It only happens when the compressor is activated so that the air conditioning works. The lower the intensity of air required by the cabin, the more noticeable it is. At first I thought it was a lack of coolant, but even if I filled it up because it was half full, it didn't take long to do it again. There are people who have it and have no leaks in the system. But they also don't give them a known solution in bmw. It is clear that the problem exists but I don't know what it is... I am writing in case someone has had the same experience as me and can help me, or if he is an expert and can lend me a charitable hand. Thanks.

https://youtu.be/ebQRfvlh4Wk
Picked up my '16 m235i this May at 50k miles. It does this as well and I havent been able to figure it out either. Definitely the compressor in there because its only when my AC is turned on too. Also more noticeable on lower fan speeds. At this point I've just toned it out and hardly notice it unless its dead quiet in the car.