F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > 330e F30 LCI iPerformance M Sport - Took delivery June 7 '16, pictures attached !!
Studio RSR

05-05-2016, 04:37 AM   #1
Mr iPerformance
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330e M Sport

330e F30 LCI iPerformance M Sport - Took delivery June 7 '16, pictures attached !!

--> JUST TOOK DELIVERY OF THE CAR ON JUNE 7TH 2016.
A lot of pictures at the gallery section. Direct link here: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1270953

Name:  exterior.png
Views: 11557
Size:  121.7 KB
Name:  interior.png
Views: 4081
Size:  328.7 KB

Hi guys,

I ordered a fully loaded BMW F30 LCI 330e iPerformance M Sport a couple of months ago and am waiting for the delivery of the car in early June. I'm located in Finland and was able get an early allocation of the 330e. In the UK for example already in Feb the allocations were for the end of year 2016 and are currently for the end of year 2017 (an 18 month wait!). If I would have needed to wait for my car for 18 months, I would have gone with something else to be honest. So I consider myself very lucky

Order date: February 19th, 2016 (Friday)
Build date: April 22nd, 2016 (Friday)
Time between order and build: 9 weeks / 63 days
Expected delivery: June 3rd, 2016 (Friday) / 6 weeks from build

Basic information
Model 330e Iperformanc330e Ipee - EUR
Development Code F30 (MUE)
Chassis LIM
Steering LL
Doors 4
Engine XB1H
Displacement 0.00
Power 185
Drivetrain HECK
Transmission AUT
Color Black Sapphire Metallic - 475
Upholstery Leder Dakota/schwarz - LCSW
Production Plant MUNICH
Production Date 2016-04-22

Standard Equipment
534 Automatic Air Conditioning
548 Speedometer With Kilometer Reading
6WA Instrument Cluster W. Extended Cont

Options
1CA Selection Cop Relevant Vehicles
2NH M Sportbrake
2PA Locking Wheel Bolts
2TE Automatic Transmission W.gearshift
2VB Tyre Pressure Indicator
2VL Variable Sports Steering
21C 19"m Lt/a.w.do.sp.442 M Bicolor Orb
230 Eu Specific Additional Equipment
248 Steering Wheel Heating
258 Runflat Tyres
3AG Backup Camera
302 Alarm System
322 Comfort Access System
337 M Sport Package
4AE Armrest Front Retractable
4NE Blow-by-heater
4WF Int. T. Fin. Aluminium Hexagon W. H
403 Glas Roof, Electric
415 Sunblind For Rear Window
417 Roller Sunblind, Rear Side Windows
420 Sun Protection Glazing
423 Floor Mats, Velour
428 Warning Triangle
430 Int/ext Rr Vw Mirror W Aut Anti-dazzle
431 Interior Rr Vw Mirror W Aut Anti-d
459 Seat Adjustm., Electr. W. Memory
465 Through-load System
481 Sport Seats F Driver/front Passenger
488 Lumbar Support Driver/front Passenger
493 Storage Compartment Package
494 Seat Heating F Driver/front Passenger
496 Seat Heating For Rear Seats
5AC Autom. High-beam Headlights Control
5AG Lane Change Warning
5AL Active Protection
5AS Driving Assistant
5A1 Led-fog Lights
5DA Passenger Airbag Deactivate
5DC Folding Rear-seat Headrests
5DF Active Cruise Ctrl+stop&go Funct.
5DL Surround View
5DP Park Assistant
502 Headlight Washer System
508 Park Distance Control (pdc)
521 Rain Sensor
552 Adaptive Led Headlight
563 Lights Package
575 Additional 12v Power Socket
6AC Intelligent Emergency Call
6AE Teleservices
6AG E Drive Services
6AK Connecteddrive Services
6NS Enhanced Telephony With Extended Sm
6UH Traffic Information
609 Navigation System Professional
610 Head Up Display
688 Harman/kardon Surround Sound System
698 Area-code 2
7LF Model M Sport
704 M Sport Suspension
710 M Leather Steering Wheel
715 M Aerodynamics Package
760 Individual High-gloss Satin Chrome
775 Individual Roof-lining Anthracite
8AX Finnish / On-board Documentation
8A9 Language Version Finnisch
8KA Oelservice Int. 30.000 Km/24 Months
8SM Vin, Visible From Outside
8TG Anti-theft System
8TH Speed Limit Info
842 Cold Climate Version
850 Add Fuel Tank Filling For Export
9AA External Skin Protection
993 Model Year Code

The only options I did not go for were:
441 - Smoker package -> I don't smoke
4M5 - Individual leather covered dashboard -> Didn't know how this was going to hold up, so decided to skip it
601 - TV function -> Didn't see a use for this since cannot be used while driving
664 - DAB -radio -> DAB -radio is only used in a few countries in Europe, of which one isn't Finland

BMW original accessories
BMW M Performance Rocker Panel Decals
BMW M Performance Pedals
BMW Universal Snap-in Adapter for Lightning (iPhone)
BMW i Type 2 charging cable
BMW i Wallbox Pure (charging station for the car)

After market accessories
RW Carbon - BMW F22/F30/F32 Carbon Fiber Mirror Replacements
RW Carbon - BMW F30/F31 Double Slat Gloss Black Grilles
RW Carbon - BMW F30 Performance Style Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler

Design principles / exterior
I decided to go with a timeless black / black combo. This will be my 10th black car and my 14th car overall. My first car was a 1985A model Porsche 944, which in my opinion had one of the nicest paint colors ever made, which was called Montego Black metallic and it was only available for a couple of years. For me the Black Sapphire metallic is very similar to this color. In cloudy weather it is a great looking black, but in sunny weather it is a very-very dark grey. I absolutely love Estoril Blue metallic as well and almost went with it. Maybe my next BMW will be an Estoril Blue, who knows.

I really love the look of black and carbon fiber together and decided to accent the car with a few carbon fiber parts. I ordered a CF spoiler and CF mirror caps from RW Carbon along with Double Slat Gloss Black Grilles. I might still go with an M Performance look CF front lip from RW Carbon and some carbon fiber rocker panel blade attachments. Needless to say my car will look pretty sporty.

Debage or not to debadge? I'm old school when it comes to this and have decided to keep the eDrive and 330e badges on the car.

I also purchased original 19" BMW M Sport 403M wheels that I'll use during the winter. I'm thinking of going with Continental Conti Viking Contact (CVC) winter tires, but I still have a few months to decide on this before winter arrives. Winter tires are very important here in the arctic and we need to use them for about 5 months out of the year. There's also quite a bit of snow, so dropping the car by an extra 10mm is most likely not an option, since my car would be a snow plow after that

Design principles / interior
With the interior I went with a classic black and chose the original F30 M Sport interior trim, which was featured at the launch of the F30 M Sport package in Barcelona back in 2011. Since I have the optional M sport brakes (=blue brake calipers) on the car, I think the estoril blue matte trim ties up the exterior and interior nicely. Note that in the LCI cars the blue trim also extends to the door panels, which should look great. I won't be putting in any carbon accessories to the interior and would like to keep it looking clean.

Final thoughts
Overall I couldn't be happier with my selections. The only options that I would have liked to have in the car would have been:
- Ceramic iDrive controller (option from the 5 series up, but not in the 1-4 series)
- Driving assistant Plus (option from the 5 series up, but not in the 1-4 series)
- Auto hold function (since the F30 has a traditional hand brake, this isn't possible)
- Automatic Cruise control speed change based on traffic signs (only available in selected Fords and Audis.. come on BMW!)

I'm planning to keep this car for a LONG time, for about 8 years, as my daily driver. I'll most likely go with the eight generation 5 series when it will be introduced in ca. 2025.

I'll post some pictures of the car as soon as I'll take delivery. There will also be some videos available on my YouTube channel.

Let me know what you think, thanks!

'16 BMW F30 330e iPerformance M Sport Sedan /// Black Sapphire metallic /// fully loaded
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOscAczieriyIvlw75eXMg
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bmwiperformance/

Last edited by Mr iPerformance; 06-07-2016 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: Updated title
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 06:32 AM   #2
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr iPerformance View Post
Hi guys,

I ordered a fully loaded BMW F30 LCI 330e iPerformance M Sport a couple of months ago and am waiting for the delivery of the car in early June. I'm located in Finland and was able get an early allocation of the 330e. In the UK for example already in Feb the allocations were for the end of year 2016 and are currently for the end of year 2017 (an 18 month wait!). If I would have needed to wait for my car for 18 months, I would have gone with something else to be honest. So I consider myself very lucky

Order date: February 19th, 2016 (Friday)
Build date: April 22nd, 2016 (Friday)
Time between order and build: 9 weeks / 63 days
Expected delivery: June 3rd, 2016 (Friday) / 6 weeks from build

Basic information
Model 330e Iperformanc330e Ipee - EUR
Development Code F30 (MUE)
Chassis LIM
Steering LL
Doors 4
Engine XB1H
Displacement 0.00
Power 185
Drivetrain HECK
Transmission AUT
Color Black Sapphire Metallic - 475
Upholstery Leder Dakota/schwarz - LCSW
Production Plant MUNICH
Production Date 2016-04-22

Standard Equipment
534 Automatic Air Conditioning
548 Speedometer With Kilometer Reading
6WA Instrument Cluster W. Extended Cont

Options
1CA Selection Cop Relevant Vehicles
2NH M Sportbrake
2PA Locking Wheel Bolts
2TE Automatic Transmission W.gearshift
2VB Tyre Pressure Indicator
2VL Variable Sports Steering
21C 19"m Lt/a.w.do.sp.442 M Bicolor Orb
230 Eu Specific Additional Equipment
248 Steering Wheel Heating
258 Runflat Tyres
3AG Backup Camera
302 Alarm System
322 Comfort Access System
337 M Sport Package
4AE Armrest Front Retractable
4NE Blow-by-heater
4WF Int. T. Fin. Aluminium Hexagon W. H
403 Glas Roof, Electric
415 Sunblind For Rear Window
417 Roller Sunblind, Rear Side Windows
420 Sun Protection Glazing
423 Floor Mats, Velour
428 Warning Triangle
430 Int/ext Rr Vw Mirror W Aut Anti-dazzle
431 Interior Rr Vw Mirror W Aut Anti-d
459 Seat Adjustm., Electr. W. Memory
465 Through-load System
481 Sport Seats F Driver/front Passenger
488 Lumbar Support Driver/front Passenger
493 Storage Compartment Package
494 Seat Heating F Driver/front Passenger
496 Seat Heating For Rear Seats
5AC Autom. High-beam Headlights Control
5AG Lane Change Warning
5AL Active Protection
5AS Driving Assistant
5A1 Led-fog Lights
5DA Passenger Airbag Deactivate
5DC Folding Rear-seat Headrests
5DF Active Cruise Ctrl+stop&go Funct.
5DL Surround View
5DP Park Assistant
502 Headlight Washer System
508 Park Distance Control (pdc)
521 Rain Sensor
552 Adaptive Led Headlight
563 Lights Package
575 Additional 12v Power Socket
6AC Intelligent Emergency Call
6AE Teleservices
6AG E Drive Services
6AK Connecteddrive Services
6NS Enhanced Telephony With Extended Sm
6UH Traffic Information
609 Navigation System Professional
610 Head Up Display
688 Harman/kardon Surround Sound System
698 Area-code 2
7LF Model M Sport
704 M Sport Suspension
710 M Leather Steering Wheel
715 M Aerodynamics Package
760 Individual High-gloss Satin Chrome
775 Individual Roof-lining Anthracite
8AX Finnish / On-board Documentation
8A9 Language Version Finnisch
8KA Oelservice Int. 30.000 Km/24 Months
8SM Vin, Visible From Outside
8TG Anti-theft System
8TH Speed Limit Info
842 Cold Climate Version
850 Add Fuel Tank Filling For Export
9AA External Skin Protection
993 Model Year Code

The only options I did not go for were:
441 - Smoker package -> I don't smoke
4M5 - Individual leather covered dashboard -> Didn't know how this was going to hold up, so decided to skip it
601 - TV function -> Didn't see a use for this since cannot be used while driving
664 - DAB -radio -> DAB -radio is only used in a few countries in Europe, of which one isn't Finland

BMW original accessories
BMW M Performance Rocker Panel Decals
BMW M Performance Pedals
BMW Universal Snap-in Adapter for Lightning (iPhone)
BMW i Type 2 charging cable
BMW i Wallbox Pure (charging station for the car)

After market accessories
RW Carbon - BMW F22/F30/F32 Carbon Fiber Mirror Replacements
RW Carbon - BMW F30/F31 Double Slat Gloss Black Grilles
RW Carbon - BMW F30 Performance Style Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler

Design principles / exterior
I decided to go with a timeless black / black combo. This will be my 10th black car and my 14th car overall. My first car was a 1985A model Porsche 944, which in my opinion had one of the nicest paint colors ever made, which was called Montego Black metallic and it was only available for a couple of years. For me the Black Sapphire metallic is very similar to this color. In cloudy weather it is a great looking black, but in sunny weather it is a very-very dark grey. I absolutely love Estoril Blue metallic as well and almost went with it. Maybe my next BMW will be an Estoril Blue, who knows.

I really love the look of black and carbon fiber together and decided to accent the car with a few carbon fiber parts. I ordered a CF spoiler and CF mirror caps from RW Carbon along with Double Slat Gloss Black Grilles. I might still go with an M Performance look CF front lip from RW Carbon and some carbon fiber rocker panel blade attachments. Needless to say my car will look pretty sporty.

Debage or not to debadge? I'm old school when it comes to this and have decided to keep the eDrive and 330e badges on the car.

I also purchased original 19" BMW M Sport 403M wheels that I'll use during the winter. I'm thinking of going with Continental Conti Viking Contact (CVC) winter tires, but I still have a few months to decide on this before winter arrives. Winter tires are very important here in the arctic and we need to use them for about 5 months out of the year. There's also quite a bit of snow, so dropping the car by an extra 10mm is most likely not an option, since my car would be a snow plow after that

Design principles / interior
With the interior I went with a classic black and chose the original F30 M Sport interior trim, which was featured at the launch of the F30 M Sport package in Barcelona back in 2011. Since I have the optional M sport brakes (=blue brake calipers) on the car, I think the estoril blue matte trim ties up the exterior and interior nicely. Note that in the LCI cars the blue trim also extends to the door panels, which should look great. I won't be putting in any carbon accessories to the interior and would like to keep it looking clean.

Final thoughts
Overall I couldn't be happier with my selections. The only options that I would have liked to have in the car would have been:
- Ceramic iDrive controller (option from the 5 series up, but not in the 1-4 series)
- Driving assistant Plus (option from the 5 series up, but not in the 1-4 series)
- Auto hold function (since the F30 has a traditional hand brake, this isn't possible)
- Automatic Cruise control speed change based on traffic signs (only available in selected Fords and Audis.. come on BMW!)

I'm planning to keep this car for a LONG time, for about 8 years, as my daily driver. I'll most likely go with the eight generation 5 series when it will be introduced in ca. 2025.

I'll post some pictures of the car as soon as I'll take delivery. There will also be some videos available on my YouTube channel.

Let me know what you think, thanks!
I think this is pretty cool...can't wait to see how the 330e is received. Very important IMO to get BMW in on the electric cars early so we don't completely lose car culture once ICEs are history.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #3
Mr iPerformance
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarecrowBoat View Post
I think this is pretty cool...can't wait to see how the 330e is received. Very important IMO to get BMW in on the electric cars early so we don't completely lose car culture once ICEs are history.
The 330e is a very interesting car indeed. All major magazines here in Europe have given it excellent reviews and it has been selling very, very well... actually a bit too well, since queues of 12-18months aren't normal. The price point of the 330e is very good in countries where the car tax is based on emissions. For example here in Finland the car tax on a 320i is about 15 000usd (a lot!), but only about 4 500usd for the 330e. That means that a 330e is pretty much the same price as a 320i xDrive.

Having test driven the Audi A3 e-tron / VW Golf GTE, I have to say that the 330e feels much more like a high powered BMW whereas the e-tron and GTE were much less refined and more clunky. The MB C 350 e is a great car as well, but I prefered the 3 series.

'16 BMW F30 330e iPerformance M Sport Sedan /// Black Sapphire metallic /// fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 09:27 AM   #4
Mr iPerformance
Enlisted Member
Rep

I have a quick update. I just got word that my 330e M Sport was unloaded at Hanko, Finland yesterday. The expected delivery date has gone from June 17th to May 27th, yesssss !

Details:
day 1. Order date: February 19th, 2016 (Friday)
day 63. Build date: April 22nd, 2016 (Friday)
day 66. Shipped from Bremerhaven, Germany: April 25th, 2016 (Monday)
- loaded to UECC Auto Bay, route Bremerhaven (25.4), Cuxhaven (26.4), Southampton (27.4), Zeebrugge (29.4), Kotka (3.5), St Petersburg (4.5), Hanko (5.5)
day 76. Unloaded in Finland: May 5th (Thursday)
day 91. Expected dealer day: May 20th (Friday)
day 98. Expected delivery: May 27th (Friday)

Couldn't be happier

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 03:47 AM   #5
Mr iPerformance
Enlisted Member
Rep

While I'm still waiting for my car, I got my hands on a 330e dealer demo and did a petrol engine mileage test on the car by using a 100km / 60 mile test drive.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I get my car from the dealership.

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 05:09 AM   #6
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Congrats !!
What a list !?!

You should always take the smoker package even if you dont smoke... (i dont smoke myself).

Why? Because it can be useful for you to be avle to easily make fire one day using the cigarette lighter...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 09:58 AM   #7
Mr iPerformance
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thumbs up 330e arrived at the dealership

Hey guys,

quick update. My 330e iPerformance M Sport just arrived to the dealership yesterday (Wed May 25th 2016) and will be delivered to me next Thursday (June 2nd 2016).

The car hasn't been cleaned up yet and is missing all the nice M Performance and carbon parts, but it already looks pretty good in my opinion. What do you guys think? :-)

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 10:13 AM   #8
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

Yea looks good! Nice choice!
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2016, 09:14 AM   #9
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Looks awesome, bet you'll love it!
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2016, 05:53 PM   #10
Mr iPerformance
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks guys! I just took delivery of the car today (Tue June 7th 2016).

I posted a lot of pictures to the gallery section. Direct link here: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1270953

Sneak peek:
Name:  TP3_5.JPG
Views: 1851
Size:  252.2 KB

Appreciate 0