F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > LED door sills
proTUNING Freaks

11-13-2021, 02:58 PM   #23
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

My water wasn't from washing the car, because I use Optimum No Rinse. It was from water and/or snow dripping off my shoes when I got into the car. That's why the passenger side didn't die, as I very seldom have a passenger. After I switched the good one from the passenger side to the drivers side it eventually died as well. Those I have now look to be hermetically sealed save for the jack to charge the battery, which I've coated with WD40, and the mode switch on top, which I covered with a bit of paint protection film.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 09:23 AM   #24
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
My water wasn't from washing the car, because I use Optimum No Rinse. It was from water and/or snow dripping off my shoes when I got into the car. That's why the passenger side didn't die, as I very seldom have a passenger. After I switched the good one from the passenger side to the drivers side it eventually died as well. Those I have now look to be hermetically sealed save for the jack to charge the battery, which I've coated with WD40, and the mode switch on top, which I covered with a bit of paint protection film.
With the Black Friday sales I purchased the door sills you noted above at a great price. Will be curious to see how they look. I have an X1 that my teen driver has taken over, so this can either go on her vehicle or mine.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2023, 12:56 AM   #25
boxtao
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW730

The installation I bought at leddoorsillpro was also a bit of a struggle, but it worked out in the end. https://leddoorsillpro.com/collections/led-door-sill/
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2023, 07:09 AM   #26
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

If you bought a wired unit I can see it being a PITA. Wireless is simple.
Appreciate 0