F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Lean, mean 335 fighting machine
GetBMWParts

12-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #23
Monkeycmonkeydo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB_F30
How do you have your plate mounted? Double sided tape...?
Double sided 3m Velcro. Cool stuff
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #24
Mak135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 GTS, X3M

I cannot get H&R sport springs on Tire Rack or the other vendors (like Vivid Racing). Can you tell us where you ordered them from? Also, how long was the installation? I was told about 5.5 hours which seems too long.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #25
BMWinGE
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

like it, would black out the whiskers myself, but overall nice ride.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #26
Monkeycmonkeydo
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak135i
I cannot get H&R sport springs on Tire Rack or the other vendors (like Vivid Racing). Can you tell us where you ordered them from? Also, how long was the installation? I was told about 5.5 hours which seems too long.

Thanks
Turner motorsports. Turnermotorsport.com. Good price. I paid 240 bucks for installation from my local BMW tech
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #27
fastduo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335 Melbourne Red Sport/T

When you modify anything from stock, it is a personal taste decision. I personally like it but not everyone will. Overall I think it looks great.
In Florida, we are not required to have front license plates but I do like the look of the euro plate and did not want to drill my bumper. Thanks for the link to the vendor and the velcro idea.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #28
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

i like it all except stripes n red rods.

u should debadge bc it looks awkward in the wrong spot

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #29
EB_F30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' M Sport 335 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeycmonkeydo View Post
Double sided 3m Velcro. Cool stuff
Hmm, cool idea. How well does it stay? Any worries about the Velcro being taped to the bumper as in damaging the paint? I'm just looking for good simple ways to get a plate on the car with drilling holes as I'll have to change it once I get back stateside, I like the Velcro idea if its stays nice and tight.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #30
Monkeycmonkeydo
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB_F30 View Post
Hmm, cool idea. How well does it stay? Any worries about the Velcro being taped to the bumper as in damaging the paint? I'm just looking for good simple ways to get a plate on the car with drilling holes as I'll have to change it once I get back stateside, I like the Velcro idea if its stays nice and tight.
It was available from the maker of the plates and is made by 3M and will not damage the paint and can be easily removed like double sided tape. It is also not cloth based but plastic and is almost a puzzle instead of typical velcro. Both sides look the same and it kind of snaps together. It works great so far and means I didnt have to drill holes into the bumper so I like that

The comments from others on the whiskers:
It is actually more subtle in person but the front of the car needed something red and I hated the silver that was there. I debated black, but then the cool feature would disappear into the bumper completely. White could have been cool too, but as a designer I felt like the front needed to have some red to bookmark the car's front and back ends.

Finally got a little rubbing on big bumps on the freeway this weekend. Of course I had 5 people in the car. And now it rubs on the inside fender not on the edge anymore so I can live with that . I doubt there will be many trips with that many people.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 03:15 AM   #31
EB_F30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' M Sport 335 6MT

Doesn't sound too bad. Thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #32
DrDiablo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi M sport pkg

Garage List
Regarding your HR setup did you go with sport springs. Super sport or the coil over setup? Hw much did it lower the front, rear? Is it a harsher ride now, does it bottom out at all, I know you have bigger wheels so that plays a factor by just curious. I have a 335xi M sport just got it and hate how the awd version are not lowered the Xtra 10mm not too big of difference but I feel the ride quality is over dampened and softer than what I would expect froma sport suspension. Was looking into HR setup just wanted to ask first someone who has already done it and get input..

Thanks happy New Years and great car
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #33
Monkeycmonkeydo
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDiablo
Regarding your HR setup did you go with sport springs. Super sport or the coil over setup? Hw much did it lower the front, rear? Is it a harsher ride now, does it bottom out at all, I know you have bigger wheels so that plays a factor by just curious. I have a 335xi M sport just got it and hate how the awd version are not lowered the Xtra 10mm not too big of difference but I feel the ride quality is over dampened and softer than what I would expect froma sport suspension. Was looking into HR setup just wanted to ask first someone who has already done it and get input..

Thanks happy New Years and great car
You will love the h&r sport springs. Especially with stock wheels. Performance and handling improved. The only way I ever rub is with 5 people in the car and a big bump in the road and then it is within the fender not on it. Turning has improved drastically. No body roll. 19s are probably the optimal size wheels. I love the way my 20s look and the ride is still fantastic but in reality to prevent rubbing in every circumstance I need another say 10mm of clearance. So little.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #34
vip
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Alpine White M5

Quote:
You will love the h&r sport springs. Especially with stock wheels. Performance and handling improved. The only way I ever rub is with 5 people in the car and a big bump in the road and then it is within the fender not on it. Turning has improved drastically. No body roll. 19s are probably the optimal size wheels. I love the way my 20s look and the ride is still fantastic but in reality to prevent rubbing in every circumstance I need another say 10mm of clearance. So little.
what tire specs are you running in the front?

looks sick.... i assume you are 245/35/20 front and 255/35/20 rear?
      07-23-2013, 02:34 AM   #35
indianras876_bimmer_livin
Don Dadda
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe

first of all fuck anyone that doesn't like the stripE i think it fits the aggressive look of the car well and its set u apart i was actually thinking about putting one on my car. If u dnt mind me asking, how much did it cost? I dnt like the red whiskers at the front but honestly its not about what i like as long as u like it. The car is aggressive and look sick
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #36
vip
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianras876_bimmer_livin View Post
first of all fuck anyone that doesn't like the stripE i think it fits the aggressive look of the car well and its set u apart i was actually thinking about putting one on my car. If u dnt mind me asking, how much did it cost? I dnt like the red whiskers at the front but honestly its not about what i like as long as u like it. The car is aggressive and look sick
not sure why people flame others. If you dont like something, keep it to yourself. Seems everyone is mad these days lol.

nice reply indianras876_bimmer_livin
      07-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #37
vip
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Front plate is still technically illegal but you have to be quite the dick cop to give me a ticket for it. I mean i am showing that it is a cali plate and my number. That id all they need technically. Customeuropeanplates.com

Rear offset is +38

I had put 275/35s on them and had awful rubbing directly on the fender edge. With the springs I got some negative camber but it didn't fix it. Even if we went max neg it was still gonna rub. So I had to go 255/35 to move outside edge 10mm in. Made all the difference. Now no rubbing at all. And car within BMW alignment specs and I didn't have to roll the fenders. And as you can see they still look great and I am not riding on band aids. Ride is better than stock.
what are your tire sizes/specs front and rear?
      07-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #38
Agamemnon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3 ss2 zcp full leather

Quite a striking ride! Certainly you aren't going to see another car like yours - good on you. Must be a bit of a cop baiter though - do you get pulled over much? Mine is an Estoril Blue M-sport and I get picked out in any group of cars by the state troopers. Have to be quite careful
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #39
tennistodd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 alpine white M2 LCI

I love the choices you have made on the car. Whiskers and stripes. I would however like to see a carbon fiber lip on the front!
      07-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #40
vip
Major
United_States
Rep

Where is monkeycmonkeydo??
      07-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #41
jw30
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Looks great!

Love the red in the grill
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #42
Monkeycmonkeydo
Private
United_States
Rep

Wow. Sorry all. Fell off the planet when it comes to forums. Stupid life getting in the way of fun. Work got crazy busy these last couple years.

To answer some questions:

Yes VIP, those tire specs are correct. Lets just say over time the car definitely rubbed on every big dip or bump in road. But doesnt cause any damage to the actual car and just made me wear the tires down more agressively than I would have otherwise. But since I ended up having a set of 19s as well I alternated those two wheels and currently have stock back on.

Agememmon I actually havent been pulled over once. I also love the cruise control on this thing and unless I am on the autocross track, I try not to be too agressive. Cruise at 81 is perfect because one click on cruise control drops 5mph without brakelights and by the time i pass the cop i am only doing 75 and no ticket or pull over
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 05:15 PM   #43
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Finally had our first sunny weekend in Southern California which means I had a chance to get out and take some pics of the car. I think I might be the only person in the LA area that has the M Performance Stripe. It is definitely a big time love/hate item. But I have found it grows on people as well. Either way I love it and makes it easy to find my car among a sea of Alpine Whites in California.

My 335 Sports Line has the following done:
Llumar tint on sides and back 35/20/15
Calipers painted red
H&R Sport Springs
Vinyl wrap eyebrows on front headlights (to hide the silver)
Red Vinyl wrap on whiskers
M Performance Grill
M Performance Black Stripes
IND Front reflectors color matched
20x8.5 and 20x10 Koko Kuture Ultralight Lindos Wheels in Matte Black
Hankook tires

It drives so much better than stock.
Love that mean look this car has. I couldn't help but think how all this car needs now is M-Sport package + M - Sport black diffuser to complete that White/Black contrast + meaner look. Anyways, sick ride!
      09-14-2015, 07:04 PM   #44
Felosenco
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 428i M Sport Gran Coupe

Garage List
The stripe is not something I would consider for my car, but I think it looks great on yours. Very distinctive. Can't say that I've seen it on any BMW here in Oz.