F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Adaptive Headlight Failure
Extreme Powerhouse

01-25-2022, 09:35 AM   #1
GerroffMe
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d F31

Unhappy Adaptive Headlight Failure

Hi all,

Hopefully you guys have some knowledge to share - had a search around for a few days but not been able to find much information on an issue I am having with my headlights (passenger side UK).

The other day upon starting my 63 reg F31 330D Touring, the instrument cluster display showed "Adaptive Headlight Failure" and the iDrive shows a horizontal failure.

BMW took a look today and swapped the light drive units and say the error has stayed on the same light, and the only option is a new headlight housing for £823.56 plus labour to fit.

they have given me a part number of B63.11.7.338.703, though my search for this part number yields few results.

they have also included 6310502 and 6312004 but I think these are labour codes for the garage and not part code.

Has anyone experienced this issue before and have any advice on how best to proceed? I am fairly savvy with car electronics though this has thrown me a bit with the price of the new unit and the lack of being able to find the part number. I am also not sure what part has actually failed as BMW have just suggested a new light, so seems like they view it as not servicable (but maybe it is with a bit of effort)?

Really appreciate any thoughts on this.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 04:59 PM   #2
Samir72
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i

Easy option could be to just check eBay or local breakers for a single headlight and just ask you local Indy to fit and code it if needed.

Not sure if it applies to your car but some headlights need to coded to the car after fitting/replacement.

Always seems to be a far few up on eBay and a few breakers also list items so maybe reach out to any who might have a 2013 f30/31
Appreciate 0