F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > DEPO F30/31 Projector Headlights **UK Photos and Chat thread**
Extreme Powerhouse

01-28-2018, 02:20 PM   #1475
deleted_user
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Hi guys,

Recently joined here as i am having some issues with my headlights. I did do a search online but it seems i am getting nowhere unfortunately.

As we all know, the halogen f30 lights are..... not so great... so i bought the depo version from eurowagens like most of you. With some diy sites i managed to fit the lights and it looks amazing! I am using H7 halogen bulbs for now.

The issue is that i am not a mechanic but it felt like the lights were aiming towards the street, no issue with the vertical aim but they were already on 0. A solution would be to pop the hood and aim them manually.
I don’t want to end up blinding oncoming traffic so brought the car to a local garage. They didn’t charge me as they told me the lights have an incorrect beam pattern and will not pass MOT??? I contacted eurowagens but did not get a reply from them.
The garage did put the lights a bit higher and the pros are: i can a lot better in the dark and oncoming traffic doesn’t seem to be bothered either!

The cons.. my MOT is due in december so i got 12 months to sort it out. I have attached a picture of my lights aiming at a wall approx 3-4meters away from it.
In my opinion apart from it looks similar to everyone else their lights, apart from the fact mine are not perfectly aimed.
Or am i mistaken?
Attached Images

Last edited by deleted_user; 01-30-2018 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #1476
Sasquartch
Major
Rep
Drives: 520i G30

Surely the best thing would be to get a mot tester to align the lights for you. Shouldn't cost more than a few quid
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 04:54 PM   #1477
deleted_user
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah tried that but they told me they can’t help me as the beam pattern is wrong. And don’t fancy dropping it off at BMW as they most likely charge me 2h work at a premium rate for a 5 min job.. but if that is the only option...

At this point I’m wondering if there is anything obvious wrong about the beam pattern? According to the garaga here the left side should ‘kick up’ instead of what i have?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 05:06 PM   #1478
Sasquartch
Major
Rep
Drives: 520i G30

Well if it's wrong according to the not tester then perhaps it is wrong ?
Try somewhere else if you doubt it, somewhere like a halfords or Kwik fit perhaps to get a second opinion
But if the pattern is really wrong it's either faulty headlights or incorrect installation
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 05:25 PM   #1479
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

It’s probably because their system says it’s a halogen F30 so it should have X beam pattern, but because you’ve fitted aftermarket projector headlights it now has Y beam pattern, so a computer says no situation.

Other cars that have halogen projectors from factory probably have same beam pattern as yours, worth checking them out.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 06:09 AM   #1480
SteeGee
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 320D M-Sport Estate

Hi, I'm looking to get a set of the Depo headlight units, as I was seriously disappointed when i realised I didn't have the "Angel Eyes" on my new motor.

I note on my current halogen setup, the daytime running lights go off when the dipped beam headlights are on. Can anyone tell me with the Depo lights do the angel eyes go off, or do they stay on with the dipped beam, as the O.E zenons appear to do?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 07:12 AM   #1481
deleted_user
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I recently installed the depos and as far as i am aware the angel eyes stay on all the time. Not sure about Oem lights though
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #1482
Qumer_F30
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d (f30)

Hi all. I'm thinking of getting the depo lights and seen in the thread that some of you went with full h7 LED for full beam and dipped beam.

Can you give me some feedback on how everyone's lights running please?

Did you have to adapt them or code them in anyway?

Do you get any errors with the depo lights?

Any issues with getting your MOT?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 10:17 AM   #1483
ahsen94
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 320D

Anyone had the issue where angel eyes turn off when dipped beam turn On? How do i fix this?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 03:53 AM   #1484
maximus81
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 320D M-Sport (F30)

Hello fellow enthusiasts. I finally took the plung and spent AUD1000 and got these amazing depo lights for my F30. Installe them today and look amazing. I also bought H7 LED conversion kit from Autobarn (https://www.autobarn.com.au/el27416) however I couldn't install these bulbs in the Depos. The bulb is the right fit however there is no mechanism to hold the bulb in its place. There is a metal clip that was on the low beam connector of the depo lights however can only fit standard halogen H7 in it. Not sure if the headlight I received was missing something? I would think, a metal wire like spring - have seen on few cars which push down and locks in place to hold the bulb will be perfect. Just wanted to see if your lights had any spring to secure the bulb? or if you have converted halogens to LED or Xenon HID and what trick worked? At this stage I have installed standard halogens but would love to have white light for OEM look.

EDIT: I found there is a adaptor that I need to buy to fit HID Xenons. Apparently LEDs wont work with Depos - or very hard to make them work.

Last edited by maximus81; 05-07-2018 at 07:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2018, 04:57 PM   #1485
sap1000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320i Sport

i had mine mot'd in january and had no issues, i also have hid main bulbs but due to the new mot rules i will be changing them for led ones. tried running them on normal bulbs and it didn't look very good.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 07:31 PM   #1486
maximus81
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeGee View Post
Hi, I'm looking to get a set of the Depo headlight units, as I was seriously disappointed when i realised I didn't have the "Angel Eyes" on my new motor.

I note on my current halogen setup, the daytime running lights go off when the dipped beam headlights are on. Can anyone tell me with the Depo lights do the angel eyes go off, or do they stay on with the dipped beam, as the O.E zenons appear to do?
I installed my Depos 2 days back and can confirm, the Angel eyes remain on all the time. When headlight is off they are bright and goes dim when headlights turn on. The eyebrow also glows when headlight turn on - looks amazing.
So basically, halogen DRL = LED angel DRL and parking light = eyebrow light.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #1487
maximus81
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qumer_F30 View Post
Hi all. I'm thinking of getting the depo lights and seen in the thread that some of you went with full h7 LED for full beam and dipped beam.

Thanks
I have checked few forums and watched few youtube videos. Apparently installing H7 led in Depos is very hard as you will need to buy an aftermarket adaptor and that too will need to be modified as there are different heatsync on led bulbs - every manufacturer does differently. however there is a generic adaptor that you can buy off ebay for $5 and that holds the bulb in place. No coding requried whatsoever. There are no additional signals required from ECU of your car to make this work. Depo uses default current that your car was supplying to standard halogens. not sure about MOT requirements - I am in Australia and we dont have periodic checks like you guys do.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 12:56 PM   #1488
Qumer_F30
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus81 View Post
I have checked few forums and watched few youtube videos. Apparently installing H7 led in Depos is very hard as you will need to buy an aftermarket adaptor and that too will need to be modified as there are different heatsync on led bulbs - every manufacturer does differently. however there is a generic adaptor that you can buy off ebay for $5 and that holds the bulb in place. No coding requried whatsoever. There are no additional signals required from ECU of your car to make this work. Depo uses default current that your car was supplying to standard halogens. not sure about MOT requirements - I am in Australia and we dont have periodic checks like you guys do.
Thanks maximus81
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 06:40 PM   #1489
patrick926
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D

Questions about fitting and bulbs

Hi guys, I am new to join here. I've just received the depo headlights from eurowagens. I have little experience to retrofit the lights. Could you guys please recommend a local garage to do it in Sheffield area? Also, I don't know which type of bubbles could be fitted? H7 Led? any brand? Thank you very much.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 05:08 PM   #1490
Qumer_F30
Registered
Rep

Quote:

Thanks
Got my lights fitted a few weeks ago. Went for standard halogen bulbs for the meantime.
Attached Images

Last edited by Qumer_F30; 06-26-2018 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 4
      08-29-2018, 06:07 AM   #1491
Geeky
Rep
Drives: e90

Good evening gentlemen..ive just received a set of the depo angel eye headlights but for some reason theres no bulb fittings on both for the low beam will the existing ones from my origanals fit or and i screwed

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 02:28 AM   #1492
tristancliffe
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F31 320d Sport

You can either modify the clips from your last lights, or you can easily buy more from many motor factors or eBay or Amazon. They're very cheap.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 11:56 PM   #1493
Geeky
Rep
Drives: e90

I've checked with depo and the clips locate under the screws when you turn then ...I thought you needed spring clips.. panic over.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 03:58 AM   #1494
NOGRP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 114i (F20)

Hi guys, I know that it is a F30 thread but I was wondering if someone can help me to order a depo xenon look headlight for my F20. Eurowagen seems out of stock. Furthermore depo part numbers make me confused because depo also produces xenon replacement headlight which does not work with halogen headlight. Part number I have found. Not sure if it is a replacement or not. 444-1182RMLDHEM and 444-1182LMLDHEM
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 12:08 AM   #1495
Myciuz
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30

Hello. Have someone problem with halo rings? Stop working one side and after couple days stops another side. Whats wrong?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 03:54 AM   #1496
pcm77
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f30 3 series

banging mate

Quote:
Got my lights fitted a few weeks ago. Went for standard halogen bulbs for the meantime.
what a difference these lights make.
real stock look to them.
i only just got my f30 and this is the first upgrade im doing..
i know this is an old thread but ive read every page kudos to brenan sorting this out and persevering with eurowagons.im waiting for december stock at 499 you lads got a good price, cars all look amazing
was there any final thought on best bulbs etc etc
and did anybody have any issues with the lamps a year or so on???
Appreciate 0