F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
proTUNING Freaks

06-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #199
omarliendo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport Line - Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntchow View Post
after you extract all 24 rar files it will package together a folder with 7 subfolders. you need to move those 7 subfolder into the C:\ESysData\psdzdata\ folder
AHHH! i got it. Thanks, Johntchow! (Now i just need to wait for the car to get here!!)
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #200
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgear66 View Post
Svache, i am looking at the "Installation" file for the E-sys and i need clarification on step 5. I did download all of the 24 "2_46.3_psdzdata.partX" files but now i need to copy the 7 folders that are inside every single one of the 24 "2_46.3_psdzdata.partX" folders into C:\ESysData\psdzdata\ folder?

Am i reading this correctly?
Yeah, I think you read it correctly. You basically need to unrar/unzip the whole bunch (all 24 of them, just do the first one and the rest goes automatically) and then copy the contents to that folder.

In the end it should look like this (I also opened the 'SWE' folder as you need to copy as well from that one directory to the other):

edit: lol I didn't realize the thread was on a new page already, guess my answer is a bit double now lol

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread

Last edited by svache; 06-15-2012 at 10:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #201
omarliendo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport Line - Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Yeah, I think you read it correctly. You basically need to unrar/unzip the whole bunch (all 24 of them, just do the first one and the rest goes automatically) and then copy the contents to that folder.

In the end it should look like this (I also opened the 'SWE' folder as you need to copy as well from that one directory to the other)

edit: lol I didn't realize the thread was on a new page already, guess my answer is a bit double now lol
haha it's ok, twice for redundancy
This visual was extremely helpful but i do not see your "EST" folder... where did you save that one?

Also... how do we nominate you to be the most helpful user?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #202
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgear66 View Post
haha it's ok, twice for redundancy
This visual was extremely helpful but i do not see your "EST" folder... where did you save that one?

Also... how do we nominate you to be the most helpful user?
lol the EST folder is on a different drive on this computer.. I installed e-sys here first without reading instructions.. so when it needed the token, I was too lazy to move it at the time

It's in the correct location on my 'coding laptop' though (C:\ESysData\e-sys est)

Most helpful? lol, thanks but it's just that I like to spam the forums at times

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 03:59 AM   #203
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
btw, just added a new version of the cheat sheet.. nothing too much has been added, been too busy with my new home the last few weeks. What I did add was the tail lights on with DLR's, the weatherband radio (dunno why it was not active but it's good to have, especially in risk areas imho), and something else but I forgot what it was again lol

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #204
Silver F30
Rep
Drives: F30 Sportline

So.....as mentioned before, I work at a BMW dealer in the service department. I thought I had an "in" by being able to use the ICOM unit that is plugged into the OBDII and has an ethernet cable coming out of it. Unless someone knows something I don't the ICOM will not work. It does not generate an IP address so my computer does not read it. Has anyone had any experience with the ICOM? I also tried to use a D-CAN which is what they use on older model BMWs and no luck either. Looks like I am going to have to build one schucks! And I agree with TOPGEAR66, SVACHE should be awarded some kind of an award. Thanks, SVACHE!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #205
demge01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320ed

Garage List
Quote:
lol the EST folder is on a different drive on this computer.. I installed e-sys here first without reading instructions.. so when it needed the token, I was too lazy to move it at the time

It's in the correct location on my 'coding laptop' though (C:\ESysData\e-sys est)

Most helpful? lol, thanks but it's just that I like to spam the forums at times
Hi just checking is the correct location as follows:
C:\ESysData\est\Code Away.est as that is the location described in E-Sys Installation PDF.
Or is it C:\ESysData\e-sys est

I think I'm getting there slowly! Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #206
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
Hi just checking is the correct location as follows:
C:\ESysData\est\Code Away.est as that is the location described in E-Sys Installation PDF.
Or is it C:\ESysData\e-sys est

I think I'm getting there slowly! Cheers.
Hehe it doesn't really matter where you put it, really. Like I said, I have it on a complete different drive on this computer.

The thing is, once you're in e-sys, one of the next steps is to actually point e-sys to that file. As long as you tell e-sys (I believe it's done in the options but it's stated in the instructions) where to find the 'code away.est' file, then it will all be ok

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #207
Poor Knight
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i Luxury line

Really intrigued by the Auto Start Stop default change. - that is something I would definitely do. Is it easy to switch so it is off all the time unless you turn it on?

2008 M3; 2010 X5; 2012 335i; 2016 X3; 2016 340i
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #208
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Knight View Post
Really intrigued by the Auto Start Stop default change. - that is something I would definitely do. Is it easy to switch so it is off all the time unless you turn it on?
Yeah it's pretty simple to do, both coding and the actual switching.

My personal preference is going out to the memory based setting, this way you can set it to whatever you want to have it. The car just turns on with the last used setting (whether that was on or off). The other setting is default off which is basically the same as it does from factory, but then always off, meaning you would have to turn it on if you want to make use of it.

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 02:36 AM   #209
demge01
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Great! I've set the E sys options tab to find it in the correct place.
My folder layout and directory matches the one posted above (except mine includes est between CAF and Etc)

Think I've done it right

Just waiting for my cable to arrive now.!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 04:06 AM   #210
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
Great! I've set the E sys options tab to find it in the correct place.
My folder layout and directory matches the one posted above (except mine includes est between CAF and Etc)

Think I've done it right

Just waiting for my cable to arrive now.!
looks like you're all set once the cable comes

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #211
dcshoes23
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Garage List
Hey Svache, I have a couple of questions from your video.

1. How do you get the dvd to take up whole screen? I tried going to advanced options and turning zoom on but it still doesn't go across the whole screen

2. How do you display the reverse camera without putting the car in reverse?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #212
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcshoes23 View Post
Hey Svache, I have a couple of questions from your video.

1. How do you get the dvd to take up whole screen? I tried going to advanced options and turning zoom on but it still doesn't go across the whole screen

2. How do you display the reverse camera without putting the car in reverse?

Thanks!
Hiyas! Let me answer them

1. I actually did this by going to the advanced options and turning on the zoom function. It works, however, only when the dvd is already in widescreen.. if the original DVD is in 4:3, then it will just zoom to 16:9.

2. This was done through coding. I chanced the necessary functions and then it was just a matter of pressing the PDC button. If it goes to top-view first (if you have this), then you need to change to the rear-view camera by selecting the option in the iDrive (second option from the top for me, you can see me chance this in the video).

I hope this helps

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #213
dawgnut01
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sportline

Got my cable the other night - purchased from ImSW1 - and it works great. Highly recommend buying the cable from him if you don't have the time or skills to do it yourself. Quality work.

Anyway, completed a couple coding sessions and all have worked but one.

Svache or anyone else in the know - for ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN - my understanding is that it should pull the mirrrors in if I use comfort access to lock up. It doesn't. In your notes you refer to _FB for keyfob and _PA for doors...what does this mean? What am I missing?

Much thanks for all of your work on this project.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #214
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgnut01 View Post
Got my cable the other night - purchased from ImSW1 - and it works great. Highly recommend buying the cable from him if you don't have the time or skills to do it yourself. Quality work.

Anyway, completed a couple coding sessions and all have worked but one.

Svache or anyone else in the know - for ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN - my understanding is that it should pull the mirrrors in if I use comfort access to lock up. It doesn't. In your notes you refer to _FB for keyfob and _PA for doors...what does this mean? What am I missing?

Much thanks for all of your work on this project.
Glad everything worked out

As for the mirrors. The thing is, ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN doesn't do anything by itself. In order for it to work, it needs either, or both, KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB and KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA, to be enabled.

The _FB one refers to closing with the keyfob, the _PA just to the doorhandles. With me, the _PA was already enabled and the first time I tried to do this, the mirrors only folded when I used the doorhandles. Now, after enabling the _FB one, it also worked with the keyfob.

I hope this explained a bit

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #215
Beluci
Registered
Rep
Drives: F34 330d

Can you give me a cheat list for the f01 ? I just want to unlock dvd by driving.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #216
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluci View Post
Can you give me a cheat list for the f01 ? I just want to unlock dvd by driving.
I'm sorry, I have no F01 available to me to look through those codes. I can only look in the F30 codes myself to see what can be done, the F10 codes were provided by others who coded their F10's.

The code for DVD in Motion should be similar as the code for the F10 and F30 (they were also the same).

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #217
demge01
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
My cable arrived today

Coding tomorrow hopefully!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #218
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
Didn't seem to have any effect but I think I need to test for one more day. Here in Toronto the RDS traffic is only broadcast Monday to Friday 6am - 7pm, so tomorrow is the last day of the week that I can test.
Definitely no effect.

Svache, would you mind sending me a copy of your CAFD_000000F9_007_001_013.ncd file?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #219
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
Definitely no effect.

Svache, would you mind sending me a copy of your CAFD_000000F9_007_001_013.ncd file?
lol you should ask them by name, the files are named differently on every car.. but I'm guessing you want the HU_CIC CAFD? (the first part of the file names seem to be the same, my HU_CIC is called CAFD_000000F9_006_009_011.ncd )

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #220
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
lol you should ask them by name, the files are named differently on every car.. but I'm guessing you want the HU_CIC CAFD? (the first part of the file names seem to be the same, my HU_CIC is called CAFD_000000F9_006_009_011.ncd )
Hm, learn something new every day. Yes please!
Appreciate 0