F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > 335i Ordering / Lease Deal
proTUNING Freaks

02-17-2013, 01:59 AM   #1
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Uber / Lyft / CTA

335i Ordering / Lease Deal

hey guys,
wanted to share this with you. can anyone tell me if 'driving' sense wise I'm missing anything? I had a 135i with Nav and I think I used it twice. Used my iphone more. Leather vs. leatherette, it really doesn't bother me. I can't justify paying $2200 for the premium pkg. I used to like when BMW offered comfort access as a stand-alone option for $500. Not anymore. btw, chances are, I will keep the car for 3 years and then do another ED. I'm planning to do one for this one.

2013 BMW 335i
M-Sport
Black Leatherette
18" M Light alloy wheels style 400 M with all-season tires
Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss
Heated Front Seats
Sport Automatic transmission with shift paddles
HK Sound

Total ED MSRP: $46,150
ED Invoice: $42,500

I'm going to be doing a ED, so the quoted price is:
Selling Price: $43300 (With no other markups on Rate, Acquisition Fee or any other dealer add-ons)
Loyalty Bonus $750 (used as downpayment)
MF: .00130
Residual: 62% of $49120 (29,472)
36 Months
12k a year
First Month + Tax on $750 + Tags due at Delivery
Monthly Payment: $515.79 (includes taxes + acquisition fee rolled in)

Another dealer has offered a sale price of: $43100 and his monthly is $527. That's because he hasn't incorporated the $750 incentive. Since I want a july delivery, none of the dealers want to lock in with BOTH incentives as they would expire after 60 days...

Is this a good deal guys? I'd ideally like the 15k miles a year. So will probably put some money down. Any other place where I can essentially negotiate?

The thing that confuses me is the deal listed above. $389 a month, based on a $4114 Cash due at signing is based on a car that has an MSRP of: $46,245.

My car's selling price is $43300 and yet it is nowhere near the advertised price. The difference is $2,945.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
marseille82
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
First for better driving experience i would add DHP to the option list. It really improves the ride.

Question for you: why are you going for all season tires? if you get summer tires, your speed limiter is raised to 155mph vs 130mph.

The $389 is with a large down payment and doesn't include taxes I believe. And downpayment on lease is usually not a good idea.

Seems like your quoted price is about $800 over invoice, which is fair IMO.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marseille82 View Post
First for better driving experience i would add DHP to the option list. It really improves the ride.

Question for you: why are you going for all season tires? if you get summer tires, your speed limiter is raised to 155mph vs 130mph.

The $389 is with a large down payment and doesn't include taxes I believe. And downpayment on lease is usually not a good idea.

Seems like your quoted price is about $800 over invoice, which is fair IMO.
I thought the increased speed limiter was part of getting the M-Sport? If that's the case, I'll probably go with the summer tires. I just wanted to avoid getting another set of winter tires. That's why. I will be planning to do a couple of MSDs to bring my payment lower.

Thing is, there is a local dealership that's doing $600 over invoice. He quoted me a price of $527 a month. Do the lease payments work out? do they sound fair?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Also with the options selected above, will I have issues connecting my iPod to listen to music? I'm OK with purchasing that extra cable if I have to add the functionality!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Also just found out about the BMW Select. Is that something I should even consider? I probably won't keep the car past it's 3 yr term & will probably go for another ED at the end of the term
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 01:27 AM   #6
Frzdrdhppy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i xD GT Estoril/Oyster

+1 on the DHP. Also, do you really want or will use the shift paddles? Most people that I know that got them rarely use them. There are a few threads here on that discussion. My $.02 would be to ditch the paddles and get the full cold weather package. The heated steering wheel is worth it in itself, especially here in the midwest!

Good luck, you are gonna love it!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frzdrdhppy View Post
+1 on the DHP. Also, do you really want or will use the shift paddles? Most people that I know that got them rarely use them. There are a few threads here on that discussion. My $.02 would be to ditch the paddles and get the full cold weather package. The heated steering wheel is worth it in itself, especially here in the midwest!

Good luck, you are gonna love it!
I have been reading those threads. Seems like not only do you get the paddles, but you get a gearbox that's slightly quicker than the normal 8-sp automatic. Unless I'm interpreting some of that incorrectly. I thought about the cold-weather package, and its definitely still something I debate with, but I don't think you can get the cold-weather pkg without getting Leather. And that's an added cost I don't think I need. I've take a look at Leatherette and am completely fine with them and find no need to have Leather!

and as far as the DHP is considered, some of the threads I read suggested people weren't too impressed with the DHP and thought it could have been something to live without...

Last edited by ssedha; 02-18-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Appreciate 0