F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Is the F30 a luxury car? What is a luxury car?
ARMA SPEED

03-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #23
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Walking around Melbourne I see Audi's everywhere? Often I ask myself why would someone get an Audi over a MB or BMW or Lexus. I went to the website to check out the pricing and options. Audi does offer more options standard.. but I'm not sure the pricing is fair to justify the cost of an Audi.

Even the new IS all I can say is "WOW" if you haven't seen it check it out.

I love the size of the 3 being a compact sedan I do wish they put "More" into it.. I'd like a leather trimmings.. suction doors..MMmmM love that.. cabin noise cancellation!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #24
mackie777
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 320i M

Because Audis have a ridiculous list price, compared to actual purchase price.
my List price was 79k for my a4 and paid 53k for it. Its there marketing strategy, or it was when 2-3 years ago. You think you are getting a super deal, when really there list price should be 15k less in the first place. Worked on me, but not the 2nd time
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #25
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackie777 View Post
Because Audis have a ridiculous list price, compared to actual purchase price.
my List price was 79k for my a4 and paid 53k for it. Its there marketing strategy, or it was when 2-3 years ago. You think you are getting a super deal, when really there list price should be 15k less in the first place. Worked on me, but not the 2nd time
WOW Thanks for the tip , how did u manage to get it down by like 30k? So do i go in the store and say i want to pay 60k for an S5 or something? I wouldnt even know where to start :O
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #26
mackie777
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 320i M

That was 3 years ago when they were really pushing out Audis on the road, not sure now though. But on the oz audi forums, its pretty common for most buyers there to be getting at least 20% off list price. Mine was on show room floor so granted i got more of a discount.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #27
Hivetyrant
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 328i - Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
Walking around Melbourne I see Audi's everywhere? Often I ask myself why would someone get an Audi over a MB or BMW or Lexus. I went to the website to check out the pricing and options. Audi does offer more options standard.. but I'm not sure the pricing is fair to justify the cost of an Audi.
I see the same thing in Brisbane, and I have always been a big Audi fan, but go and sit in one. You'll notice the difference.

Are they nice? Damn right, but they don't have the "feel" of a BMW or Mercedes (at the same level) once we're talking A5's + it's a bit different, and the new A4 made a huge jump, but I still feel the 3 series is a bit ahead in most area's.

As for the original question, the BMW, to me is certainly a luxury car, but that's probably because I have come from old old old cars and a Holden Ute, which was fun, but it's still a Holden, and while I loved the look of it, even with all the bells and whistles they have added over the years (and more importantly, the bells and whistles being added in the VF) the fact is, it's still a Holden, and it doesn't mean it's added well, Holden's fall apart, the leather on my steering wheel's started to come off after a year, the leather in the seats was not stitched well, they make noises, handle like boats (some). And I know it wasn't just mine, I came from a country town where every man and his dog had a Holden/Ford/Toyota, I've driven every year model, and even the HSV's/FPV's and while they are "power houses" they still lack that refinement that BMW offers, and to be honest, it's the little things I love about my car that constantly surprise me.

I thought I would be constantly amazed at the built in Nav, reversing sensors, and paddle shifts but it's the little things like the mirrors auto folding in, the lights built into the door handles, the automatic tyre pressure sensors, etc that really put the smile on my face.
Appreciate 0