F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Need help choosing options, placing F30 order very soon
GetBMWParts

11-26-2011, 07:15 AM   #23
wmzorba
Rep
Drives: 2001 BMW 330 CI TiAg

yes black alone would go, but on sport version black only comes with the red striping....
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #24
90degreeman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Crappy 2001 Accord

Hi F30post members I am extremely excited to share that my pick-up (munich) date has been confirmed on 2nd march

Here is what I got:

B39 Mineral Gray Metallic
4AD Brushed Aluminum Trim
4DL High-gloss Black Trim Line
2A5 18" light alloy wheels Double-spoke style 397
Front / Rear
3DZ Without Lines designation outside
ZPP Premium Package
LCL3 Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight
ZTP Technology Package
ZCW Cold Weather Package
522 Xenon headlights
ZSL Sport Line
6UH Real Time Traffic Information
6WA Instrument cluster with extended contents
524 Adaptive light control
5AC High Beam Assistant

The neat thing about bmwusa is that I can track the car daily through the production process (although the only thing thats correct in the picture is the color, I didnt get these rims. Dealer said that theyll update all the information on the bmwusa tracking system in a month or so:

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #25
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Congrats again bro! Still undecided on leather color(leaning towards red) and transmission(prob getting manual) what trans did u get?
      12-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #26
2wheels4me
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 Black 335i sport sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90degreeman View Post
Hi F30post members I am extremely excited to share that my pick-up (munich) date has been confirmed on 2nd march

Here is what I got:

B39 Mineral Gray Metallic
4AD Brushed Aluminum Trim
4DL High-gloss Black Trim Line
2A5 18" light alloy wheels Double-spoke style 397
Front / Rear
3DZ Without Lines designation outside
ZPP Premium Package
LCL3 Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight
ZTP Technology Package
ZCW Cold Weather Package
522 Xenon headlights
ZSL Sport Line
6UH Real Time Traffic Information
6WA Instrument cluster with extended contents
524 Adaptive light control
5AC High Beam Assistant

Where do the 6uh, 524, and 5ac show up on the published price list? I can't seem to find them. I have a pdf that my dealer sent me that looks just like the one published here, did a search, and those ordering numbers/acronyms don't show up. Thanks.

Congratulations on your order, my placement of one is coming soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #27
90degreeman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Congrats again bro! Still undecided on leather color(leaning towards red) and transmission(prob getting manual) what trans did u get?
ZMT - Manual tranny for the win! I drove 135i with manual and it felt amazing...I cannot imagine being bored by automatic. It may be a minor inconvenience in traffic, but the trade-off is not enough to warrant an automatic. Yes yes, people may say that the automatic gives a better mileage and yields better 0-60 times but heck, I am not going to race with anyone. I just want to have fun driving and having a manual certainly adds to the fun. It's a manly thing to do, man.

The only things I didn't get are premium sound, m-adaptive suspension, parking and driving assistance. I think I am not going to miss them much.

I didn't really want navigation (will never use it) but had to get it for a bigger screen . I personally don't like the small 6.3" screen (although it is not too bad). Oh, well...its too late to change anything. I am atleast going to have fun with the HUD
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #28
90degreeman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheels4me View Post
Where do the 6uh, 524, and 5ac show up on the published price list? I can't seem to find them. I have a pdf that my dealer sent me that looks just like the one published here, did a search, and those ordering numbers/acronyms don't show up. Thanks.

Congratulations on your order, my placement of one is coming soon.
These options are automatically added when selecting "xenon lights" or "technology package"... You don't need to select them.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #29
riguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X3 M-Sport 28i

Garage List
Congrats! Setup is similar to what I've been thinking. I'm a tech geek so I MUST HAVE that the parking cameras! LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #30
90degreeman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Before you decide on coral red, be mindful that it is too bright and I personally find the cockpit distracting.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #31
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
ZMT - Manual tranny for the win! I drove 135i with manual and it felt amazing...I cannot imagine being bored by automatic. It may be a minor inconvenience in traffic, but the trade-off is not enough to warrant an automatic. Yes yes, people may say that the automatic gives a better mileage and yields better 0-60 times but heck, I am not going to race with anyone. I just want to have fun driving and having a manual certainly adds to the fun. It's a manly thing to do, man.

The only things I didn't get are premium sound, m-adaptive suspension, parking and driving assistance. I think I am not going to miss them much.

I didn't really want navigation (will never use it) but had to get it for a bigger screen . I personally don't like the small 6.3" screen (although it is not too bad). Oh, well...its too late to change anything. I am atleast going to have fun with the HUD
HUD FTW!!! If they offered as a standalone option for $1000, i would be all over that. Same with the xenons. Oh well. I am going to the dealer in a little, and am going to try and drive an e90 328base 6spd, just to get a feel of the bmw manual and also try to drive the Z4 28i auto...same ZF, N20, M suspension, as F30...try and get a feel for the auto. Will update with what happens later.
      12-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #32
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Before you decide on coral red, be mindful that it is too bright and I personally find the cockpit distracting.

Hard to tell by pics...will ask to see a car on the lot with coral red to see what it looks like. thanks!
      12-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #33
riguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I have the coral red on my 135i. I wouldn't do it again (cause I've had it for 3 years), but it is distinctive...that's for sure. Go for it!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #34
2wheels4me
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 Black 335i sport sedan

Quote:

Looks awesome to me! Your sitting on it, how distracting could it be?

Last edited by 2wheels4me; 12-03-2011 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #35
riguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Actually, i will say the red does require you treat the leather fairly frequently...more so then other colors. After 4-5 months, I find it dulls down and almost gets a slight pink tone. I just use the BMW leather treatment and it brings it right back. I haven't seen this with other BMW's. I also have an X5 with the Oyster interior and find no issues with that at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #36
90degreeman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheels4me View Post
Looks awesome to me! Your sittiing on it, how distracting could it be?
Oh lol, you're right but subconsciously, I think it is distracting. Ever seen an airplane cockpit with a bunch of colors? Seats red, aluminum trim, etc. No, it is just meant to be functional and minimalistic (too many gauges though).

I think the color is way too loud and it is strictly a personal opinion . It screams attention . I like conservative interior and exterior colors unless I own a supercar.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #37
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

I was planning on ordering the coral red, while at the dealer, first i was looking at a black 128i, that had coral red interior. I thought it was nice, but i guess i was never fully committed, While ordering i sat in a 335d with black dakota sport seats, which i also had in both my 335's. Something hit me and i went with the black dakota with red accents.

ALso, my dealer was ordering on his computer(the gm actually, he was the only guy that had F30 info) and inorder of him to select black dakota leather, i had to get the $475 fold down seats...wtf is that?...the dealer wasnt trying to screw me, i watched him try to select black with no fold down seats. I hope i can get this changed, and think i can...as more orders take place i will find something and get this resolved...probably have 3-4 weeks till the car goes into production.
      12-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #38
90degreeman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I was planning on ordering the coral red, while at the dealer, first i was looking at a black 128i, that had coral red interior. I thought it was nice, but i guess i was never fully committed, While ordering i sat in a 335d with black dakota sport seats, which i also had in both my 335's. Something hit me and i went with the black dakota with red accents.

ALso, my dealer was ordering on his computer(the gm actually, he was the only guy that had F30 info) and inorder of him to select black dakota leather, i had to get the $475 fold down seats...wtf is that?...the dealer wasnt trying to screw me, i watched him try to select black with no fold down seats. I hope i can get this changed, and think i can...as more orders take place i will find something and get this resolved...probably have 3-4 weeks till the car goes into production.
Tell him to stop bullshitting you. Go to a different dealer. I can confirm that this is clearly some garbage. You don't need split fold down for black dakota leather. Send an email to BMWNA corporate and file a complaint with the name of the dealership and the salesman.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #39
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Tell him to stop bullshitting you. Go to a different dealer. I can confirm that this is clearly some garbage. You don't need split fold down for black dakota leather. Send an email to BMWNA corporate and file a complaint with the name of the dealership and the salesman.
Yea, im going to do something...It would have been hard to call out the gm in his office when i was watching him build the car and it wasnt allowing us to select the leather without the seats. I am deffenitly going to make a fuss about this. He said he "would take care of it for me"...but thats 500 more on the price...i was hoping to get the car under 40k...gonna be harder.
      12-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #40
90degreeman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yea, im going to do something...It would have been hard to call out the gm in his office when i was watching him build the car and it wasnt allowing us to select the leather without the seats. I am deffenitly going to make a fuss about this. He said he "would take care of it for me"...but thats 500 more on the price...i was hoping to get the car under 40k...gonna be harder.
Asshole dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #41
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Asshole dealer.
lol
      12-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #42
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Congrats on your order!! Looks like we have members taking european delivery of their F30 on the first (JohnInDallas) and second day (you) of ED!
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #43
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Smile

Quote:

Congrats to you Man!
I fully support your choice of the manual transmission! It's the most engaging driving experience! It's the real driving experience forces you to stay focus.

I am also completing my ED pre-ordering process for a 335i luxury MT... a separate thread will be made as soon as BMW confirms with me on the ED date next week.

I am sure you cannot wait huh!
Appreciate 0