F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Question on contrast color bimmerang (4 GC) - Canada
GetBMWParts

03-19-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
bluetooth2020
Registered
Rep
Drives: 428i

Question on contrast color bimmerang (4 GC) - Canada

Ordering a Melbourne Red 4GC in Canada.. I like the silver/chrome color bimmerangs on red, but not sure when you choose the contrast color air breather option - what you get on the GC. If its black, I prefer the body color ... any idea what the color option would be if you choose the contrast option.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 11:29 PM   #2
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth2020 View Post
Ordering a Melbourne Red 4GC in Canada.. I like the silver/chrome color bimmerangs on red, but not sure when you choose the contrast color air breather option - what you get on the GC. If its black, I prefer the body color ... any idea what the color option would be if you choose the contrast option.

Thanks!
The air breather(bimmerang) will be in black if in contrasting color and if you want it in matte chrome finish it is $450. I am ordering a EB and wanted the matte chrome finish and asked about the air breather in matte chrome and BMW told me it was $450 custom order.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #3
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435xiGCMsport View Post
The air breather(bimmerang) will be in black if in contrasting color and if you want it in matte chrome finish it is $450. I am ordering a EB and wanted the matte chrome finish and asked about the air breather in matte chrome and BMW told me it was $450 custom order.
I haven't seen any EBII F36's with a chrome bimmerang - do you have any pictures offhand? Also I've seen some with EBII-colored bimmerangs stock from the factory, is that another option?
      04-04-2016, 05:15 PM   #4
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue

I don't have the car yet. I didn't order the matte chrome bimmerang for $450 because I don't think it is worth $450. I asked if they will do it as a conquest gift coming from an Audi to BMW, so don't know what it will come with. I have never seen one with the matte chrome so I am ok with either body color or matte chrome, just didn't like the shiny black since I ordered the trim with matte chrome.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 02:10 AM   #5
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435xiGCMsport View Post
I don't have the car yet. I didn't order the matte chrome bimmerang for $450 because I don't think it is worth $450. I asked if they will do it as a conquest gift coming from an Audi to BMW, so don't know what it will come with. I have never seen one with the matte chrome so I am ok with either body color or matte chrome, just didn't like the shiny black since I ordered the trim with matte chrome.
Finally nailed down a picture of the matte chrome bimmerang. Looks good on grey, IMO, but I don't think it'd look good on EBII

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...9&d=1413785586