F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > DIY outside rear mirror replacement F32
proTUNING Freaks

01-14-2017, 09:42 AM   #1
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

DIY outside rear mirror replacement F32

Hence I had not found a DIY for mirror replacement I ask around if anybody has done this until yet and pictured it.
I want to change my mirrors to F82 ones incl. coding. I got H&K high speakers installed.
Thank you.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #2
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

I just did a ton of mirror work. Did not install F82 mirrors, but I replaced my drivers side mirror because the folding motor was failing. I cannot comment on F82 to F30 specifics, but I am guessing there is NO coding involved. They should be plug and play swap.

NOTE : If you have surround view (top view), it might get broken because the position of cameras will be different.

As far as swapping the mirros, its pretty straight forward, this is for the F30, but F32 will be similar:

A) Remove door panel, lots of DIYs on this. Look up the F30 Bavsound how to. Note, its held on there pretty tight. Once you have the screws off (2, under the door handle) and the window / mirror / etc controls out, it will feel like it does not want to go. It will. Follow the bavsound DIY and you'll get the panel off no problem.

B) Pull off the triangle covering the tweeter speaker. Its just cliped on there. Comes off easy.

C) Unplug the cable to the mirror. Simple.

D) The mirror is held by 3 14mm / torx (not sure what size, I used the 14mm) bolts. Undo the bolts, and the mirror will come right off.

I recall reading a few posts saying the F82 to F32 (F80 to F30 as well) are direct swap.

Reinstall is the reverse.

Take your time, go slow and double check everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Hence I had not found a DIY for mirror replacement I ask around if anybody has done this until yet and pictured it.
I want to change my mirrors to F82 ones incl. coding. I got H&K high speakers installed.
Thank you.
Appreciate 2
Dang3r12515.00
      01-15-2017, 10:47 AM   #3
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Thanks a lot, indeed, I have surroundview. What ya mean with the changed position? Does it not work afterwards or do I have the cameras to let adjust after installation to achieve the new positioning?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 12:03 PM   #4
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

It will work 'fine' in a technical sense, but think of it this way (and I'm guessing BTW, but its a resonable guess):

The top view uses the cameras under the mirrors (including the rear view camera, but lets ignore that for now).

So, when you install the F82 mirrors, I'm sure the position of these cameras will change slightly because of the shape of the mirrors.

So things won't line up correctly to create the correct top down view.

I'm sure this can be coded though, but still... If I were doing it, this would be one of the only things I would be thinking about. Everything else should be plug and play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Thanks a lot, indeed, I have surroundview. What ya mean with the changed position? Does it not work afterwards or do I have the cameras to let adjust after installation to achieve the new positioning?
Appreciate 0