F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Vehicle Check v Vehicle Inspection
proTUNING Freaks

09-07-2022, 11:20 AM   #1
SJ94
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Vehicle Check v Vehicle Inspection

Hi guys…

Can someone clarify the difference between the vehicle check and the vehicle inspection?

I just had my MOT done today and the vehicle inspection was advanced forward to 2023.

However, the vehicle check still states the same at 6000miles or 09/2023

What's the difference?

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 08:24 PM   #2
AlmondJayRoM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ94 View Post
Hi guys…

Can someone clarify the difference between the vehicle check and the vehicle inspection?

I just had my MOT done today and the vehicle inspection was advanced forward to 2023.

What's the difference?

Thanks
Vehicle inspection is just a reminder for you to do the MOT. You can change it to whatever date you want. Vehicle check is a maintenance item that is due and is telling you to take the vehicle in for service.
Appreciate 1
SJ947.50
      09-08-2022, 01:12 AM   #3
SJ94
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmondJayRoM3 View Post
Quote:
Hi guys…

What's the difference?

Thanks
Vehicle inspection is just a reminder for you to do the MOT. You can change it to whatever date you want. Vehicle check is a maintenance item that is due and is telling you to take the vehicle in for service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmondJayRoM3 View Post
Quote:
Hi guys…

What's the difference?

Thanks

Thanks mate, but what exactly is due? Is it the check they do when they send you a video? Seems a bit silly to take a car in just to be sent a video?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 07:27 AM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Inspection is the state safety/emissions inspection. If your state doesn't have this your dealer should have coded that out before delivery. Vehicle check items are listed in the Service and Warranty Information booklet that came with the car. It can also be downloaded.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 12:00 PM   #5
zeikei
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Thanks mate, but what exactly is due? Is it the check they do when they send you a video? Seems a bit silly to take a car in just to be sent a video?
Main (only?) reason to get that done at a dealer in my opinion is to ensure that if in the future you need to deal with corrosion warranty or any goodwill claims they cannot turn them down because you have not followed the maintenance schedule.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 12:17 PM   #6
SJ94
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Inspection is the state safety/emissions inspection. If your state doesn't have this your dealer should have coded that out before delivery. Vehicle check items are listed in the Service and Warranty Information booklet that came with the car. It can also be downloaded.
Nice one yeh! The state inspection in the U.K. is called a MOT, got that sorted!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 12:18 PM   #7
SJ94
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Vehicle Check v Vehicle Inspection

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeikei View Post
Quote:
Main (only?) reason to get that done at a dealer in my opinion is to ensure that if in the future you need to deal with corrosion warranty or any goodwill claims they cannot turn them down because you have not followed the maintenance schedule.
Thanks mate! Will get it booked in with the dealer for the vehicle check when it is due!
Appreciate 0