F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > DRL off with Handbrake
Extreme Powerhouse

09-08-2017, 07:13 AM   #1
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328d xDrive M-S M-P

DRL off with Handbrake

Any way to code the DRL to turn off when the Handbrake is applied?

On a side note, I noticed something strange in the past few days. I always keep my headlight switch on O. When its dark enough for the headlights to turn on if I had the HL switch on AUTO, my tail lights come on (HL switch still on O), no other lights, not plate lights, not cluster lights, not front side markers, just DRL and tail. This feature is probably for retards that drive around with their DRL on all nigh because their gauge is always lit up.
Germans have overcome this issue years ago. The cluster will not illuminate without the headlights or at least parking lights are turned on. In my 06 A4 the cluster lit up during the day in DRL mode but slowly dims to completely off at the ambient lights diminishes.

Can I code out the auto tail light (lack of better terms) feature?
Appreciate 0