F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Not Able to Get A Quote
ARMA SPEED

11-06-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
fromthefuture
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Not Able to Get A Quote

So I emailed my current dealer asking for a quote on the build i did on bmwusa.com and he tells me the following
Quote:
"Unfortunately, I cant quote you on a vehicle that isn't on my lot. Sales programs change on a monthly basis there is no way for me to predict what the program will be when the build car arrives. And you will definitely pay more for that 2016 340i than you would for a 2015 4 series. People get caught up with residuals and money factors and incentives to sound cool but in all honesty, nothing works better then common sense and intuition.

2015 car that needs to be gone within a month vs. brand new car fresh out of factory, brand new engine, brand new year with plenty of time to sell the car, no rush. You get the idea. If you want a deal on the 4 this is the time if not wait 6 months until the 340i has been out on the market and hope for a good program then.

As a matter of fact, I am not even sure if we even have the car you inquired about, I would have to check again because it probably already sold.
I am really confused now because I see posts from other users here talking about build date etc. How are you guys doing custom build?

He is saying I have to pick a car from the lot otherwise wait until the car I want shows up at the lot. I originally emailed him asking for 2015 428i but now I am leaning towards 2016 340i due to November specials and the residuals are really nice compared to 4 series. I just wanted the quote so I can compare 2015 vs 2016 but I am guessing that's not possible.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 12:17 PM   #2
radm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT ordered, AR 4C Spider

Is it a small dealer who has limited allotment or something? Or is he just so full of it? Where are you? Everybody I tried in the SF Bay Area, for example, was willing to order and I got mine for invoice, before any additional BMW USA discounts that will apply when I pick it up (I ordered my 340ix in mid September). There are people from LA who have ordered as well. Try a different dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 12:41 PM   #3
dalto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
You need to find a new dealer.

I have spoken to at least 10 different BMW dealerships and none have ever tried to tell me that I needed to buy a car off the lot.

Also, any dealer that gave me this line:
Quote:
People get caught up with residuals and money factors and incentives to sound cool but in all honesty, nothing works better then common sense and intuition.
Would not be my dealer for long.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #4
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

When I receive a response like that I make a mental note to never buy a car from them ever. Move on to a different dealer, try David at Steve Thomas BMW or others which I'm sure will be posted shortly
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #5
fromthefuture
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radm View Post
Is it a small dealer who has limited allotment or something? Or is he just so full of it? Where are you? Everybody I tried in the SF Bay Area, for example, was willing to order and I got mine for invoice, before any additional BMW USA discounts that will apply when I pick it up (I ordered my 340ix in mid September). There are people from LA who have ordered as well. Try a different dealer.
Thanks for the feedback. They are fairly big. They currently have around 477 cars in stock.

I am in Los Angeles area. I'll try another dealer I guess.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 01:41 PM   #6
fromthefuture
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
When I receive a response like that I make a mental note to never buy a car from them ever. Move on to a different dealer, try David at Steve Thomas BMW or others which I'm sure will be posted shortly
I did contact Steve Thomas BMW but never got a reply. I know they are super busy with tons of inquiries. I'll ping them again.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 01:44 PM   #7
fromthefuture
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto View Post
You need to find a new dealer.

I have spoken to at least 10 different BMW dealerships and none have ever tried to tell me that I needed to buy a car off the lot.

Also, any dealer that gave me this line:

Would not be my dealer for long.
I was actually starting to doubt myself and wondering if I am asking too much. Going to email other dealers and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #8
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthefuture
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
I did contact Steve Thomas BMW but never got a reply. I know they are super busy with tons of inquiries. I'll ping them again.
End/start of the month is always crazy due to deliveries/bimmerpost members texting for allocations and residual values. Haha. Definitely keep on David and if you have to grab golffrr's attention via a pm.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 07:03 PM   #9
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

find a new deelor, i just ordered a 340i. now i wait and wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 08:25 PM   #10
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

You need to find a better salesperson/dealer. I hate the way some dealerships negotiate. Just give me your best price up front. Neither you nor I have time to go back and forth and play this game.

My current salesperson out east gives me his best price up front. I trust him. It's thousands off an ordered car. He tells me he'll give me whatever incentives I'm eligible for. He's genuinely happy to give me a deal because he only has to spend 5 minutes with me to sell a car. He has a customer for life and I send everyone in the market for a BMW to him.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 12:00 AM   #11
Icysheet
USN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Estoril Blue 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3
You need to find a better salesperson/dealer. I hate the way some dealerships negotiate. Just give me your best price up front. Neither you nor I have time to go back and forth and play this game.

My current salesperson out east gives me his best price up front. I trust him. It's thousands off an ordered car. He tells me he'll give me whatever incentives I'm eligible for. He's genuinely happy to give me a deal because he only has to spend 5 minutes with me to sell a car. He has a customer for life and I send everyone in the market for a BMW to him.
Which dealer do you deal with?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 01:55 PM   #12
ka24682468
JustinCC
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 435xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthefuture View Post
So I emailed my current dealer asking for a quote on the build i did on bmwusa.com and he tells me the following

I am really confused now because I see posts from other users here talking about build date etc. How are you guys doing custom build?

He is saying I have to pick a car from the lot otherwise wait until the car I want shows up at the lot. I originally emailed him asking for 2015 428i but now I am leaning towards 2016 340i due to November specials and the residuals are really nice compared to 4 series. I just wanted the quote so I can compare 2015 vs 2016 but I am guessing that's not possible.
From what I understanding, you asked your dealer to do a quote on the date when you can pick up your car. Try to ask him just do the quote on the current rate, I'm sure he will be happy to do that for you, unless he's dying to sell that 2015 model to you.
2015 BMW X5 3.5i, EVERYTHING
2010 Honda CRV, NOTHING
Appreciate 0