F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > ASIA > Insurance in HK for 328i
Studio RSR

11-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #1
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Insurance in HK for 328i

Hi,

How much do u guys pay for ur insurance? Pls give details e.g. NCB, excess etc.

Want to see wht's fair price.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
j.c
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

according to http://www.pingan.com.hk, around 4.9 to 5.4k for me with 60% ncb..i remember bmw sales quote for around 7k
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
j.c
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

confirmed with sales, around 6.6k with 60% ncb
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
Benzbrake
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328 Sport

Hi Clarance, I understand from the thread that you do some coding for your F30. Can you teach me how? I want to enable some options disabled in HK, and retrofitting extended instrument cluster.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzbrake View Post
Hi Clarance, I understand from the thread that you do some coding for your F30. Can you teach me how? I want to enable some options disabled in HK, and retrofitting extended instrument cluster.
I think u should ask awhk instead cos I haven't started coding my car yet. There are instructions u can download over at the coding thread in the DIY section.
As for option 6WA, don't think it's possible to retrofit without some very major work, & there's no guarantee that it'll work even if after u've managed to do some modifications. Basically the standard cluster is linked to the PT-CAN bus whereas the extended cluster is linked to both the PT-CAN and the MOST bus. So if u just do a straight swap & then coding it the cluster will not function fully cos the MOST bus connection is missing.
Btw, which missing feature u want to enable via coding?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
Benzbrake
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
I think u should ask awhk instead cos I haven't started coding my car yet. There are instructions u can download over at the coding thread in the DIY section.
As for option 6WA, don't think it's possible to retrofit without some very major work, & there's no guarantee that it'll work even if after u've managed to do some modifications. Basically the standard cluster is linked to the PT-CAN bus whereas the extended cluster is linked to both the PT-CAN and the MOST bus. So if u just do a straight swap & then coding it the cluster will not function fully cos the MOST bus connection is missing.
Btw, which missing feature u want to enable via coding?
Thanks for your message. I actually retrofited navigation via "comandexpert" and I wanted to show the street information in the cluster. Only the extended one will show.

Besides, I found my car not showing the "energy consumption" in the idrive (even before the retorfit). I am uncertain if this is due to country control or the cluster function. Do you have any hints?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
Benzbrake
Hong Kong
Rep

These are other things that I wanted to enable too via coding:
- Sport Display (showing torque and power)
- remember last settings of automatic start stop
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #8
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your message. I actually retrofited navigation via "comandexpert" and I wanted to show the street information in the cluster. Only the extended one will show.

Besides, I found my car not showing the "energy consumption" in the idrive (even before the retorfit). I am uncertain if this is due to country control or the cluster function. Do you have any hints?
Yes, only 6WA will show direction arrows on the cluster. It will be a very difficult retrofit due to the standard cluster not requiring MOST bus input, hence u're missing the fibre optic cable.
U mean energy consumption display being the fuel consumption histogram in idrive? If it is then yes, it's only available if u have 6WA.
Btw, how's the workmanship of commandexpert? Any bad fitting trim pieces after install? How long did it take to fit everything & how much?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 02:58 AM   #9
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
U should have sport display if u've retrofitted nav, didn't they code it for u?
Last setting of MSA can be done by BMWHK. I asked the sales to arrange for me before I collected the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 03:05 AM   #10
j.c
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

i found this at owner club. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2V2xXMXc#gid=3

but i never tried it. hope this can help~

Last edited by j.c; 01-06-2013 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
Benzbrake
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Yes, only 6WA will show direction arrows on the cluster. It will be a very difficult retrofit due to the standard cluster not requiring MOST bus input, hence u're missing the fibre optic cable.
U mean energy consumption display being the fuel consumption histogram in idrive? If it is then yes, it's only available if u have 6WA.
Btw, how's the workmanship of commandexpert? Any bad fitting trim pieces after install? How long did it take to fit everything & how much?

The retrofit work is not going well so far as the head unit does not support Chinese. He is helping me to order another one. Overall he has been very helpful and I actually retrofited COMAND in my previous W204 via him too. I shall keep updating you once the whole work is done.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #12
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The retrofit work is not going well so far as the head unit does not support Chinese. He is helping me to order another one. Overall he has been very helpful and I actually retrofited COMAND in my previous W204 via him too. I shall keep updating you once the whole work is done.
How abt the workmanship (i.e. any damaged trim panels, loose items etc)? The headunit, if ordered at time of production, is unique for HK/MAC/TW markets. They can probably hack a EU or US unit to work with HK maps. Does ur current HU have a Sirius label?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #13
Benzbrake
Hong Kong
Rep

there is a minor wounds inside the glovebox 6NF but not visible if I close the lid or add the phone adapter. It shouldn't be required to remove (well, cost of a guinea pig).

Overall he has been good. The most scary part is removal of the shark fin antenna and replacement of GPS included antenna.

The HU has a sirius label so I believe it's for EU market. He said he'll try to hack the unit for asian languages or order another one for me. Not sure if he's getting one from China directly. Taobao has some sellers selling HU too, I dare not to try as they seems to be selling EU ones too.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #14
awhk
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 SBM

Quote:
I have programmed both of these and sport display does not work on mine.

Any update on the language issue with command expert?
Appreciate 0