F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > UK Base audio upgrade
GetBMWParts

05-08-2016, 08:53 AM   #23
Nagel0r
Registered
Rep
Drives: F34 2.8iS

Great thread.

I am doing a simialr but more modest upgrade on my Base Stereo GT with Bavsound speakers.

Can you provide any more detail on how you removed the OEM bass speakers. You mentioned a heat gun, was it hard to prise the glued in drivers out without damaging the enclosures?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 10:18 AM   #24
Dyl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagel0r View Post
Great thread.

I am doing a simialr but more modest upgrade on my Base Stereo GT with Bavsound speakers.

Can you provide any more detail on how you removed the OEM bass speakers. You mentioned a heat gun, was it hard to prise the glued in drivers out without damaging the enclosures?

Thanks.
Check out bavsound's youtube channel they have videos for most things. I added tweeters and upgraded the front mids to my base system following their vids.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 02:30 PM   #25
Lancelot
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 2017 m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl View Post
Check out bavsound's youtube channel they have videos for most things. I added tweeters and upgraded the front mids to my base system following their vids.
Regarding the subs most vids show the hifi setup where they are bolted and easy to remove, the base ones are glued and very hard to remove, i did it and destroyed the oem subs in the process, not the enclosure that is of stronger material but even after pulling them out i still had some bits of plastic glued to the enclosure that i had to remove with a cutter, not a very pretty job, perhaps the hot air gun makes it a cleaner job, i didn't have one.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 05:38 AM   #26
GeertB
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran coupé

I suggest you look for second hand hifi subs and save yourself this mess
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 11:46 AM   #27
Lancelot
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 2017 m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeertB View Post
I suggest you look for second hand hifi subs and save yourself this mess
100% agree;
Unfortunately they don't sell the enclosures alone, no separate part number.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #28
CazuaLLUK
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Black F30 M Sport

Garage List
Interesting stuff, great thread!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 03:13 PM   #29
Ragen
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Good one. Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 11:14 AM   #30
rikiship62
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31

Post Noob - need help

Hey Guys,

Just been reading up on this. Great stuff. I am complete Noob here. Just bought my F31 and was super excited to try it out. However, due to COVID-19, I have to wait. I was doing some research on what I can do in the car. It came with the base radio and the tiny 6.5-inch screen. I want to upgrade it all.

I have seen this radio. I feel it gives me everything I need. The larger screen, Andriod etc. :
https://xtrons.com/bmw-various-andro...b-rom-qbts19nb

But also, want to install my speakers and amp, etc. Don't want anything super loud and pumping but would like to upgrade it. I have the Focal Access AS3 and a mini 4 channel amp (Rainbow Dream).

Trying to keep things simple, I was thinking of getting the Technic PNP cable (4/4 harness) to connect to my amp. So my question are:

1) If I get this new screen and the technic PNP cable, will this all work once plugged up. Can you guys see there being any issues?

2) Can I run my own speaker cabling back and not use the looping wires for the speakers which come with the Technic PNP?

3) Any other support you might think of that might help the install would be great?

Appreciate 0