F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Who has fitted the M-performance spring on their DHP?
Studio RSR

11-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #23
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
I spoke to my Dinan contact the other day, and he confirmed that springs (and matching bump stops) are in QA testing right now, with the plan being to release them in January. Haven't heard anything about anti-roll/sway bars...
Shockware will likely be a while yet, as it is dependent upon cracking the overall ECU encryption, which has been all but impossible this go-round. I have heard that there is good news regarding encryption, though; apparently someone at BMW has agreed to provide Dinan access to their encrypted ECUs... but it will likely take time before things get approved all the way up to the top and Dinan is actually given the encryption keys.
      11-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #24
stevehecht
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Garage List
^If this works out the way you've said, then you will get a chance to test out your theory that it's the springs that are the weak link in DHP.

Thanks for the update! It's good that they're getting something out, but I agree it's probably going to be late in 2014 for the Shockware release--if they get help with the encryption.