F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Album Art Refresh Problems Driving Me Nuts
GetBMWParts

10-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
bobber
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328d Wagon, M Trim

Album Art Refresh Problems Driving Me Nuts

I have a 2014 BMW 328d X Drive Wagon with M Trim and the Technology package. The album art sticks after the first song in both USB and Bluetooth Mode. I have taken it to the dealer and they say that the problem appears to be that BMW does not support Apple Play in their cars.

I had a iPhone 5 with IOS 7, and just got an iPhone 6 with IOS 8. It's the same problem. I called BMW and was told that "hopefully their will be an upgrade to solve this"

Does anyone know what BMW's plans are and what the timeline is? I would assume this must be a huge problem that they are just trying to ignore.

I think it is pretty lame having a $55k car that claims to be a leader in technology, yet doesn't support the leading smartphone system.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #2
DominicJE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 BMW 428i w/ M Sport

Yeah this is a problem for me as well in my 2014 4 series with Spotify. The song and the album sticks on the same song and won't show the next song meta tag. Spotify works great in other cars, even works perfect in my Mom's Chevy Volt. I hope they do release an update soon with a fix.
Now I just keep my screen on the Navigation since showing the song is useless until it's fixed.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
pj94z
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2017 Infinti QX60  [0.00]
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2017 BMW 340i  [0.00]
I have the same headache as you both on my new 2014 328i - album art/song won't update via bluetooth running spotify with iphone 6 !

I used to have an andriod HTC ONE m7 phone and album art updated without any problem at all!

So - me thinks its a apple/spotify issue ?

I tried to update the sw on my bmw but it kept saying "update incompatible" when I plugged in the USB and tried to update via idrive settings.

* spotify did release an update last night giving it apple car play support - any idea if this can be used to workout the problem?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
bobber
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328d Wagon, M Trim

I think the issue is in the BMW system as they are not integrating Apple Car Play into their Audio systems, yet they support Android.

When I called up BMW's Genius Line they said that this was the number 1 complaint they received from customers. My dealer here in Greensboro NC echoed that. The long and short is until BMW embraces Apple Car Play in a firmware update, nothing is going to change.

As a side note, I have another car with a Pioneer. It had the same problems, and then they introduced a Apple Car Play firmware update and it works like a charm for all Apple Apps including Spotify and Pandora.
Appreciate 0