F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding - M Drive, Configure "Sport", Auto PDC, Wifi
ARMA SPEED

07-24-2014, 05:20 AM   #1
RalphyBMW
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d xDrive MSport

Coding - M Drive, Configure "Sport", Auto PDC, Wifi

Hi, I've been playing with some of the coding on the car this morning, I have a few queries that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I have coded in the "M Drive" menu, but can't make any configuration changes.

I have coded in "Macro_FDS" to give me the option to change the settings in Sport mode, but while it gives me three choices "chassis & drivetrain", "drivetrain" and "chassis" I can't move the tick from "chassis & drivetrain".

Coded in "Auto PDC", appeared in the menu but I couldn't select it. I'm assuming there must be some hardware issue here from some quick searches.

Coded in "Wifi" but I can't add any devices.

Any thoughts? I'm currently guessing that these options just won't work with my hardware, but I wanted to check that I couldn't just tweak some other settings to make them work.

TIA!
      07-24-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
bcornwellatl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphyBMW View Post
Hi, I've been playing with some of the coding on the car this morning, I have a few queries that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I have coded in "Macro_FDS" to give me the option to change the settings in Sport mode, but while it gives me three choices "chassis & drivetrain", "drivetrain" and "chassis" I can't move the tick from "chassis & drivetrain".

Coded in "Auto PDC", appeared in the menu but I couldn't select it. I'm assuming there must be some hardware issue here from some quick searches.

Any thoughts? I'm currently guessing that these options just won't work with my hardware, but I wanted to check that I couldn't just tweak some other settings to make them work.

TIA!
What cheat sheet are you using for the modules? I think the M drive has been discussed here in which case you need the extended M cluster or the Kombi that is made for the M series (apparently the code is there in the F30's and so on, but doesn't do anything without the right hardware). As for the Wifi? where did you get that setting? BMW LIVE? and I'm not sure what Auto PDC is ? Share what module you coded or the document you used... also which model car?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Quote:

TIA!
You have a F31 330d M-Sport. So...

M-Drive: Not able to be used in your vehicle, needs M KOMBI - not an M vehicle so missing hardware.

Sport Mode Selection: You can't select it because it can't change the chassis anyways, or else you would already have this - No adaptive suspension so missing hardware.

Auto PDC: I have never even heard of this, so I assume your car isn't equipped.

WiFi: Your combox does not have a Wi-Fi module - missing hardware.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #4
RalphyBMW
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

bcornwellatl

See these posts;
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=972565

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...51&postcount=3

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=955978

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=809382

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=668902

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=816955

Halsifer
Thanks, M-Drive makes perfect sense, RE: Sport Mode Selection, my understanding is that it alters the steering weight as well as throttle response; this is what I was hoping to achieve.

Auto PDC is the PDC coming on automatically when you go below a certain speed, forwards.

Wifi - I have pro nav and NBT so assumed I would have the right hardware. Guess not, no great shakes.

Thanks both for your replies.
      07-25-2014, 06:47 AM   #5
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

Pretty sure WiFi was removed form later versions of the NBT firmware.
      07-25-2014, 09:12 AM   #6
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbles View Post
Pretty sure WiFi was removed form later versions of the NBT firmware.
It's a part of the Combox, but only in the Coxbox that's used in the 5-series, which the 3-series doesn't have. Not sure how the guy in the other post got it to work, but WiFi isn't working in the current F30s with NBT.

Quote:
RE: Sport Mode Selection, my understanding is that it alters the steering weight as well as throttle response; this is what I was hoping to achieve.

Auto PDC is the PDC coming on automatically when you go below a certain speed, forwards.
Steering would be a part of the drivetrain. Comfort will have a lighter steering, and Sport will have a heavier steering. With Sport Mode Selection, it only allows you to differentiate between 'Drivetrain', 'Chassis', or 'Drivetrain and Chassis'. Drivetrain will consist of the throttle response, shift points, exhaust, and steering. Chassis will consist of damping coil overs to change the handling of the car. I am guessing you don't have DHP, so thus this will not work on your car. You cannot select sport steering and comfort throttle.

I'm not sure if the post was true or not with the HU_CIC, but sport mode selection is not possible in HU_NBT for have a sport steering with comfort drivetrain.

Also, wouldn't that mean PDC will always come when you slow down at a stop light or something?
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]

Last edited by Halsifer; 07-25-2014 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 01:09 PM   #7
F30EDR
Private
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire F30

Wifi works with older NBT Firmware, think <50.4
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 01:45 PM   #8
RalphyBMW
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks guys, all makes sense, I only have standard suspension, I just assumed steering would be chassis rather than drivetrain.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 05:31 AM   #9
Fluffy bastard
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsifer View Post
You have a F31 330d M-Sport. So...

M-Drive: Not able to be used in your vehicle, needs M KOMBI - not an M vehicle so missing hardware.

Sport Mode Selection: You can't select it because it can't change the chassis anyways, or else you would already have this - No adaptive suspension so missing hardware.

Auto PDC: I have never even heard of this, so I assume your car isn't equipped.

WiFi: Your combox does not have a Wi-Fi module - missing hardware.
M-drive: not only M-cluster but another FEM-software also.

Auto PDC - sort of thing you'll have in F15, F25 LCI and F26. You need another PMA ecu.
      07-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #10
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsifer View Post
Steering would be a part of the drivetrain. Comfort will have a lighter steering, and Sport will have a heavier steering. With Sport Mode Selection, it only allows you to differentiate between 'Drivetrain', 'Chassis', or 'Drivetrain and Chassis'. Drivetrain will consist of the throttle response, shift points, exhaust, and steering. Chassis will consist of damping coil overs to change the handling of the car. I am guessing you don't have DHP, so thus this will not work on your car. You cannot select sport steering and comfort throttle.
Incorrect, least with HU_CIC.

Steering is part of Chassis along with suspension (if available) - reason I usually just drive around in Sport mode configured with Chassis only, for the heavier weighted steering.

Though I'd find it strange why HU_NBT doesn't have the same functionality as HU_CIC for Sport mode configuration, especially when they're introducing that functionality in 2015/2016MY vehicles without adaptive suspension.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #11
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbits93 View Post
Incorrect, least with HU_CIC.

Steering is part of Chassis along with suspension (if available) - reason I usually just drive around in Sport mode configured with Chassis only, for the heavier weighted steering.

Though I'd find it strange why HU_NBT doesn't have the same functionality as HU_CIC for Sport mode configuration, especially when they're introducing that functionality in 2015/2016MY vehicles without adaptive suspension.
Got it. I'm speaking from my experience with HU_NBT. I can't have the Sport Mode configuration work properly in my vehicle. So I assumed it only was affecting the Adaptive Suspension.
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0