F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Just ordered my 335 M Sport yesterday
Studio RSR

03-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #45
FEE
Ne Conjugare Nobiscum
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Sport MG/Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frzdrdhppy View Post
LOL! Pally, step away from that Pop-Tart!

It will all be cool when they get here. Maybe we can get Jeff & Fee to meet us half-way and do a road trip to Spartanburg!
LOL, the anticipation is such a blast. I'm deployed right now, so my car will beat me home, but I'm still as impatient as ever as it makes its way across the pond! I've actually considered taking a trip to Spartanburg and doing the delivery 101 thing there, recently saw a post about it here somewhere.

Here's the thread for Spartanburg PCD http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=814742

Last edited by FEE; 03-13-2013 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: added thread
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #46
Jeff_in_Oviedo
Delivered!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 335 M Sport

Okay, so I analyzed the entire 335/328 inventory of Fields BMW. I checked the W&W tracking of all the ones made in Germany. I probably searched around 50 VINs, give or take. Of those, only 3 even showed up in the system. Two were delivered to Baltimore, MD and one was delivered to Brunswick, GA.

I am pretty much convinced that my vehicle will never show up in the W&W system, for reasons that I will never know. I called my SA and he is going to check later today when he gets into the office. I guess i'm going to be flying blind until the car just magically appears in the U.S. somewhere. I'm hoping to take ownership by April 9th, my birthday. It would make for a happy day.
      03-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #47
FEE
Ne Conjugare Nobiscum
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Sport MG/Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_Oviedo View Post
Okay, so I analyzed the entire 335/328 inventory of Fields BMW. I checked the W&W tracking of all the ones made in Germany. I probably searched around 50 VINs, give or take. Of those, only 3 even showed up in the system. Two were delivered to Baltimore, MD and one was delivered to Brunswick, GA.

I am pretty much convinced that my vehicle will never show up in the W&W system, for reasons that I will never know. I called my SA and he is going to check later today when he gets into the office. I guess i'm going to be flying blind until the car just magically appears in the U.S. somewhere. I'm hoping to take ownership by April 9th, my birthday. It would make for a happy day.
I'm in NW Florida and just assumed the car would be coming through Brunswick. Guess maybe that's not always the case. Best of luck getting a track on your car. Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #48
Jeff_in_Oviedo
Delivered!
United_States
Rep

Interesting: I found a way to do an advanced search, despite the fact that no such link is provided. If you do the track option and get to the quick search, edit the url so the last parameter is "displayOceanAdvancedSearchResult" instead of "displayOceanQuickSearchResult". Now you can do a much better search.

I wanted to see what left on the Integrity on the 7th of March from Bremerhaven. I did find some BMWs, specifically this one: WBA3A5G53DNP24327. Notice that the 11th digit is a "N", which is supposed to mean South Africa. Yes, this vehicle was supposedly made in South Africa, but shipped out of Germany on the Integrity. It finished production on Jan 17th and was booked on this ship by Feb 14th. By the way, there are 58 more BMWs on this ship that follow this pattern of having 5xDNP##### in the vin, meaning they are built in South Africa.

Anybody care to explain?

Last edited by Jeff_in_Oviedo; 03-13-2013 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #49
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Interesting: I found a way to do an advanced search, despite the fact that no such link is provided. If you do the track option and get to the quick search, edit the url so the last parameter is "displayOceanAdvancedSearchResult" instead of "displayOceanQuickSearchResult". Now you can do a much better search.

I wanted to see what left on the Integrity on the 7th of March from Bremerhaven. I did find some BMWs, specifically this one: WBA3A5G53DNP24327. Notice that the 11th digit is a "N", which is supposed to mean South Africa. Yes, this vehicle was supposedly made in South Africa, but shipped out of Germany on the Integrity. It finished production on Jan 17th and was booked on this ship by Feb 14th. By the way, there are 58 more BMWs on this ship that follow this pattern of having 5xDNP##### in the vin, meaning they are built in South Africa.

Anybody care to explain?
I believe all South Africa build cars will be shipped to Germany first then reshipped to the US...that's why they are taking so long.

I'm emailing my CA today to see what's the real status on my order...

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #50
Frzdrdhppy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i xD GT Estoril/Oyster

Quote:

W&W isn't the only car carrier that BMW uses. It's the only one that we can track via VIN. They also use K-Line and a couple of others we can't get ourselves, but our CAs should be able to get the info so we can still track the voyage.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #51
Jeff_in_Oviedo
Delivered!
United_States
Rep

Is there anybody else that they use, when shipping from Germany to southeast US, specifically Florida?
      03-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #52
Jeff_in_Oviedo
Delivered!
United_States
Rep

So since virtually none of the German-built cars at my local Fields BMW show up in the W&W tracking, I am going to believe that they use a different carrier, like K-Line: http://www.kline.com/ . After checking their Atlantic RoRo(wtf is that), I see that they have a very similar east-coast set of ports, hitting Southhampton, Baltimore, Brunswick, Charleston, and back to Bremerhaven.

See the XLS here: http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.XLS

Their "Athens Highway" left Bremerhaven on March 9th, and the next one, "California Highway" leaves Bremerhaven on March 14th(tomorrow). Perhaps I am on one of these.
      03-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #53
Jeff_in_Oviedo
Delivered!
United_States
Rep

SA verified that they use KLine. He ordered a car at the same time that I did, and his was produced March 2nd (mine was march 4th). His is already on the Athens Highway, it left 2 days late(11th instead of 9th). I am fully expecting that mine will make it onto the California Highway, which is scheduled to leave today, but will probably also be a day or so late.
      03-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #54
ichibanb18c
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

First off congrats on your purchase.

I have a question when you set up to track your vehicle. I got my production # and try to enter it and keep getting an error like the picture shown:

Any clue??

Last edited by ichibanb18c; 03-14-2013 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #55
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichibanb18c View Post
First off congrats on your purchase.

I have a question when you set up to track your vehicle. I got my production # and try to enter it and keep getting an error like the picture shown:

Any clue??
It happens sometimes. Try it again after a few days.

I waited about a week until I could put my production number in there.

BTW you may want to cover your production # in the picture.

Last edited by pallymore; 03-14-2013 at 09:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #56
Jeff_in_Oviedo
Delivered!
United_States
Rep

Yea, I remember that when I first got my production #, I tried to put it in but was denied. I had to wait a couple days for it to be in the system. Then, the picture for the car was incorrect and the information was missing. Finally the picture updated and the information filled in, all though some things weren't listed. It's all good though, b/c once I got my VIN and the car was done, I checked it in the BMWVIN.com site and everything looked just as I ordered.

Pallymore, were you thinking that somebody could enter in his production# and claim his car? I wouldn't be too worried, as you can add cars by VIN too, which are publicly available(visible on car).
      03-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #57
ichibanb18c
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yea, I remember that when I first got my production #, I tried to put it in but was denied. I had to wait a couple days for it to be in the system. Then, the picture for the car was incorrect and the information was missing. Finally the picture updated and the information filled in, all though some things weren't listed. It's all good though, b/c once I got my VIN and the car was done, I checked it in the BMWVIN.com site and everything looked just as I ordered.

Pallymore, were you thinking that somebody could enter in his production# and claim his car? I wouldn't be too worried, as you can add cars by VIN too, which are publicly available(visible on car).
Yea that's probably what it is. I dont even know if the car is scheduled for production yet. Just a bit anxious that's all.

Dont think you can do anything with the production # since I believe its in the system and already allocated.

Jeff_in_Oviedo, I ordered mines from Fields too!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #58
ichibanb18c
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
It happens sometimes. Try it again after a few days.

I waited about a week until I could put my production number in there.

BTW you may want to cover your production # in the picture.
Hehe i edited the image but I guess in your "quote" it still shows up. Oh well...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #59
Jeff_in_Oviedo
Delivered!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Jeff_in_Oviedo, I ordered mines from Fields too!
Fields BMW of Winter Park?
      03-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #60
Frzdrdhppy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So since virtually none of the German-built cars at my local Fields BMW show up in the W&W tracking, I am going to believe that they use a different carrier, like K-Line: http://www.kline.com/ . After checking their Atlantic RoRo(wtf is that), I see that they have a very similar east-coast set of ports, hitting Southhampton, Baltimore, Brunswick, Charleston, and back to Bremerhaven.

See the XLS here: http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/S...g_Schedule.XLS

Their "Athens Highway" left Bremerhaven on March 9th, and the next one, "California Highway" leaves Bremerhaven on March 14th(tomorrow). Perhaps I am on one of these.
Still no info on mine, however I did your system of checking VINs close to ours (before and after). Several showed up, all on the WW ship "Tiger" headed for California. Funny thing is that I have checked the Bremerhaven marine port site daily for past couple of weeks and I don't recall ever seeing the Tiger ever being listed. WW shows it at their site and gives its itinerary.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #61
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hehe i edited the image but I guess in your "quote" it still shows up. Oh well...
lol....sorry, i just removed it. :P

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #62
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

well...I dont know how others may misuse the number but i think it's important to keep it private.

true vin number is printed on the window, same to the license plate - why you should cover those when you upload a photo of your car?

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 12:48 AM   #63
Frzdrdhppy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Looks like BMW is really pushing to get the vehicles at port loaded onto ships. There are at least 6 vehicle carriers at port now, with 3 being loaded and 3 moored and waiting. There are two more due to arrive within next 24 hours.

With each having the capacity to take 4-5,000+ cars, that should be at least 30,000 that should be loaded within next 72 hours. Jeff, I think you, Pally and I could be about 3 weeks away from delivery. Let the race begin!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #64
ichibanb18c
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Fields BMW of Winter Park?
That is correct sir!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #65
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frzdrdhppy View Post
Looks like BMW is really pushing to get the vehicles at port loaded onto ships. There are at least 6 vehicle carriers at port now, with 3 being loaded and 3 moored and waiting. There are two more due to arrive within next 24 hours.

With each having the capacity to take 4-5,000+ cars, that should be at least 30,000 that should be loaded within next 72 hours. Jeff, I think you, Pally and I could be about 3 weeks away from delivery. Let the race begin!
awww...I'm going on a business trip after 2 weeks! ((

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #66
Jeff_in_Oviedo
Delivered!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is correct sir!
Hugh H. was my salesman, who was yours?